2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

247 has a story out about players they like better than the industry composite

Jordan Thomas, WDE, 57 spots higher
    Texas kept Port Arthur Memorial's Jordon Thomas in state with a May commitment. He is the No. 164 prospect (No. 12 weak side defensive end) in the 247Sports rankings, and is No. 221 (No. 15 WDE) in the Composite.

Scouting report from Thomas' 247Sports profile: Possesses good height and plus frame with an athletic build. Should own requisite frame space to continue to bulk up moving forward. Current size and growth potential suggest strong-side end or possible move to even-front interior role. Could also fit three-man schemes in multiple spots, depending on physical development. Shows good strength in the phone booth. Capable of packing a jarring punch at first contact. Drives blockers into backfield vs. the run and as bull-rusher. Missed junior season with an ankle injury. Quite raw from a technical standpoint. Can improve get-off consistency. Must expand pass-rushing arsenal. Sometimes stands up at the snap. High-major defensive line prospect with potential position and scheme versatility who could become multi-year starter with long-term NFL Draft ceiling.

3. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Interview with Charles Wright

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

5. BurntOrangeLH

I want to see Regis in Burnt Orange, regardless. Iwunnah is intriguing and Abiara is not just chopped liver. Turner is the prize left, no doubt.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is the latest Regis from IT

DL Albert Regis, La Porte. (2021) Texas and Albert Regis continue to be a positive. Regis knows he’s coveted by the Longhorns, and the Texas staff is remaining in contact with the correct people. Regis has repeatedly informed people close to him that he doesn’t want to rush a decision the second time around, but as more spots fill, his hand may be forced if he wants a spot at a certain school or two. There is a chance Texas could take two more DTs in the class, as well. Regis and a prospect to be named later.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Jack Leyrer supposed to be on campus today. Former teammates Paxton Anderson and Prince Dorbah are at Texas. He says they are on him. They get to act as guides eventhough no coach meetings are allowed

• Like Like x 3
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  8. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

TFB still says LJ Johnson should be committing within the next week or so
    And they still like Texas

• Like Like x 7
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 1
  10. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I hear Regis is a pretty mobile guy who plays multiple positions if I remember correctly. Though his main position would be DT I would like to see him at try fullback. I don't think we have too many plays that call for a fullback but can you imagine with Regis leading a play off tackle and Rochon with the ball behind him. Regis would bury somebody and you know Rochon runs hard. That's good for a two yard touchdown.:yikes:
    I wonder if we could sell him on that.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2020
  11. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Imagine we have a 6'6" WR with 37" vertical. It would be great to put him in the middle to try to block placekicks. Think that would work? Obviously it isn't in the Mensa binder just like a fade to same WR when he's covered by a 5'9" corner isn't in there.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. BurntOrangeLH

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Now there is an unfavorable rumor about this floating around

• WTF? WTF? x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  14. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

What is the rumor?

15. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

Would have been better if he'd been holding the duffel bag of dope.

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That something changed. Just a rumor, so far.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  17. RainH2burntO

RainH2burntO 2,500+ Posts

Does it involve cash payouts??

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

That is one rumor

• Hot Hot x 1
  19. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

But isn't that allowed now? With the players being able to be paid to endorse products, is there any rule that says School X can't line up a paid endorsement if they sign?

• Like Like x 2
  20. RainH2burntO

If there is any truth to it, let's hope Omeire has been guiding him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. RainH2burntO

FWIW...Brainiacs still saying they like our position...as best I can tell

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Us and 3 teams with bag men?

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  23. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Small bills, do not deposit or flash. Remember cash in safe deposit box is not insured.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Always a chance it can backfire on you
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  25. RainH2burntO

Or always a chance you may not get caught and you can win 4th place in your division of your conference

26. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

We can offer NIL benefits above board way better

• Like Like x 1
  27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Main point is that Dickerson hated Highland Park and was miserable every minute he was there. His mother didn't get a house and cushy job. Then when SMU became the first school to buy a house, he got even more pissed, but when the kid with the house quit after 5-6 weeks, he boiled.

He was the poster boy for us to recruit against SMU. If we said it, the family was skeptical but not angry. When the family heard the same story from Texas and OU, it had instant credibility since we seldom said the same thing in recruiting.

28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

He was told that he would win a Heisman if he went to Texas. He said Texas was full of s**t. To this day he holds Texas responsible for not winning the trophy.

29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Anytime I’ve ever had to be in the room with him, I just smile. He knows what I’m thinking.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  30. BurntOrangeLH

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2020