2021 NCAA tournament

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 14, 2021.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

No points in the quarter. Ouch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  2. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I don't care...I am still so proud of this group. No one expected them to get this far but they did it. Congrats Ladies, it was an amazing ride...Texas Fight!!

• Winner Winner x 10
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 3
  3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Incredible season in so many ways!

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Tremendous season one under Vic Schaefer! All our players and staff should hold their heads up high. Tonight didn't go our way, but SC is a very good offensive and defensive team and played great in all facets.

Future is very bright for Texas Women's Basketball! :bevo:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2021
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I'm still hoping for a grad/upperclassman transfer PG to come join the squad and provide experience and maturity at the position.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

They did well. Came up on the short end today, but I think overall it was a very good season. HOOK 'EM!

• Like Like x 4
  7. UT Horn Fan

UT Horn Fan 500+ Posts

Well, Sangre, you were right to doubt the 19 pt margin.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

That was a great season. I am so excited for next year. Lets get some shooters in here. Crossing my fingers that tomorrow we don't hear that our assistants will leave us now that the season is over.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Defense was great. Held them to 62 points which is exactly where you want them. Unfortunately South Carolina is a great defensive team and it just wasn't our night offensively. Not mad at all at this game considering many didn't have us making it past the 2nd round. Vic is one hell of a coach and with the talent coming in next year and the transfer portal this team is going to be very scary for years to come

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I'm honestly hoping for the Player from Cincinnati to join us. She is an absolute stud

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Tonight we saw how good a 3-point shooter Audrey Warren is. Hopefully, she gets to move more to the perimeter next season and not have to expend so much energy guarding bigger players in the paint; that can help the team in so many ways.

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I can't stop thinking about TCU's senior PG Lauren Heard; of course, that tidbit only came from one poster (flash?) that she might heading out of Fort Worth. She is a tough, strong, physical, mature, experienced scoring PG who I would take above any other PG out there if she were interested in playing her final season at Texas.

13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Wish our players and staff would have figured out during the game that our smaller guards were having a very tough time going inside for any uncontested shots due to SC's length. Still, that wouldn't have been enough as SC was on point tonight.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

And, while it doesn't count as a moral victory, #6 Southern Cal is losing by around 20 points to #1 Gonzaga in the men's Elite 8 with about 2 minutes remaining. And, USC has an NBA first rounder on the court. So, these types of scoring margins happen on the men's side, too.

15. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Great season! Nobody expected this in the first year of the rebuild. Now the work begins for the future. Don't be surprised if you barely recognize our team next year. Again, great season... I have enjoyed the hell out of it!:hookem:

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  16. old65horn

old65horn 1,000+ Posts

Great run!
    Thank you CDC for a great coaching hire.

General observation from watching a lot of the tournament, referees of women’s hoops are terrible and extremely inconsistent.
    Not in this game as much as the entire tournament.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. JoeDallas

JoeDallas 1,000+ Posts

Our shooting just wasn't there tonight. Partly explained by their defense, but not completely. No one's shots would fall. Most were short, probably due to fatigue. Charli had a bad night unfortunately. Everybody else did, too. It seemed like only Warren could get some to go. They must have been playing Jo very tight, for her to get so few looks and makes. It's been a fun run and I'm really looking forward to next year. We have learned that we can play very well without Charli.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Lambert has the option to return...and Chevalier will only get better...our season doesn't have to depend on the 2 frosh...

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

But we couldn't get open for 3s or even mid-range jumpers. Our tired legs didn't help (as evidenced by so many front rim clanks).

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I thought we had some 3-pointers that our players passed up, especially Joanne; unfortunately, she played tentative offensively tonight after her inside shots weren't falling.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Kyra participated in Senior night and indicated she won't be returning; but, she could always change her mind.

22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

And, while it was about playing without Charli some times this season when she was on the bench and only one healthy backup post player, next year there will be other post options coming off the bench (healthy Coleman and Gaston, and any new signees/transfers).

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

I don't believe the covid year pertains to senior grad transfers. Could be wrong ( probably am lol) but in amy event , have seen in several interviews and stories that she is done after this year.

24. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Man, Gaston is so athletic and I sure hope she is able to get healthy by next season. If she were able to finish this season, IMO, she might have been in the running for Freshman of The Year in the Big 12.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The extra year applies to every single player.

26. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

I have not been this excited for a WBB offseason in a LONG TIME!!

Not only am I expecting for us to get better with the incoming frosh class, I am also expecting us to get 2-4 kids from the portal. We could remake our roster overnight and give Vic what he really needs and thats QUALITY DEPTH. Because it is clear that he wont change his style, so the roster will have to change to meet his demands.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 4
  27. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I wish she would.

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

Vic is a class act. That thank you at the end of the press conference was great. I am so glad he is representing the University of Texas.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  29. WBBFAN19

WBBFAN19 25+ Posts

Great ending to a season and then you have jackass posts like this.... how do you post a picture? Trying to

• Funny Funny x 1
  30. kurupt

kurupt 1,000+ Posts

Great season. Hopefully they continue to grow and get better as a team. There’s a lot of unknowns right now that will be answered in the coming days/weeks.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1