2021 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, May 7, 2018.

1. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I'm sure you know there are some natural consequences to this. You seem to be ok handling it.

2. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  3. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2021 OL Hayden Conner (Katy Taylor) supposed to be in Austin today
    Meeting with academic advisors
    Plans to stay camp with us on Saturday

• Like Like x 1
  4. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Here is TFB on the most recent early offers. This is the way it is now and the genie is not going to be put back in the bottle anytime soon. At top are offers we've made just in the last week and below are three more to keep an eye on who are camping at Texas today. Herman definitely likes to make offers based on his observations at our camps. Offers cannot be extended at the camp so the following week is when things start to show up on social week --
    Getting Ahead of the Curve
    Many fans are already aware of the big pool party and recruiting event that Texas is hosting next weekend for many members of the 2020 and 2021 recruiting class. Paying attention this week and last, I noticed a healthy amount of offers going out to younger prospects, which is a different approach to what Texas has done in the past. Here is a list of prospects that have been offered in the past week and names to follow moving forward:
    2021 CB Ishmael Ibraheem, Dallas (Kimball)
    2021 S JD Coffey, Kennedale
    2021 CB Latrell McCutchin, Austin (LBJ) (Committed to Alabama)
    2021 RB LJ Johnson, Houston (Cy-Fair)
    2021 DL Marcus Burris, Texarkana (Pleasant Grove)
    2021 LB Clayton Smith, Texarkana (Texas High)
    2022 DB Christian Driver, Argyle (Liberty Christian)

Texas will also play host this weekend to these three names to watch:
    2021 RB Brandon Campbell, Pearland
    2022 S Bryce Anderson, Beaumont (Westbrook)
    2022 ATH/RB Jaydon Blue, Klein (Cain)

Open Post | Weekend, June 14th - 16th - The Football Brainiacs - UT Edition

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
  5. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Speaking of LJ Johnson (5'10,200), here is some film

• Like Like x 1
  6. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

I never said we shouldn't recruit them. What I said is if they verbal to us it's not wise to assume they won't have seond thoughts over that length of time

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. I_Dont_Exist

On the '20 thread you're talking about McClellan possibly decomiting from OU. How long has he been committed to them? And they're coming off 3 straight conference championships 2 CFP appearaances during that time.

9. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

It's okay to take a verbal with a grain of salt, I generally don't worry one way or the other. I love the direction the program is going and love seeing that all the current top talent in the state for that class is leaning our way.

What is more concerning is that that list will change about 10 times over the next 18 months. Guys who we thought were 5'star will drop to 4'star.

Guys who we thought were 3'star will rise to 5'star status. That to me is much more concerning, I love that we lead for these top guys but I want to have committed the top 5 guys in the state 18 months from not the top 5 now. I guarantee that top 5 list will look much different in February 2021 than it does right now.

10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I think this is our 4th 2021 RB offer - will likely take two
    4-star 2021 RB Brandon Campbell (5'10,190) -- I think he was at Katy Taylor now at Pearland

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Is interested in the engineering school

12. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

4-star 2021 LB Derrick Harris, Jr. (6'2.5,215) from New Caney

• Like Like x 1
  13. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Some more film on Brandon Campbell

14. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

6 offers today - that we know of

RB, Brandon Campbell, Pearland
    OL, Jaeden Roberts, Galena Park North Shore
    LB, Derrick Harris, Jr., New Caney
    CB, Billy Bowman, Denton Ryan

WR, Armani Winfield, Lewisville
    ATH, Bryce Anderson, Beaumont West Brook

• Like Like x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

I do remember what you wrote, that the commitments of Ja'Quinden Jackson, Hudson Card, Jaylen Garth, Jake Majors, Logan Parr, Jaden Hullaby and Quaydarius Davis (or anyone else) "mean next to nothing."

16. I_Dont_Exist

You recruit them because not to is foolish. They'll mean something when they sign the LOI. Until then it's promising but not a sure thing. I iimagine all of them probably will. I'll bet other schools are still recruiting every player you named. I seriously doubt the coaches have given up on Evans entirely.

Rondale Moore was a verbal to us too. And Brohm was already the coach at Purdue when he did. If verbals mean so much why are we still after McClellan? And again I'm talking primarily about 2021 and beyond. Why this bothers anyone I don't know. I havent called anyone who doesn't care for my less than 100% positive attitude naive or worse.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
  17. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I don't know. Maybe it's weird, but I just don't think anybody with that surname could possibly be a good running back at UT.

• Hot Hot x 2
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

As often seems to happen, your actions betray your words. If you dont care about recruiting and you really do believe all of this means "next to nothing," then why do you spend so much time on the recruiting forum? You know what is here -- it says so right in the thread title.

We get at least one person like this every year on the "aggy" thread -- it's the same thing. They come in demanding everyone stop posting the funny things aggy does and says, and anyone who disagrees is some type of low IQ aggy themselves. I have often wondered -- why do you guys do this? Why take time out of your day to involve yourself in something you find so uninteresting? It makes no sense. A rational actor would just move on to something he does find interesting. Your words and actions are contradictory. It's like you telling the world you hate the taste of dirt as you swallow another handful of dirt. Why do it?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Did you notice what he included in his tweet? Upper left foto

• Like Like x 3
  20. I_Dont_Exist

As I said in a previous post I can be interested in recruiting and not consider a commitment a mortal lock at the same time. How much time do you think it takes to see a thread has a new response,read it, and make a short reply? You don't have the first damn clue as to how much time I spend on this board. And I haven't been in same solar system as demanding anyone do anything. You want to believe there's virtually no chance any current commit changes their mind fine with me. By the way did you not notice where I wrote 'I imagine all of the probably will?

21. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Good eye, didn’t notice that at first

22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

But then you come here and **** on everyone's sunshine and excitement by saying current commitments mean nothing. Almost like you just want an argument. How about providing some positivity or thoughtful insight?

• Like Like x 1
  23. I_Dont_Exist

Saying there's a small chance someone might decommit is shitting on sunshine? Saying I imagine all of them probably will sign with us is being negative? You're entitled to your opinion. I disagree. Here's an idea, how about no one give a **** what I think which will reduce the number of posts.I.make.Sounds like a win-win to me.

24. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

No, saying commitments mean nothing when others are having a discussion is shitting on sunshine. You like being negative for the sake of being negative with blanket statements like that.

25. I_Dont_Exist

See my previous suggestion to not give a **** what I think and take it to heart.

26. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

We all know that verbals are non-binding and we all know that kids sometimes change their minds. That's not news. But we like to read and feel good about recruits that have an interest in us and who verbal to us. It's all part of the show while we agonizingly wait for football season. Maybe we need to get a life or maybe we have a life but let's have fun even if recruiting/verbals may be considered "trivial" which it is not.:facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  27. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

The vast majority of commitments are upheld, Vast majority, the last statistic I saw is about 95% of all early commitments sign with the team they originally commit to. It's lower for schools like TCU who are great at recruiting but tend to lose out to the big boys when they come knocking. The Academies have the highest retention rate, but they recruit a different breed of kid.

With all that said, I've stopped paying attention to poster that started this whole discussion as he seems to be looking for people to pay attention to him and he says thing just to get a rise out of us.

28. I_Dont_Exist

Someone get in touch with Austin Bill and let him know I said good for him for no longer paying attention to me. And could there be any more compelling evidence I'm starved for attention than telling everyone not to give a **** what I think? I think not!

29. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Ignore is your friend.

• Like Like x 2
  30. #2is#1

#2is#1 1,000+ Posts

JF,
    Any information on recruiting you post on here I will continue to read.
    I truly enjoy learning about these players, especially in May, and June!