2021 Transfer Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Moooooo, Mar 15, 2020.

1. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not to jinx things, but if Kamilla does transfer to Texas, what dominoes could you see falling after that?

We'd have at least one and possibly two scholarships remaining. I'd still like to bring in an experienced point guard (perhaps a senior with one year of eligibility remaining) in order to help groom Rori and Ashley a bit; of course, they need to be talented enough to win the starting job, IMO.

And, we still need someone to help fill Celeste's void. Maybe that would be Aaliyah Moore; but, she's coming off an injury. So, getting a perimeter player with size and scoring ability would be my preference.

2. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I don’t think Aaliyah, even when healthy, could defend an above average guard on the perimeter. I always considered Celeste a hybrid 2/3 while Aaliyah seems like a hybrid 3/4. Outside of a transfer, the closest player/signee/commit to Celeste is probably Jordana Codio. Off the top of my head there is a player that meets all of your criteria but currently she’s on Miss State’s roster. :e-thinking:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, I think Aaliyah is best suited to be a power forward.

Jordana Codio is class of 2022; so, she can't help us this coming season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2021
  4. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I thought the Mississippi State transfer was the Celeste replacement. A little smaller but same intensity. Forget her name.

5. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I can't take anymore. I'm trying not to get my hopes up but they are going up more and more everytime you bring some "stalker news" please keep it coming!

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  6. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Aliyah Matharu - 2 Aliyah/Aaliyah’s - that’s not going to cause any confusion. Based on the Miss State roster, Aliyah (5-7) is 4-5 inches shorter than Celeste so she seems to be less likely to be matched up against larger guards or small forwards.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jacob Johnson

Matharu for sure has that fight in her but defensive wise, I think Celeste is better. Matharu has not even scratched the surface potential wise and imo she was not used correctly under the new staff at mississippi state. Her style of play is Vic's system and she makes others around her better as well. Between Matharu, Joanne, Rori, Chevalier and Kyndall that full court pressure will lead to many fast break opportunities

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

The more I look at the roster, I agree with ya’ll....we need a big guard that defensively can match up with the bigger guards we’ll see. In the half court sets, size really matters.

9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

For those of you who looked at Caten Hyde's twitter account, did you notice that he recently started following Dylan Disu? If not familiar with him, Disu recently transferred to Texas from Vanderbilt.

I wonder who did the graphics . . . :e-thinking:

• Like Like x 5
  10. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

It’s a dangerous game drumming up this much hope and enthusiasm because if it doesn’t happen...

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Jacob Johnson

Wonder if Caten is planning on making a graphic for Cardoso soon
    :e-eyes::e-eyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  12. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

:bullseye: Your connect-the-dots skills are masterful. Now, can you solve the assistant coaching hire(s)?

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Thanks.

Trying to figure out who Coach Vic will hire to replace Johnnie Harris has proven very difficult. Early on, it seemed like some twitter followings/follows of Bill Annan and Katie Faulkner might have some legs; but, that was several weeks ago, and Katie Faulkner accepted a job at Washington.

Speaking of Washington, Tina Langley moved very quickly in assembling her coaching staff. Same for Johnnie Harris. But, Vic has had more time than each, and hasn't filled his vacancy. Keep trying to figure out what is taking so long; thought perhaps he might be hiring someone from the JUCO ranks, and was waiting for their playoffs to come to an end (this past weekend); but, that doesn't appear to be the case.

And, now that Coach Elena has removed her UT coaching title status on both her twitter and IG accounts, all signs point to her moving on, and creating a second vacancy.

At the moment, the only assistant coaches I could see Vic "waiting for" would be Baylor's Sytia Messer and Bill Brock. I know I'm reaching, but maybe he knew (or was told through the grapevine) what was going down at Baylor with Mulkey, and these experienced assistant coaches would possibly be in the job market.

Now, if Kamilla Cardoso really is transferring to Texas, one would think she's been made aware of the upcoming coaching staff additions. If so, I'd say that's good enough for me (even not knowing names) if she's comfortable enough to come on board, especially with who will be her position coach.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  14. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

We will have that player (tall guard) in Kobe. Vic would not have signed her if he didn't think he could mold her into his system. Vic will teach the how to if Kobe has the want to.

Frankly, Kobe has no choice but to up her defensive game to flourish on this team. I think she can and I think she thinks she can.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  15. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  16. utfannforlife

utfannforlife 1,000+ Posts

Kamilla signed with South Carolina. Interesting choice seeing as Boston has at least 2 maybe even 3 years of eligibility remaining

• Agree Agree x 2
    • WTF? WTF? x 2
  17. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Oh well...... Just glad the wait is over. I trust Vic and staff and we’ll just wait and see I guess.....

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 512HornsUp

512HornsUp 100+ Posts

Well f**k.....we seriously need some good news...and soon!

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  19. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

20. jusme828

jusme828 2,500+ Posts

Dang! Amihere seemed to be coming along great for SC too. Does this push her out of the rotation now?

21. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

There goes all the social media clues!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

I'm unfamiliar with Amihere's progress, but her shooting percentage seems mediocre. Even her FT% needs work.

23. WBB_Fanatic

WBB_Fanatic < 25 Posts

Dang it! This sucks. Big time! There's other fanbases assuming that players will transfer from SC, but I don't think it'll happen. They have so much versatility to play any player at just about any position.

Let's move on and pray that we can land Nancy Mulkey.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Ugh! Did not see that coming.

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Well, at least Mulkey didn't lure her to LSU. South Carolina will be very tough to beat in the SEC the next several years.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I already predicted, just before finding out this news about Cordoso, that there will probably be some transfers out of SC within the next couple of years. They already have signed the #2, #3, #4, and #14 ranked players in the 2021 class. Add Cordoso to that along with what is already there dominated by their super sophomore class... there won't be enough shots or minutes to keep everyone happy.

• Agree Agree x 4
  27. WBB_Fanatic

WBB_Fanatic < 25 Posts

And now that I'm thinking about it... We just need to make sure Vic hires some assistances. Not having coach for the post didn't help. That's like having a car without any gas.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  28. Jacob Johnson

My goodness, Kardoso and Boston together will be very tough to stop

• Agree Agree x 2
  29. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Yes! But I wonder how they'll defend as as most PFs are stretch players nowadays.

• Agree Agree x 1
  30. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts