2020 Senate & House

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Joe Fan, May 5, 2019.

1. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Well, yeah.

Isn't that the whole point of having a mistress or two? ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

GOP better be careful. The response is “U” shaped (I.e., voter support is a minimum at 2-3 mistresses but goes up and increases at higher numbers).

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2020
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

How many are you saying this guy had?
    I mean, are we talking Bill Clinton-level?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

SNAP POLL. Florida 13
    Dem Incumbent Charlie Crist 46%
    Rep Challenger Anna Luna 47%

• WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hillary’s last campaign slogan was “I’m With Her.”

Cal Cunningham’s slogan is “I’m With Her. And Her. And Her. And Also Her.”

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Seriously, the non-answering of that question is a ******* disgrace, and the tolerance is it is an even bigger disgrace.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

He should have said you will know my answer after election day.

• Funny Funny x 4
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 4
  11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The DMN endorsed Cornyn over Hegar noting she was “hard to pin down” (lol) on issues like fracking and court packing

Newspaper endorsements mean nothing and I rarely see the DMN, nonetheless this surprised me. Is this typical for them, or not? Seems like they are risking great scorn from the NYT and WAPO?

In the U.S. Senate election in Texas, here is our recommendation

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
  12. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

The DMN largely does the bidding of the downtown Dallas business crowd. Not surprised to see them endorse Cornyn.

13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Explain the Chronicle. Wife wants to drop sub.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

HQ for the Chron now in San Fran

• Like Like x 1
  15. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

DMN used to show right of center when lefty competitor Dallas Times Herald was in business. I once subscribed and read thoroughly. Now they are normally way left of center. Or they were they last time I checked they were left of center. So, this must just be an admission that Hegar has no chance, and here's proof that the DMN is balanced. Kind of like a congressman who votes for budget cuts when he needs to improve his standing, but the cuts have no prayer of passing.

16. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Different paper and a different agenda. Drop them. They're crap - worse at this point than the Statesman.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

The Crenshaw ad if youve never seen it

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Oprah is calling Dems in Texas for Beta's org.
    No word on whether she is giving cars to people if they will vote Dem.

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Absolutely right. The Times Herald was the liberal rag of the time in the 80s.

My wife subscribes, likes the funnies and x-word puzzles and the like. Other than that, it's untouched most days

20. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Hegar and Royce West have a feud going on. Without West' endorsement of Hegar the DMN won't do the same.

West - in a debate- got on Hegar for being a repub at one time, not voting for Obama either time....Hegar replied west was part of the problem. Career politician, millionaire..How?... That pissed off West and the feud stands

My guess is somebody pays West off to endorse her before the election (maybe he won't blow THIS million at a local gambling joint). Won't matter, her commercial is a joke

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

At least she can no longer give their underaged daughters to Harvey Weinstein

• Funny Funny x 1
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

What a sordid affair.

23. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

The Houston Comic will endorse any Democrat who has the slightest, snowballs chance in hell of being elected.

If that candidate has views on energy production, gun confiscation, or 35 week abortions, then the Comic hides their views, and just talks about how personally nice and wonderful they are, unlike that meanie Republican who's just a bad meanie.

Now if the Republican is a shoo in, they will endorse them, to preserve the fake veneer of not being a leftist stooge, and so in the next election, if there is a viable candidate (not baby, those are still to be aborted), they will say "You've changed man. You used to be cool, and nice. Now you're just a meanie. Meanie!!"

I keep using the word “meanie", and that's about the extent of the average Democrat Media stated reason to vote for a Democrat and not the Republican. The R's are supposed to be meanies who want to take everything away from you, while the D's are nice, wonderful people. It's a kindergarten level view of the world, and it's very successful.

Now all this leads to some ridiculous contradictions in the Comic's endorsement history. They endorsed Cruz in 2012, as his opponent had no chance of winning. Then in 2018 when Beta boy was his opponent, they said "You're changed man. We thought you were going to be a nice person like Kay Bailey Hutchinson (anyone who thought that knows absolutely nothing about pretty anything), but now you're just a meanine. Unlike this nice, bright young leader in Beta boy who will bring us together, blah blah".

The Comic did a U-turn the same year when the endorsed Abbot, who had, I kid you not, a tax cheat with outstanding tax liens against her, as his opponent. No chance for her to win, so here comes the Comic to endorse Abbot. Now they had also endorsed the Abortion Barbie in 2014, when people though she was a viable candidate, instead of as soon to be dead as a unborn baby in a Planned Un-Parenthood waiting lobby. Abbot was no longer a meanie, even though he'd governed exactly the way he said he was going to when he ran in 2014 and didn't get their endorsement.

To get a feel for how bad the Comic is, just go to their web site. I've seen sites for flea markets that look and work better. Hornfans, running from a 386 in Dyon's basement is better than the Comic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
  24. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

DD
    Did the Chron endorse Cruz in 12? I know they did not endorse him against Dewhurst in the run off. Cruz pointed out many times they endorsed Dewhurst since he was such a go along to get along guy and Cruz was running with an agenda

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 3
    • poop poop x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Spitballing the Senate mix --
    It now looks like John James has a great shot to win Michigan
    If so and assuming we gain AL, then Rs would still hold the Sen 52-48, even if they do lose AZ, CO and ME
    Could turn out to be even better, of course

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  27. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I always found it ironic that many voters and newspapers were willing to back Cruz in '12 but then jump on board with Beta because he talked about working together to get things done, not being overly partisan, etc. What was weird is that Beta's political record had very little evidence of actually working with the other side to get things done.

The guy they didn't support in '12 (Paul Sadler) was everything Beta claimed to be, only for real. He spent several years in the Texas House and carried some of the most important legislation of the '90s and brokered compromises with Republicans to get all sorts of big things done. But he wasn't a big grandstander, didn't ride a skateboard, wasn't in a failed punk band, and didn't pretend to be Mexican (ethnically or culturally). That should tell how shallow these people actually are and what the Beta appeal actually was. It wasn't a quarter of an inch deep.

28. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

I see Beta will teach at Texas State spring 2021. :rolleyes1:

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I wonder if Gary Peters will regret refusing to debate John James?
    James says ""He's not proud of his record. He's an ineffective career politician, who is benefitting on the backs of taxpayers"

30. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

James is a great candidate, and would be a shoo in if he was a Democrat in a toss up state. I donated to his campaign, and hope he wins.

Home - John James for U.S. Senate

• Like Like x 5
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2020