2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  2. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

That’s “some” Christmas present. Will that be the best non-conference home game?

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

Surely not.

4. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Nice find. Too bad the athletic dept. doesn't do this for us. Especially if they want people to buy season tix. Looks like there is only room for 2 - 3 more non-conf. games:

11/14: @ UCONN
    11/19, 20 & 21: Battle 4 Atlantis, Bahamas (3 games guaranteed)
    12/2: USF @ Austin
    12/18: USC @ Dallas, 2:30 p.m.
    12/21: HBU @ Austin
    12/28: A&M Commerce @ Austin

We need a warm-up game the week before UCONN, a solid home game on the weekend of 12/11, and then one more cupcake somewhere.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Princeton will be in Austin at some point - the game at their place was a few days before Christmas last season so I was thinking that might be the case again (HBU took that spot). Princeton is #24 in ESPN's "Too Early" rankings so they might very well be the only ranked non-conference home opponent - if they're still ranked when they play the Longhorns. :mad:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Stanford has openings at the moment on their partially published scheduled for both those dates.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Sonya is going to be an all American for Texas this year! Love this drill. On a made basket transition into the press immediately! Amazing energy!

• Like Like x 6
  8. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I’m really looking forward to Morris and seeing where she fits in. Looks like she has some skills we’ll like. I love that drill and concept. A lot of players like to admire their just made basket and float back to the defensive end. This drill teaches immediate offense to defense….no transition allowed. It sure makes it tough to inbound the basket in five seconds.

• Like Like x 1
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  10. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

South Carolina looking for a new opponent for their home opener.

• Like Like x 2
    • poop poop x 1
  11. NBhornfan

NBhornfan 250+ Posts

Seems short sited, this has Jusse Smollett wrote all over it. Hope the Horns can get the game though.

• Dislike x 3
    • Disagree x 3
    • poop x 3
    • Agree x 2
    • Winner x 2
  12. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

I wonder what Staley and Schaefer think about playing each other? Early.

• Like Like x 1
  13. LutherIsMyDog

LutherIsMyDog 1,000+ Posts

I’m not sure if Blaire’s Tweet is related to recruiting, new coaches or some other matter so I’ll post it in this thread.

I’m intrigued by the possibilities….

• Like Like x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

• poop poop x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

BYU DID IN FACT BAN a fan so NOT a HOAX. Butt what else should we expect from the Washington Examiner? Please continue with your baseless senseless drivel. Racism always reveals itself, most of the time through the ignorance of those who deny and defend it. No surprises here….

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  16. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Well, Vic was in College Station (on Friday?) to honor Gary Blair:

• Like Like x 6
  17. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

And, I'm assuming Sydney Carter was also in Aggie "land" yesterday.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Yep, banned before they even reviewed the incident, just based on the words of a race baiter. Racism and race baiters rule.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Bobcat

Bobcat 500+ Posts

Like I said….. “You just can’t keep the pigs away from the trough” - Agnes Moorehead

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

There is nothing to review and it wasn’t a “hoax”. Based on social media and people who know the individual who was banned it’s not their first time doing things like that at sporting events it’s just their first time being caught.

I don’t want to turn this into one of those threads about race and a bunch of arguing but please take the ignorance elsewhere.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  21. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

You know... you expect to see ignorance and bigotry reveal itself on fan sites associated with the likes of teams like Baylor, Texas Tech, OU, and even A&M. But it's really disappointing to see it on your own site. Can we stick to the sports?

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  22. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

During halftime of the UT-ULMonroe game teams of UT champions were recognized on the field. Those that were Big 12 as well as national champions. Volleyball was mentioned, but they are in Palo Alto for a game against Stanford today (Sunday). However, WBB was not there. Curious, where was WBB?

• Like Like x 1
  23. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

That IS odd... Perhaps they were only recognizing regular season champs?

24. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Unlike the race baiters here, I usually respect your posts, but not only is your post against posting policy here, but I've been to enough VB matches to know some serious heckling can take place. Done some myself, especially against ou. But it's also not surprising a race baiter would turn heckling into a race issue.

And just like the race baiters, the media and brain dead university admin, now they admit they jumped the gun. And npr certainly is no racist media source.

BYU says it has no proof that the fan banned over racist slurs said them

And a bunch of racists posting on social media is only proof of the lies the race baiters promote.

• poop poop x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

I’m not going to entertain the conversation anymore because not only is it volleyball content in a basketball thread but I’m not bringing politics into this thread and entertaining non sense.

so we can all just go back to basketball related content. Basketball season isn’t far away so let’s just keep the thread positive and bring good energy heading into the upcoming season!:hookem:

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

So, nobody has figured out who the "really special guests" Blair referred to on Friday night were?

27. Texashorns2022

Texashorns2022 100+ Posts

Idk where to put this

• Like Like x 4
  28. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

She's a recruit from Iowa in the class of 2026.

• Like Like x 4
  29. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

I first thought it was weird that she's borrowing Shay's jersey for the photo shoot? Until I realized 10 is her number.

• Like Like x 1
  30. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

2 Things:
    • Did not know Aaliyah has asthma.
    • Love Rori more every time she makes an appearance on or off the court.

• Like Like x 7