2021 Coaching Carousel

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by brnkj, Mar 4, 2021.

1. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Glad to see this. Great fit and best wishes!

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Karen will do great at UTSA. It’s a very good school with a beautiful campus and in a very cool city. She can easily attract the right kids to her program. We know she knows how to recruit. Good Luck Coach Aston!

• Like Like x 3
  3. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

A little shocked, not because she got a job but because I always expected her to return to the P5 ranks. While our fan base soured on her at the end of her tenure, there are quite a few schools who would be more than happy with what she was able to accomplish here

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

6. utfannforlife

• Like Like x 1
  7. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

She's definitely a really good coach.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  8. utfannforlife

Well today is a day I dreaded for two weeks now, the end of our season......

Not just because I never want us to lose, but more importantly it means that schools will come calling Johnnie and DJD. Particularly worried about that rival up north

• Agree Agree x 6
  9. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Rumor has it that Rice head coach Tina Langley is in prime position to be the next Auburn head coach. Another interesting layout to this is that Langley’s first move would be to hire former Tigers great and current Eastern Kentucky head coach Samantha Williams as an associate head coach, multiple sources tell The Ball Out.

Source:
    theballout.com

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
  10. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Oregon assistant Mark Campbell interviewed for the Washington vacancy last week. However, the Huskies have informed him that he is no longer in the running, sources tell The Ball Out. Stanford Associate head coach Kate Paye interviewed for a second time with the Huskies.

Source:
    theballout.com

11. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I’m starting to think coach Harris stays. The only attractive school out there is OU.

13. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

And why wouldn’t she take the OU job?

14. utfannforlife

Yea but that school is very attractive and worries me. I think they look to Harris and Durrett and I would expect whomever the hire to take Blair too.

15. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

I wouldn’t be surprised if it is Harris and Jackson went with her. And if that happened it might affect Moore.

16. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

I think if offered she would take it but I’m wondering if someone else has already been offered. I have a couple of sources in the industry. One is telling me OU will announce their new coach Friday. Makes me wonder if she got an interview. I guess we will see how good my sources are. Lol. The same source also told me tomorrow will be a good day on the men’s side as well. Guess we will see.

• Like Like x 2
  17. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Thank you. I hope your sources are right on both fronts.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I don't believe anything reported on April Fools Day . . . :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Good point. Haha

20. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Well, the news on the men's side held true.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. utfannforlife

Took longer than I expected for her to get back into the HC ranks, but really good for her

23. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Yep. Sources much better with Texas than the other side of the river. We will see. I think Cori Close is an under the radar candidate at OU but she seems to be a name mentioned quite frequently when it comes to candidates.

24. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Why would she leave UCLA for OU?

25. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Money. Surprisingly UCLA doesn’t pay as much as you would think.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Ok, money. Still, how much money does it take to leave a basketball school for a football school?

27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Money, prestige, cost of living. UCLA could play in the Porsche dealership at the corner of Westwood & Wilshire, and not pack the showroom.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

OU was paying Sherri Coale $1.3M while Cori Close currently earns $619k

• Like Like x 2
  29. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

.....with California taxes (ouch)!

• Agree Agree x 2
  30. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

There's been many news reports of the struggles Pac-12 has had and is having that they fired their commissioner Larry Scott. They are bleeding money out there with their long-term lease in San Francisco, and the self-owned Pac-12 network.

Oklahoma's annual revenue including their 3rd tier rights is equivalent to the SEC; whereas, Texas's with LHN's $15 mln/yr exceeds even the Big Ten schools.

Pac-12 is sinking (as is ACC) as they're being left behind by the other 3 power conferences.

I hope it's Cori Close to OU. The stronger the Big 12, the better.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2021