2020 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 25, 2017.

1. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• poop poop x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Don't ever know when its safe to trust them but "TexAgs" said they think we lead with CB Joshua Eaton. They say his decision is made. And Perroni and Wiltfong both put in CBs for Eaton to Texas. Wiltfong is supposed to be close to the aggy DC and he often doesnt CB until just before the announcement is ready to be made.

This yet aggy is thought to be in the lead for Alford
    We will see

ps -- As of this moment, Super K of TFB thinks we get all three of Alford, Eaton, and Princely U

ps 2

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

2020 or 2021, I don’t know but y’all shh

• Like Like x 5
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 11
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

with 3 less players even :cow:
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Aglets everywhere putting their nuts or ovaries in a vice tonight!

9. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Too soon?

prince.jpg

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. I35

I35 5,000+ Posts

How much does getting Princely help us with Alford and Eaton? And where were we with them on our chances to get them even before the Princely commitment?

11. Crockett

Crockett 5,000+ Posts

12. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Great group of DL. Nice work staff!

My 2 cents: Based on my admittedly minimal film watching of the DL recruits, I’d say Broughton could play any position on the DL. He could be a Too Tall Jones type of powerful DE. He’s taller than the prototype NT but can develop the strength while maintaining his quickness, so it’s not out of the question he ends up there. He’s got the frame to be well north of 300 lbs with very little body fat and still fairly quick.

Princely has the quick, speedy, tricky-moves pass rush, but he is also adept at splitting double teams and providing pass rush from the inside. He punches well above his current weight class. So, yeah he’s also pretty versatile. Sky is the limit for this young man.

Also I’d expect to see Dorbah coming down to a 4th DL to rush the passer from the edge from time-to-time. Could be with a hand on the ground or in a two point stance. Could also fake it frequently and drop back into coverage to trick the QB.

Van might play any position on the DL (obviously bulking up a lot if he goes to NT). He’s quick and polished for a HS player, and already very strong. Apparently, the weight room is his second home.

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2020s ranking using the 247 Player Average

1. Clemson 94.08
    2. Alabama 93.26
    3. Georgia 93.20
    4. TEXAS 93.10
    5. LSU 92.53
    6. tOSU 92.08
    7. ou 91.22
    8. Auburn 90.87
    9. Notre Dame 90.66

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of aggy, here was the take by aggy recruiting expert Hammy on the commitment of Sam Ehlinger, back in the day
    [​IMG]

And here they were back in June :cow:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  16. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
  17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Ags have 9 3stars ... we have 11 4stars. Bwaaahahaha! How great is Jumbo Failure.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

Dig if you will the D line

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Demetric Warren put in a CB of 4-star WR Quentin Johnston (6'4,180) of Temple to Texas. This is supposed to be down to us v. TCU
    Wiley is from Temple so this may be referring to Johnson

• Like Like x 2
  20. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Genius

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Mike Roach on Quentin Johnson --

Word is getting around that Temple wide receiver Quentin Johnston is closing in on a commitment. As I reported last week, the four-star pass catcher was looking at making his decision before the season, and it sounds like Texas and TCU are the top two. I haven’t quite been able to get a clear outlook on who leads, but I’ve been hearing a bit more positive buzz towards Texas as of late. I’m not yet ready to put in a crystal ball, but I think Texas is using their recent momentum to keep things rolling with him. TCU wide receivers coach Malcolm Kelly is a huge factor in the race, and he's created a special bond between the TCU staff and Quentin. This race will be tight right up until the announcement.

Mike at Night: Can Texas sustain their summer momentum?

• Like Like x 1
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

We add a couple of WRs, a couple more LBs, another safety, and maybe a ‘multi-purpose’ quick scat back, and we have ourselves a class. Anything else is icing on the cake. After last year’s haul, and understanding the 2020 class would be smallish in numbers by comparison, I was just hoping for a top 10 class. Tom & Co have already exceeded expectations, and it ain’t over yet.

My current Q: what other LBs out there are interested in us?

• Like Like x 3
  23. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Rollin Rollin,Rollin keep those doggies moving, hornhidddddde!

• Like Like x 2
  24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Quentin Johnson's name doesnt come up as much as some of the others, maybe simply because he does not work at bringing attention to himself. But he is top 10 in Texas, the #11 national WR and #61 overall nationally per the 247Composite. He is a very interesting prospect, one of those long stride guys who comes down with the ball. IMO, a much better take than Eaton (low floor/high ceiling) and/or Alford (higher floor/lower ceiling).
    Quentin Johnston, Temple, Wide Receiver

Bad music here but good highlights

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  25. Horns R Back

Horns R Back 250+ Posts

Sure would be nice to add Kelee Ringo and teammate Damian Sellers. Not that we need anymore LBs. Throw in Johnston, Hester, Alford, Eaton, Collins because im greedy, and Ty Jordan and this class would be spectacular. That would put us at 23 commits and a composite score of close to 300

26. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

With the Temple coach being a huge Texas fan we always have the recruiting edge on anyone we want from there.

• Like Like x 4
  27. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Top 75 player nationally. Big long guy. :hookem: here's hoping!

• Like Like x 4
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ringo's a pipedream
    At one point, just 5 months or so ago, i thought we were getting both he and Justin Flowe. lol
    But its turned out pretty, pretty good anyway

29. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

Yeah I was hoping we'd pull out Ringo :/

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This lower story is not us, just a cool tale
    Kid tells his mom on Mothers Day he accepted full scholly offer to TTU. What a nice gift, "You wont have to paying any tuition or food bills." Dude is 6'5,270. Oh and his mom went to TTU too.

• Like Like x 1