2020 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Jul 17, 2016.

1. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

What’s the chances of getting her? From her list of schools it’s obvious that the education part is very important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

:okcool:

• Like Like x 2
  3. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

According to Dan Olson of ESPNW, Andrews will go to Baylor. He guessed at the top five uncommitted players and where they go. Mentioned Gusters to Baylor and she is a in-state girl. Don't get the impression he has any inside information...…...just high level guessing. At least I hope so.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

This is interesting but not as much as you would think. Someone asked Jerritt Elliott if he ever finds a diamond in the rough in his open tryouts. He stopped for a minute and smiled and had to think about how he was going to answer it. He said by law, he was required to hold open tryouts. And then he mumbled something that wasn't too positive about the experience. But now it explains why all the sports always advertise open tryouts.

5. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Interesting on try-outs. Didn’t realize it was law. Seems like the men’s team has 1-3 walk-ons every year. Maybe because they have fewer scholarships than the women and depending on injuries, attrition and recruiting they may need em to practice 5 on 5. The women not so much.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

We missed out on Agnes.

7. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Nice article on one of our new 2020 commits, Precious Johnson. This says she is 6’4 but have heard reports that she is 6’6? She has only played Basketball a couple of years. Great project for Terry Nooner.

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
  8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

So after 43 or so pages of posts on this thread, and MANY players discussed as possibilities...….the following are the Horns commitments.
    E Coleman (post), P Johnson (post), Shae Holle (shooting guard), A Chevalier (point guard). And some hope that Sarah Andrews will make it five. Have I overlooked somebody? I don't want to go back and read all the previous posts. HELP !

• Like Like x 1
  9. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Right on everything except Shay’s position (and spelling). Every report I can remember seeing for her lists her as a Wing/SF.

10. LonghornsWBB

LonghornsWBB 25+ Posts

Holle can play either the two or the three she has sufficient size, skill, and athleticism to play both, but I would agree her talents and skill set is likely maximized on the wing.

We have a solid class as it stands, but I hope we get back to where we were a few years ago when we were consistently landing/in the running for top-20 recruits. Didn’t seem to be the case this year. I still like the upside/potential of this class a lot. Andrews would be the icing on the cake, and Sahara Jones would be a solid addition as well.

• Like Like x 3
  11. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Ashley in Austin for her official visit (I assume)...

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  12. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Is ashlee hannan still at Texas? I was watching the big 12 womens basketball tip off and I heard joyner holmes say the only post players they have this season are her and charlie so I dont know if ashlee is still at texas just not expected to get playing time or she left anyone have an idea???

• Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  13. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Unsure. I noticed about a week ago that Ashlee was no longer appearing in pictures and practice videos posted by WBB social media but she’s still listed on the roster. I didn’t mention it here because I didn’t have any other info to offer.

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

On the roster, she is the only player without a profile photo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

GAH!

Also, ummm, Hannan is 2019. So, slight confusion initially - as you probably typed in wrong thread by accident. But yeah, troubling.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2019
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

17. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Excellent addition. She sounds Jamie Carey-esque. Texas was set to have no seniors on the roster next season. Katie Benzan provides skills and maturity to next season's team without taking a scholarship away from the 2021 freshman class.

Dec. 31, 2018, Benzan was named the ESPNW player of the week after playing a major role in Harvard's win over the Cal Bears.Harvard's Benzan is espnW's player of the week.

• Like Like x 3
  18. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  21. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

Ah well. Onward and upward. All in for Rori Harmon 2021?

22. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Sure appears they are not betting on it happening!

• Agree Agree x 2
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

It's a great move by the coaching staff, regardless if it has any relation to Sarah Andrews' upcoming recruiting decision.

As others noted, it helps fill some gaps with our senior class for 2020-21. And, Benzan will bring much needed maturity and experience to a young backcourt. Her 3-point shooting is a huge plus, as well.

Katie Benzan, Women's Basketball's Leading Scorer, Will Not Return to Team for Senior Season | Sports | The Harvard Crimson

Wellesley’s Katie Benzan courting excellence at Harvard - The Boston Globe

• Like Like x 2
  24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

If by ‘filling some gaps in the class’ means she would actually BE the 2020-2021 ‘senior’ class - I wholeheartedly agree. :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hopefully another one between now and next season to further balance things, and add more experience and maturity to the roster.

• Agree Agree x 2
  26. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I guess you always have to have a backup plan.

• Like Like x 2
  27. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

In the DFW area and interested in seeing Ashley Chevalier play in person? Probably the only chance you’ll have before she gets on campus. Hopefully I can make it.

• Like Like x 3
  28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

Sierra Canyon also plays DeSoto.....I think the day before. DeSoto is loaded for bear this year so should be an even better game than Duncanville. For sure will try and make one or both of these. It’s looking more and more like Chevalier may be the leading candidate for Sutton’s job next year......so need to start supporting her. It’s possible the Harvard transfer might be the early candidate but we should all hope Chevalier quickly takes over and is the point guard for 4 years.

• Like Like x 4
  29. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Do you know if Texas is recruiting players from duncanville or desoto?

30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Definitely DeSoto - Texas offered at least 4 of them (multiple classes) before/when they attended Texas’ camp this past summer.