2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Rori averaging 16 pts, 11 asst, 8 boards over last 3 games.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

If anyone attends the WBB luncheon today, would love an update on what Vic has to say.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

:fire::fire::fire::bow::yippee::bounce1::bow:

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I'm not too knowledgeable about this game. Is that good?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Seems like it sucks!

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Watching Kentucky vs Georgia. Audrey Warren for Ga doing Audrey Warren things. 5 points 3 assists 3 rebounds. Has taken a couple of charges , has hit the floor on 3 other occasions and just being a general pest defensively.

Not sure how or where she would have fit here but sure miss her.
    Her and JAT were the heart and soul of this team.

Rori has assumed the mantle by default. She's growing into that role but she needs help.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

At this point in the season what Creme says is pointless. Later on in the season, what Creme says is pointless.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  8. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

I miss JAT.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Jacob Johnson

Jacob Johnson 2,500+ Posts

Anyone heard anything about Jones? I don’t know the extent of her injury but I don’t know why she was lifted as day to day and it’s been more than a month. Don’t get me wrong I don’t want to rush her back but I hope she does return at some point this season. Hopefully sooner rather than later.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Vic said in the TCU postgame press conference he’s hoping to have her back in 1-2 weeks.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Amazingly, we still have a top-15 net rating. So I guess I'll say it again - "but we can't afford to lose anymore games." Would really like to crawl out of the hole we've dug for ourselves and get back to the point where we could at least host the first round in the Moody.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

As much as I'd like us to host, and I beleive we will, I think Coach wants the team to be on an up-swing going into tourney. It's a long season and we are not half way yet. This is a different type team than we've had the first 2 seasons with Coach. I know we are young on the perimeter, but I thought going into season we wanted to be longer and more athletic on the perimeter too. Now I think we just need to get everyone comfortable in their roles. The 2 freshmen will only get better...just wait and see. Hookem!

13. hoopsalot

hoopsalot 500+ Posts

We are barely into conference play and the team already have 5 losses, all to unranked teams. The team has zero signature wins. The best win is what...USC, currently 0-3 (edit: 1-3) in the Pac 12? Princeton with a NET of 57? What have you seen that makes you think the team can beat the best offensive teams in the Big 12? Maybe Coach Schaeffer wanted to get longer and athletic on the perimeter, but he did not this year. Codio is out for the season. Ndjakalenga has lots of promise but is not yet a reliable contributor at the Big 12 level.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  14. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

Well, I'll say this... after Saturday's loss at OSU we can get off the whole excuse about having all these new players on the roster, etc. That FIRST-YEAR coach handed us our @sses with 9 new players on her roster. It's time to stop making excuses, step up, and play like the team we are capable of being.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. loyallonghorn

loyallonghorn 500+ Posts

My only hope now is Vic's track record in post season play where things come together at the end of the season - and that's it.

16. Bucksgal

Bucksgal 500+ Posts

We have to get to post season play first. Except for our net ranking, our record is not better than dozens and dozens of other teams.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. UrsusArctos

UrsusArctos 100+ Posts

Well, this team as constructed is flawed, too short on quick guards, and we lost our main power forward for the year. That being said we can still do damage and we did win 8 in a row before the last lost, which was only by four. Three of our 5 losses were without Rori and no one is harboring any illusions about her importance to the team. We have seen Hadi and Shaylee both get better and our point guard is almost posting triple doubles every game now. We should be getting Jones back soon which adds a very good scorer on the inside and a great shot blocker which should help our exterior defense as well. I always feel like the sky is falling after a loss but we are not dead yet. We are about to play the #23 and #15 team in the nation in our house and Iowa state has lost an important player for the year. We win the next two at home and I feel like we are back on track with 2 signature wins. Let’s go get a win tomorrow and get better every game. :hookem:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  18. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

We will win either the conference or the tournament or both and then a national championship and if I am wrong I will leave this board in April and not return until next December. That’s my story and I am sticking to it.

Live the dream! :hookem:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  19. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

I haven't been keeping up with things. Has there been a recent update on Kyndall Hunter? I've thought all along that she wouldn't return this season, and now that conference play is underway, I guess that's the only obvious conclusion. Anyone with access to the UT Student Directory able to see if she's enrolled for this semester?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
  20. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Looks like the loss on the road at OKSt wasn't necessarily the bad loss we thought it was. Cowgirls just beat Bailer by 5 in Waco. Big12 gonna be a little wild this year. We're now tied for 1st in conference with Bailer, IowaSt, and oU.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

It's a dog eat dog year. It's very conceivable that we crown a 3-4 loss regular season champion.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

If Sonia and Shaylee are truly bought in, Deyona stays out of foul trouble, Taylor stays healthy and Rori doesn't keel over from exhaustion, it could well be that the Big 12 champ ends up with only 1 conference loss. We'll see!

• Like Like x 1
  23. brnkj

brnkj 2,500+ Posts

With Baylor, Iowa State, and OU losing we've been given a new window of opportunity. It's time for us to smell blood and get down to handling business!

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  24. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I ordered my tickets to the conference tournament today

• Like Like x 3
  25. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  26. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Awesome story! She doesn't play much, but she's definitely a big contributor on the team. Go Anissa!

• Like Like x 3
  27. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Anissa told her story about how she made the team at the women's basketball dinner before the season. When she spoke about her grandmother there wasn't a dry eye in the house!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  28. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 2
  29. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Next stop Lubbock and y’all know, and Vic knows, and the team BETTER know Tceh ain’t gonna roll over cuz this is their national championship game or as I like to say, their Bitter & Petty Bowl. They have two road wins over KSU and TCU and have built some confidence I’m sure. I want to DRUB them and Coach SandWitch!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  30. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Only 5 games into conference play and no undefeated teams with Texas and Oklahoma tied for first place at 4-1 and four teams at 3-2 right now. Looks to be an interesting conference race

• Agree Agree x 7