2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Juco CB Darrion Dunn did show up in Austin

• Like Like x 4
  3. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Any LJ sightings? Assume we would know if he was there today.

4. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

This amazes me as I thought Rambo had the possibility of being drafted (not now). Just like King had a chance until... Do these guys not know who is coaching at Miami?

• Like Like x 2
  5. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Not that it has anything to do with this, but eligibility clock starts over at a different institution of higher learning. Miami might qualify based upon the chosen definition.

6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Lots of noise on Wheaton. He has not yet signed with bama and may be a flip candidate.

• Like Like x 9
    • Hot Hot x 1
  7. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Note I wasn’t too hard on CDC for waiting to fire Herman at risk of poor recruiting class. I said that 2-3 more recruits on traditional NSD and then grad transfers over summer would likely put it at 10th rank overall in the big scheme of things. I may have underestimated. We could be top 10 after NSD.

8. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

If we get Wheaton, Robinson might find himself on 2nd team.

• poop poop x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  9. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

Have not seen Wheaton, but I guess he must be second coming of Adrian Peterson in order to make this post.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  10. 2003TexasGrad

2003TexasGrad Son of a Motherless Goat

If Wheaton is that good then stick them both in the backfield.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  11. LousianaHorn

LousianaHorn Kabong

Can you imagine Big Earl and Roosevelt Leaks in the same backfield.......Leaks at FB with Earl at TB.

• Like Like x 2
  12. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

If you do that you might as well put RJ back there which will give the QB three options ... on yeah that has already been tried. :bow:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Loved me some Rosie Leaks, he was greatness. But unfortunately hurt his knee before they got really good at fixing knees. Still managed to carve out an 8 or 9 year NFL career

• Like Like x 4
  14. Omniscient.one

Omniscient.one 500+ Posts

Wishbone

EDIT: someone beat me to it

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

From Gerry Hamilton --

L.J. Johnson should decide by end of the weekend: Cy Fair running back L.J. Johnson continues to struggle with his decision between (aggy) and Texas. Johnson has continued to have communication with members of the Texas staff, including two conversations with Sarkisian. There is a growing thought that Johnson will likely reach a decision by the end of the weekend, but this recruitment is tough to nail down as it continues to swing back-and-forth. With classes beginning January 19th at both schools, a weekend decision is almost forced upon him. (aggy) continues to be the school pushed by some very close to the talented downhill back.

That last sentence I believe refers to some redass aggy who is part of the Cy Fair staff

17. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We are still considering David Abiara. He is a one time ND with some off field issues. But he is a very good edge rusher and we are a team with a desperate need for edge rushers

The 6-foot-4, 245-pound Abiara is leaning to Washington over Oklahoma State right now with a school visit to Washington very likely in the next couple of weeks. Texas did reach out to the Mansfield Legacy staff Wednesday morning to let them know interest remains in Abiara. Should the Longhorns make him a priority, Texas would immediately become the favorite.

David Abiara, Mansfield Legacy, Strong-Side Defensive End

• Like Like x 2
  18. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

not sure what the off field issues are but I don't need choir boys, just very good edge rushers :yes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Another 2021 edge rusher still out there we are looking at is Garfield Lawrence from Tyler. Was KS but is now considering Baylor and UH. Other P5 schools are also kicking the tires (ex - offer from Boston College)

20. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

21. beijinghorn1

beijinghorn1 500+ Posts

I remember an interview from Dr. Ferdie Pacheco years ago where he was asked the secret of staying out of trouble or something similar (my memory is quite bad). Anyway he said said something like, be like Ali and keep yourself busy so you don't have time to get into trouble. I wish more kids could have someone like Dr. Ferdie Pacheco around them.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Hamilton

If LJ were to go to Texas A&M, Texas would almost certainly make a run at Camar Wheaton with Sark and Banks on staff now.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Ingram has portaled himself

24. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Sark's response, if any, will be telling. Could be he has someone of equal or better ability lined up and Ingram read the tea leaves.

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He did not have a carry in our Bowl

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Michigan only has a few more days to get Worthy enrolled (I think they start classes Tues)
    If they dont then we should have a good shot

And, if so, we could be looking at back-to-back WR classes of --

2021:
    Jaden Alexis
    Keithron Lee
    Casey Cain
    Xavier Worthy

2022:
    Armani Winfield
    Evan Stewart
    Brenen Thompson
    Caleb Burton or Jordan Hudson or Chris Marshall or who knows from Calif
    Which would be .....
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
  27. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some people (like Justin Wells for example) keep trying to compare him to Jamaal Charles, but I dont think that is a fair comp. Jamaal clocked a 10.18 100m, which would have won a silver at the 1984 Olympics. He reached 80% of top speed in his first 4 steps. Jamaal was something of a RB unicorn (another one of Mack Brown's underutilized players). But the point is Wheaton is not Jamaal Charles

But he is pretty fast and is a very good athlete. However ....... LJ Johnson is still the better running back and the better football player, so we hope for him. Should know shortly. If LJ does end up at aggy then Wheaton becomes a target.

One more factoid, it looks like Wheaton's prospective position coach at Alabama is leaving too. Charles Huff to be the HC at Marshall. He is an excellent recruiter too

Jamaal Charles: Chiefs RB Wows with Olympic Speed, Athleticism on Sport Science

• Hot Hot x 1
  28. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

RB Deondrick Glass (2019 from Katy) is in the portal and still available
    We are going to pick up someone. It will be interesting to see who Sark thinks fits his system the best
    I think its still early in the transfer game. Lots more names to pop up

2021 Football Transfer Portal

29. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Redass aggy includes all but the 2%ers.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  30. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Ingram was trying to read the tea leaves but he fumbled them and the janitor recovered them before he could see what they said.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1