2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Maybe Baton Rouge McDonald's ran out of McDonald's bags

2. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Once covid is over, need to rent an airplane to Polynesia and hand out longhorn gear.

3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

ou got Key Lawrence
    Basically a freshman again

• Hot Hot x 1
  4. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Truth is "social.". Perhaps. Stupid is a choice. Herman and Strong were each dismissed for basically the same reason. And it was not really football.

First 5hing Sarkisian had to do was endorse the compulsory participation by the players in singing TEOT. It will be odd when the band does not play. Or maybe Texas will create the KKK Band of the Southwest?

• poop poop x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Sorry truth bothers you so much. Palliatives are so much easier to accept. But like the COVID-19 pandemic, lying about it does not make it go away. Amazing so many have not learned that yet. But hey, it is just like the flu if you will just ignore the greater than WWII death rate.

It is a free country and you can believe anything you wish. Just do not expect others to be fools also unless you have facts to support your conclusions. It is difficult to understand a film by only the plot if one ignores the mise en scène.

For the non alums and those that did not have the privilege of attending UT, you can still visit the campus and walk up to the Main Building surrounding the UT tower. On the South side there is an inscription that reads, "Ye shall know the truth and the truth shall make you free."

Last edited: Jan 26, 2021
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Enjoy being "ignored"

For anyone else interested, from the FAQ

How do I ignore a user whose posts I don’t want to see?

Hover your mouse over your username in the top right navigation bar and click People You Ignore. Enter the user name(s) of those whose posts you don’t want to see.

Another way is to click on the user’s avatar — when the popup window opens with their profile info, click on the Ignore link.

If someone you ignore creates a new thread, you will not see the thread or any of its responses. You can Unignore them later if you want and you will be able to see their threads and posts again.

• Like Like x 4
  7. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

You're out of control. You are full of bitterness.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Most liberals are.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

This tweet alleged Derek Stingley Jr is not currently enrolled at LSU

The same account alleged Eli Ricks purged his social media of all LSU stuff.

Not sure what is going on there, but something

• Hot Hot x 1
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We would look at him to play DE. He is supposed to be up to 6'3, 240 now

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We offered way back in time

13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

TFB on To'o To'o (2019) --

As linebacker transfers go, Tennessee transfer Henry To’o To’o is the most coveted.

The initial thinking was that he would inevitably end up at either Alabama, where he already knows the scheme or closer to home at USC. However, that didn’t stop Sark and Texas from recruiting him. They’ve been in regular communication with To’o To’o.

Per a source close to To’o To’o, Henry is considering USC and Alabama along with Ohio State and…Texas.

I don’t yet know what kind of shot Texas has but I’m told by my source that when asked, Henry offered those four schools unprompted as the programs he is entertaining.

His 2019 page

• Like Like x 3
  14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

IT on Gray --

Gray has asked the Texas staff about the process for making the move to Austin, according to a source in Memphis. That doesn’t mean he heads to Texas. The same source said Oklahoma was the favorite as of Sunday night, so it will come down to if the Sooners want to potentially disrupt the RB room in Norman. A decision could come at any moment.

15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

IT on LJJohnson --

L.J. Johnson’s recruitment continues to puzzle both Texas and Texas A&M. Johnson has graduated from Cy-Fair. He has the ability to be on campus at Texas or Texas A&M and go through offseason workouts. Him not doing so is making both staffs a little uncomfortable.

• poop poop x 1
  16. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

It sounds like Garfield Lawrence was troubled by the size of the University of Texas

17. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

That’s what she said.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

TFB was able to confirm Sark and Texas are pursuing Tennessee transfer LB Henry To'o To'o.

They aren't sure if if UT has a legit shot, but they're on the list with Bama, Ohio State and USC.

• Like Like x 1
  19. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

LJ saga is starting to have some red flags IMO....

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Dolla, holla?

• Funny Funny x 2
  21. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

probably not a good idea to make this insinuation

22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

247 and TFB saying Texas is in this recruitment now, will likely drag on past the dead period

• Like Like x 2
  23. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I actually had similar levels of dissatisfaction (not disagreement) with dukesteer's.

24. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Oregon guy thinks we have a shot with JT Tuimoloau

Ohio State and Alabama have been the two schools standing out front for the five-star for the past few months and each is trying to eliminate the remaining contenders as signing day nears. Oregon isn’t going to go quietly though as the Ducks push to break the distance that Ohio State and Alabama are working to create.

While not in his top five, Texas is making a late entrance to the party with Steve Sarkisian coming to the Longhorns from Alabama and bringing a top notch staff with him that includes Washington’s former defensive coordinator Pete Kwiatkowski. USC also is looking to improve their standing and is hoping to make a run as well.

The one thing that can almost be assured at this point in the race for JT is that this won’t be settled early next month. In fact, I’d make the wager that we’ll see this outlast the dead period meaning that there’s the possibility that JT can make the desired visits to his finalists before making a decision.

25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Commit Alert
    ND transfer OLB Ovie Oghoufo (6'3,215) - we will put him at DE probably, maybe OLB depending on the scheme, but edge rusher either way, something we needed more of. And just like that, with 2 transfers, we are suddenly in better shape than we were

• Like Like x 1
  26. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is the film again

• Like Like x 2
  27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Big get.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  28. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Seems quick on his feet and sheds blocks pretty good. Runs good in traffic.

29. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

We identified a weakness then did what we could to shore it up
    Seems like a reasonable plan

What is next?
    Interior OL?
    Another RB?
    Another QB?
    I think we already addressed CB - or maybe not
    Sark throws primarily to WRs (over TEs and RBs), but that room seems full already, at least to me
    I am curious to see what we target next with potential transfers

30. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

TFB vs. Mike Roach

TRB
    For those of you who asked about a timeline for Evan Stewart’s announcement, I don’t have a date but I am told he has everything ready to go (you know what that means and no we weren’t involved with it).

Mike R --
    [​IMG]