2021 Recruiting - WBB

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by LutherIsMyDog, Mar 15, 2018.

1. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Some more Rori highlights on Signing Day...

• Like Like x 3
  2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

:fiestanana::fiestanana::fiestanana:

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
  3. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Only player I can think of is the 6'8 player out of Canada. Would be a huge get for us and it seems Vic has a bit of confidence that we can land her.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  7. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 6
  8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I sure liked Shaefer's wink and "we may not be done". That body language says that it is imminent that we get that big that is needed. Not sure if it the JUCO from Trinity Valley or the Canadian or someone else. It surely is a 2021 player as well. With two dynamic guards, a difference maker at wing, and a big ?, the base will be set for 2021 and beyond.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Yeah, but I think it was at the cost of:
    - Shae Routt
    + unknown extra player to be named
    To get that "extra" open scholarship, don't you think?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Jacob Johnson

Absolutely. We did have an open scholarship before Routt was gone so now that she is gone we now have two open. The question is, do we use both for 2021 to increase our class to 5 players or do we use one for 2021 and add another to the 2022 class? I can say there is a big that is committed to Texas for the 2022 class and an announcement should be made soon. I promise you all won't be dissapointed with who it is
    :e-face-shades:

11. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I think that most of us..........and for sure me.......get a little callous or insensitive when it comes to recruiting.......or playing time......or game performance......or other. I have to constantly remind myself that it is the lives of teenagers (or close) that is being talked about and impacted. I have little doubt that Routt leaving is somehow tied into the potential big being discussed. I always really liked Routt's demeanor and I sure hope that she (and any others), can find a good situation for them.

• Like Like x 2
  12. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

As soon as the smoke clears from this signing period.........and the potential big for 2022 that Jacob is teasing us with is announced........that someone would update the spreadsheet with players by year. I am long past being able to keep up with the musical chair roster routine for four years.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jacob Johnson

In no way was I trying to be insensitive to Routt. She is an amazing character and always brought alot of energy to the bench no matter the circumstances. I do hope she finds a good fit for her if she does want to continue playing basketball. This just goes to show that it will always be a business and the staff is going to do what they have to do to win.

14. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

After Kyndall’s announcement, there were 0 open scholarships. Erica’s departure opens 1 up. Should Charli leave early, that would open another (unless the additional eligibility applies to grad students as well and Kyra decides to come back).

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jacob Johnson

I don't know what Vic is doing because we offered the player out of Canada well before Shae left and I know she is not a walk on considering her top 5. So the staff is up to something scholarship wise because he intended on having 4 for the 2021 class with our current roster. Now that Shae left it opens up another scholarship that could be for another player besides the one from Canada. Whatever he is doing it's working so I won't try to figure it out or question it. As long as we get the recruits we need then I am happy. When this waiver rule passes expect alot of our players to come from the portal in the future which is fine with me

• Like Like x 2
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  18. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  19. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

That had to sting - Hardison was an OU (sux) football player. :p

• Like Like x 2
  20. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Kind of confused by the talk about a 2022 commitment; that in no way has any bearing on Shae Routt leaving the program recently as her scholarship (4 years) would have ended with the 2021-22 season (unless Texas decided to extend her scholarship an additional year due to COVID).

The Fall semester ends before Thanksgiving this year, right? So, I'm guessing it's almost time for final exams. Even though Routt participated in the team photo last month, I guess the different timing of everything with the upcoming hoops season and classes ending soon would provide her the chance to explore her options somewhere other than Texas.

• Like Like x 1
  21. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  22. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Only one 2021 high school recruit remains uncommitted; 6'4 Jillian Hollingshead out of Georgia will be announcing her choice on November 14th. Supposedly, she's down to UCLA and Georgia. Have never seen her associated to Texas, but Vic and staff did sign Jessika Carter out of Georgia a couple of years ago; so, they did recruit that area.

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020
  23. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

24. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Let me know if I'm missing something:

upload_2020-11-12_8-30-18.png

• Like Like x 3
  25. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

Correct.

• Like Like x 2
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  27. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  28. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  29. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Rori made the list too but she played for CF Premier.

• Like Like x 2
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Her energy and enthusiasm is infectious.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2020