2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Shots fired!

• Like Like x 3
  2. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Makes me wonder if maybe Vic has caught wind of some negative recruiting towards us by KM.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

Okay, let's be honest here. Look at their schedule:
    Women's Basketball
    And then look at Texas. Yes, we played in the Atlantis tournament, but we are also playing a common opponent in Houston Christian which I have never heard of until today. Let's not get holier-than-thou just because we despise the Sea Witch.

4. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

HBU just changed to HCU. The men's teams already played.

• Like Like x 1
  5. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

LSU has not played a reputable team yet, let alone a ranked one. That's why they're no higher in the rankings than they are in spite of being undefeated. UConn, Marquette, Louisville, and USF are all teams that are perrennially found amongst the rankings from time to time. Rutgers is down this year but that's another significant name in WBB.

• Agree Agree x 5
  6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Current SOS Rankings

Texas #51
    LSU #206

I’d venture a guess Vic would like Texas to have a higher one if he could find opponents willing to come to Austin

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

He'll get it next season when the #1 ranked team comes to Austin during non-conference (UCONN will have Bueckers and Fudd back and Aaliyah Boston will be gone from S Carolina).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I think we're also scheduled for that return game at Arizona next season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  10. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Merry Christmas to those who celebrate longhorn family! I hope everyone has a wonderful day and enjoys this time with their loved ones:hookem:

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

So our non-conference season finally comes to an end, 9-4. Pretty rough offseason and not the way we thought it would go, but everything is still in play. 18 conference games ahead of us now (+B12 tourney). Really looking forward to seeing how we'll stack up. We're currently not ranked and charlie-boy now has us projected as an 11 seed. So that will be our point of reference to see how things might progress. Our first 3 games in week one are against unranked teams, while the ranked B12 teams have at lease one game each against each other.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Yep, now is the time to see who really is who in our conference and let the cream rise to the top! I get the feeling several schools are gonna be disappointed.:hookem:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Let’s hope our disappointments this season are already passed us and the best is yet to come

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  14. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

KSTate is 11-2 with wins over Wisconsin and Iowa. Loss to Arkansas. It should be a good competitive game. Not sure about odds but just gut feeling is Horns should win in Austin by 5-10. But who really knows.

15. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I think Andrea Lloyd was discussing this game during last night's telecast. If I heard her correctly, she said KSt is lacking in size and basically playing with a bunch of guards. I'm sure Vic will go with the same lineup we've been playing, mixing three athletic guards who can score with Hadi and Deyona.

• Like Like x 2
  16. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

They start 4 guards. And a couple of their immediate subs are guards. And they all can shoot. We may see Jack playing guard more this game.
    We can't keep keep our 3 guards on the floor for 40 minutes.
    Our help defense better be on the ball 100% or we're in trouble.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2022
  17. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

In Creme's recent article about Top 25 transfers making an impact on the season, (which seems to be based solely on points and scoring average) he had this to say: "Neither Sonya Morris (No. 19 previously) nor Shaylee Gonzalez (No. 25) have played well enough to even be considered this time around." But he leaves folks like Scalia on the list and doesn't even consider the dynamics of teams or that Texas has balanced scoring...6 players in double digits. He just writes off two players as if they're not contributing. Just goes to show you how biased his is and why I don't like much of what he says.:mad:

• Agree Agree x 3
  18. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Creme is a complete dipsh#t! Both Shaylee and Sonya decided to sacrifice personal stats to play on a contender. The decrease in ppg was totally expected, but Charlie's too stupid to get any of that.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

He's a friggin idiot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I don't understand why anybody reads anything he puts in print.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  22. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

So, no brace? What's her prognosis? Will she be ready for 23-24 season?

23. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

This is funny. Leave it to aggy to think a team that’s played 14 games could be 5-7.

• Funny Funny x 5
  24. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

There are three 4-loss teams in top 25. Horns not one of em. With the improvement we’ve seen and Jones on the horizon, bet no one is looking forward to playing Horns. TCU will be next to feel those sentiments.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Sangre Naranjada

8-1 since Rori returned? That's good momentum, and good reason for pollsters who pay any attention at all to have us ranked again despite the 4 losses.

I wouldn't advocate top 10 or anything, but any fool leaving us out of the top 25 is just that: an uninformed fool.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  26. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Our upcoming schedule is about to tell everyone a lot about us. The next two games this week will hopefully not be too difficult (on the road at TCU and Okie St). But then, we start a three-week buzzsaw in which we'll play 4 ranked teams plus have to travel to that filthy cesspool known as lubbock for an encounter with the medusa-like Krista monster and her band of merry malcontents. At least all of those are home games except tech and bailer. This is a good time to get out to all the home games folks. Our team needs us.

Tue, Jan 10 vs [​IMG]21 Kansas
    7:00 PM -[​IMG]
    Sun, Jan 15 vs [​IMG]11 Iowa State
    4:00 PM [​IMG]

Wed, Jan 18 @ [​IMG]Texas Tech
    7:00 PM BIG12|ESPN+

Sun, Jan 22 @ [​IMG] 23 Baylor
    4:00 PM [​IMG]

Wed, Jan 25 vs [​IMG]17 Oklahoma
    7:00 PM [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  28. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

Hey, we're up to #9 seed in bracketology. Good on us!

29. Sangre Naranjada

A #9 seed? Or THE #9 seed?

30. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Creme says Texas is a bubble team with little margin of error to get into the tournament so no, not #9 overall. A #9 seed