2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We did finally offer this player
    Seems pretty late in the game

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Geez, why would a highly rated recruit with a huge opportunity in front of them think that it's a good idea to go carjacking just before signing day....or any other day?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Yes offered. Most likely too late. As with Myslinski, the uncertainty of the coaching staff not helping here.

4. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Some old timers out there may remember Charles Washington. A DB from Dallas Spruce 1984. He was rated the #1 football player in the DFW area and a top 10 national player. He went on a robbery spree in Mesquite soon after signing his LOI with UT. He obviously never played for us.

• Like Like x 1
  5. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

As expected. DL Shemar Turner commits to the ags today.

6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Stop doing that

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Holy Cross vs. Texas? This is probably the worst recruiting has ever been at Texas...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. BALL IS LIFE

BALL IS LIFE 500+ Posts

Some Dallas Carter 1988 stuff

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Old school. Give it to the kids.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. everette

everette 250+ Posts

When that happened, Emfinger listed him as committed to TU; which in turn made that my last year to subscribe.

11. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

The way I remember it we initially stood by him. Assistant coach Mike Parker was in court with him. Might have been deferred adjudication. He was allowed to enroll but got in trouble again and was gone.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

We need to get this guy out of jail and sign him on early signing day. Otherwise he'll play for OU and burn us somehow.....I mean, we're a country of second chances right?

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Would not be the first time, let the kid from (Tulsa I think) retain his scholarship after getting arrested.

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hand is not who we thought he was. But he does appear to be who Auburn and Penn St fans tried to tell us he is

Anyway, Ute did start picking up more offers as his season went on -- USC, FSU, Penn St, Stanford.

15. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Welp. All who complained we left a lot of talent on the table when recruiting, due to avoiding the “hard-core thuggish types”—ya’ got your wish.

16. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Let's keep it going!

17. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'm guessing we aren't even getting him....

18. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I'm old and won't live long enough to see us break the record set by VT of having 19 players out on bond when leaving for the Orange Bowl. That is 19 individual players, not 19 indictments, because some of the players were out on multiple bonds. I can't remember, but I think one starter had THREE sexual assault charges pending.

There again, I'm not sure Herman could win BIG if he raided the Dallas and Harris County jails.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. MajesticII

MajesticII 1,000+ Posts

Texas will be Texas State kinda good by 2022 !!!!!!!!

• poop poop x 1
  20. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

good to see all the optimism!! Easy to understand though!

21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

I'm not so sure. We're battling for the same recruits so we'll see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Roach has cb'd. 3* DE. Barryn Sorrell from New Orleans to UT.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2020
  23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

TFB reported that Ark St grad transfer OL Jarret Horst has a virtual visit scheduled later this week.
    He announced this morning his intent to transfer and the UT staff reached out immediately.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

FSU has a former 4 star OL hitting the portal, let’s kick the tires there too

• Like Like x 1
  25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

What store in Austin has the best crab legs?

26. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Fiesta on 35.

27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I know the founders of Fiesta were football fans, particularly Texas football fans, but what about the people out of Mexico that bought is?

Coming from Tallahassee, do you think he'll understand he has to PAY for his groceries?

28. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

What does "pay" mean?

• Funny Funny x 1
  29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

It's been a longstanding "tradition" in Tallahassee that players could go load up at Publix and walk out. When Jimbo was there, he forgot to pay homage to the new store manager, who called police to report Jamis Winston for shop lifting multiple pounds of crab legs.

30. LazyHorn

LazyHorn 25+ Posts

Sabre, what is the status of Coach Hand and the rest of the staff. Any sacrificial lambs to the slaughter?