2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, this class really sucks! After the #1 RB in the nation, all we got was leftovers. :facepalm:

• Funny Funny x 4
  2. BurntOrangeLH

So you are saying Herman should have stood pat? Interesting, but Herman was more decisive. Both the OC and DC were held accountable. Correctly so, in my opinion.

3. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Alfred Collins is coming up in a few minutes. Let's hope!

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Alfred, Alfred, Alfred.

5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Good he deserves it. A number of us on these boards have been championing this recruit since he was a little known 3 star. I suspect the underrating of Karic was mostly due to an old and outdated weight measurement (240 lbs) that was only updated fairly recently. That (old) light weight measurement led many gurus to view him as a "project."

Usually the really good OL prospects fall into one of two camps:

1. Quick feet, quick hands, good footwork, polished technicians, who tend to be good pass blockers.

2. Mean, tough, nasty, brawling, SOBs on the field, who specialize in pancakes and making DLs cry and curl up in the fetal position.

Karic is the rare bird who falls into both camps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Survey says Texas!!!!

7. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Why? Choosing a school that, like Texas, flirts with Tier 1, and a decade ago knocked Texas out of the top fifty. Florida and SMU have done more than any other schools to gain ranking in USN&WR rankings. As a member of The Florida Foundation, I would submit that it is a much better run university than the one that gets most of my money. I am, however, less than thrilled with their selection of football coaches since Spurrier, but at least none of the ones at Texas has not tried to cover up murders.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. KBBAKER

KBBAKER 500+ Posts

I don't stress about recruiting. For the last 50+ years, Texas has had enough talent to go 9-1, 10-1, 11-1 or 12-1 every season! It's up to the coaches. We get great players every recruiting cycle. Coach them up!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Alfred picked Texas guys !!!! Get happy

• Like Like x 15
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. BurntOrangeLH

If you're that happy, I think you ought to go to the Florida Board. I certainly think Texas has recently made more strides than Florida. Florida has gone downhill and Texas has come uphill.

11. LazyHorn

LazyHorn 25+ Posts

Doing the Happy Monkey Dance!

Hook 'em

12. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

• Like Like x 6
    • Hot Hot x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

YES!! :hookem3:

15. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

Not saying he should have stood pat. The question is his decisions on these two men didn't pan out. Now he starts over. What about the wide receiver coach debacle?

16. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

You're wrong and anyone that liked/agreed with this is wrong (yes, you know who you are). I'm thinking this is going to be an 8-10 win season and we're winning more than we're losing and Herman is 3-0 in bowl games. We start firing coaches every four years and we'll spend a good 20 years firing coaches and not improving. It's the same mentality that got Fred Akers fired for having the first losing season in 30 years (5-6). Then we hired David McWilliams who had 3 losing seasons in 5 years. John Mackovic up next (exciting offenses) but still had subpar/losing seasons. Then Mack Brown shows up and wins a lot. For my money (don't have any but that's besides the point), Texas should've kept Akers as long as he wanted to coach at Texas. I'll bet we wouldn't have fared any worse (or as badly) as we did under McWilliams and Mackovic. But, somebody with money is going to get ticked off at season's end and here we go.....maybe we can hire a coach from the LBQDTXFL community or something...if we're going to lose then let's go politically hard!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Not just a good player but another good character guy by all accounts. He should prove a real asset. Only way today could have been a failure is to miss on this one.
    We didn't.
    Huge welcome to Mr. Collins.
    ou boys crying already and saying silly stuff

• Like Like x 2
  18. BurntOrangeLH

So 10-4 with a Sugar Bowl win in his second year was bad?

What about Mehringer? I think he was among the first 3 relieved of their duties at UT. Remember, both he and Beck were in the top 5 of B12 recruiting Assistant coaches.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Envision the future: Broughton, Collins, and Goram-Welch up front with Dorbah as a rush-end who can also "flex" back to LB as needed and to confuse the opposing OL and QB at times. That's the makings of a real solid-looking trench.

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

I prefer to see the upside in having 2 spots open for grad transfers.

21. RainH2burntO

The Gators had enough of a lead that we stay at #9 with the addition of Collins...
    But the Vols added a recruit or two last minute and bumped ou out of top 10.
    :ousucks:

• Funny Funny x 2
  22. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 6
  23. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

No. 9 in the final 247 team rankings - with only 19 commits
    No. 5 if you use player ranking instead of team ranking
    Every other team in front of us has a minimum of 23 commits, with both Georgia and Alabama having 25

We also sent out less offers -- 130 offers (vs. 300 by LSU)

• Like Like x 5
    • Hot Hot x 1
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2020
  25. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Now we just need coaching to win the B12 and get into CFP

• Winner Winner x 1
  26. Horn87

Horn87 1,000+ Posts

so 'Horns signed three today, a 5*, and two 4*? is that correct JF?

27. BurntOrangeLH

Graduate transfers at that level are not that frequent on the DL.

28. RainH2burntO

I believe it is one 5 one 4 and an already committed 4...we just added two new ones today.

29. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Good class, time to move on to 2021. That should be a full class of 25. I predict 4 5'stars in that class.

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  30. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

But recent history says he cannot beat ISU, TCU and Baylor.

This ^^^^ is what rival coaches throw out.

• Agree Agree x 2