2020 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Chris Drake

Chris Drake < 25 Posts

Guster to Baylor

2. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Don't think Gusters attended any of our home games this season, but I forget:

3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Thanks for rushing over to tell us she chose your Baylor team:

4. Chris Drake

Chris Drake < 25 Posts

Your welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

My money says Sarah Andrews follows Gusters to Baylor! Unfortunately.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

I am not very disappointed because I have long thought she would choose either Baylor or UConn. I was hoping she would go to UConn but it is easy to see why Baylor.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I’m not too disappointed with Gusters going there but you’re right it also probably means that Andrews will follow as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

With summer approaching, the 2020 chips have to start falling sometime. It’s best to know sooner rather than later with Andrews. I would love to have a commitment from Andrews and/or Turner but I’m also preparing myself for neither.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

My homer side says we’re still in with Andrews. May have to break out the wallet. Lol. Hopefully Sarah will see how successful our guards have been and follow. But yes, really would have helped if Gusters chose UCONN.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

For a long while I was of the opinion that Gusters and Andrews would end up at the same school; when they each released their Top 12 or so schools (last August), I believe like 8 of them were the same.

As it pertained to Texas, they had mainly visited campus together during their sophomore year. But, this season (their junior year), I believe Andrews came to Austin on more than one occasion alone without Gusters.

Not sure when things changed, but I recall this past summer when it first became public that Deja Kelly had moved to the metroplex and was playing with the Duncanville summer squad with Gusters; most of us thought that was a good thing as Deja was still verbally committed to Texas. Then, Deja decommitted shortly after that. We later saw where Gusters transferred from Duncanville to Irving MacArthur (away from Kelly) to join Andrews (like in October?). And, later we found out about Cathy Self's improprieties. Not sure if there is any kind of tie-in to Gusters loss of interest in Texas, but it came way before our season started.

When we offered post player, Elyssa Coleman a couple of weeks ago, I took it as a sign that we were not going to get Gusters.

FYI -- there have been a poster (or two) on the UConn board who posted recently that Sarah Andrews appears to be headed to Texas; we'll find out eventually how connected they are to accurate info.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. LutherIsMyDog

Don’t tease me @Moooooo :e-face-tears:. I’m trying not to get my hopes up. Andrews could be the most college-ready PG Aston has ever recruited. She would be the QB we need to make the other 4 positions run effectively.

What are they saying on the BU boards? I can’t bear to go over there

• Like Like x 1
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Chris Drake created a thread on the BU board about the "Guster" (misspelled there, too) commitment. No one had replied to him when I had gone to browse. Wonder why he deleted his reply tweet to Hannah welcoming her to Baylor . . . ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

UConn board Page 126 on May 10 by Sluconn Husky is where I saw their recent blurb about Andrews looking likely to land at Texas; poster seems to follow recruiting pretty closely:

2020/21 UConn Recruiting

• Like Like x 1
  14. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

One thing to consider, if this is a package deal I would expect Andrews to commit sooner rather than later because Mulkey can’t wait that long due to her pg situation. Sarah has several months to make up her mind so at this point the longer she waits the better it is for us.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Whose in line to play the PG position next year for Baylor and maybe 2 years from now if they don’t get a transfer is it Landrum or Scott-Grayson?

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  16. Austin Bear

Austin Bear < 25 Posts

Honesty Scott-Grayson can play the point. She played it often this past year when all the subs were in. And she should make quite a leap to her sophomore year.

There's also been a lot of discussion about Hailey Van Lith being heavily recruited by Baylor. Right now, she's on the U19 USA team with Queen Egbo and Nalyssa Smith.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Chris Drake

Chris Drake < 25 Posts

It called excited, and auto correct. Saw BU there but ended up saying bus, almost like bust or busted like your coach.

• poop poop x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  18. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Buh-Bye Felicia

19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Once a troll, always a troll, and a very insecure one at that.

You can't even spell Hannah's last name correctly (on this site or the Baylor site)! LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Nor does he/she know the proper use of the word your. That's pretty basic stuff. The type of grammar most people learn in 4th grade. I guess that's the type of education you get at Bailor.

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I would gladly take Andrews while they take Van Lith.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Is this still happening?

23. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Absolutely, but Mulkey might want both. Andrews appears to be setting her own recruiting course separate from Gusters by choice or otherwise. Gusters publicly gave signs by early Spring that she would choose either Baylor or UConn. UConn may not have offered Andrews at all, having other top guard prospects. Baylor (or so it has been reported on the worldwide web) was putting the full court press on HVL at the same time continuing to recruit Andrews. Andrews held home visits with a number of schools including Baylor, Texas, Texas Tech and TCU. From this I guessed Andrews was leaning towards staying in Texas but was still deciding the type of school and program she wanted. Now that Gusters is going to Baylor does that increase Baylor's appeal? Maybe. I certainly do not know. The number of home visits suggests to me that, as late as April, Andrews remained open-minded.

24. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Word on Baylor board is that Mulkey’s corvette has been hanging out at Irving MacArthur high school. Guess now that Gusters is in the bag, Mulkey can put all out effort into her next position of need.

25. GameOfHorns

GameOfHorns 250+ Posts

The issue did continue after I initially brought it up. It curiously stopped 2-3 days ago. Will let you know if it crops up again. Thanks Dionysus!

• Like Like x 1
  26. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Interesting tweet from Sug to Sarah who liked post. Hoping that means something.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  27. LutherIsMyDog

Although it’s silly to make any predictions on Tweets, for a few minutes, I’m going to let myself enjoy the “hook ‘em” from Sarah Andrews as a reply to Sug’s Tweet.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Charli also working twitter:

• Like Like x 5
  29. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  30. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

It's all part of the new generation. I'm still trying to figure it all out. It's like interpreting a new language:smile1:

• Like Like x 1