2022-2023 Season

Discussion in 'Women’s Basketball' started by Zig72, Mar 28, 2022.

1. chuckhorn

chuckhorn 25+ Posts

I bet Tara is like MAN NOT AGAIN!

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Hot Hot x 1
  2. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

PS

No other Big 12 teams in the Top 16 reveal. Not much room for Texas to stumble in the remaining conference schedule it appears

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  4. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

I mentioned in the game thread that she was in the stands last night, only pics posted were of her and Chevalier.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Is there a reason why you think their names have to be kept a secret? They all signed their LOI's in November, so if Vic can mention them by name, so can you! :p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Yes, their last season. That means Shaylee and Taylor returning for their super senior seasons!

• Like Like x 3
  7. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Jones is actually listed as a Junior

• Like Like x 2
  8. Zig72

Zig72 500+ Posts

So is Femme...that's the surprising thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Not sure if Femme is still injured, but I've been saying for months that I just didn't see her remaining at Texas another season (assuming she graduates in May); scholarships are valuable.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

Hard to figure out the logic of our roster classification listings. But, she was at OSU for 3 years, and this is her fourth year in college. No medical redshirt season that I recall. Perhaps she's already given Vic her word that she would stay for her super senior season.

11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

The one that lays like a guard has to be Madison. The one running track would have to be Abbie since Gisella is under 6'. And that makes sense as getting up and down the court will probably be Abbie's biggest issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

At the luncheon, Vic was talking about recruits who hadn't yet signed. He said several times that names couldn't be mentioned. He did mention Maul by name, as the one who came to UT to rehab.

13. Moooooo

Moooooo 5,000+ Posts

The 2023 recruits (Maul, Booker, and Boutilier) signed in November. The only names he can't mention are of unsigned recruits (from any class) or transfers.

• Like Like x 1
  14. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Don’t we have a 6’9” coming?

15. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Yes, that would be Boutilier, the one who needs track workouts, etc.

• Like Like x 1
  16. STHAustin

STHAustin 250+ Posts

Yes, he did mention Booker & Boutilier by name.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

Great stuff in this presser, including Vic figuring out that the league office sucks and has it out for us (we don't get a bye week until almost the end of the season!). Some bonus Shaylee content too:

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
  18. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Regarding Vic discussing Texas Exes coming back for diner & a game...IMHO I think it's past time that we honor Clarissa Davis-Wrightsil by retiring her # to the rafters @ Moody. Clarissa was the backbone of the ONLY Longhorn basketball team to go undefeated & win the National Championship. She is already in the Women's HOF. She is an Olympic Gold medalist & international champion, 2 time Naismith College POY, 2 time All-American, and her list of accolades goes on. Perhaps this needs it's own thread, but it's past time to pay tribute to a true Longhorn Legend...raise #24 to the ceiling.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  19. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I
    I’d assume Jody Conradt would be a big supporter for that

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. DFW_Horn

DFW_Horn 2,500+ Posts

Uhhhh…Clarissa’s number/jersey was retired almost 3 years ago.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  21. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

My bad re: retired #, I missed the ceremony, but I haven't seen the # at the rafters.

• Like Like x 1
  22. UrsusArctos

UrsusArctos 100+ Posts

I’m trying to remember to appreciate the season while it’s going on. Takes too long to get here and goes by in a hurry. Great fun to watch the team, learn the new players and see if my expectations for the year play out. Win or lose it’s a pretty great ride, with a coach and team we can appreciate and stand behind. Also nice to have a program that is gaining momentum year by year thanks to Coach Vic. I love this team and I’m really enjoying this year while it lasts. Nice to have a community here that appreciates them as well.
    Go Horns! :bevo:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  23. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Blame it on 2020. Do any of us even remember anything about that year other than the onset of COVID? Two weeks after that number was retired the whole season retired.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Thanks for providing a reasonable excuse. Much better than admitting dementia. {<;

• Funny Funny x 7
  25. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Now THAT is an awesome attitude to bring as a fan. Well said!

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  26. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

In the 4th photo from this IG post by Rori today, we see Sonya with the team (I think they have an NIL deal with Livestong). Looks like she's in better spirits and with no crutches at least. I'd still be surprised to see her play tomorrow, but at least this is a better sign:

• Like Like x 6
  27. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Anyone know why the NCAA power rankings (#10 Texas / #32 OU) would differ from the power rankings published by ESPN (#13 Texas / #10 OU)?

28. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

The ESPN one is a product of one person Voelpel(Michele. I imagine the NCAA one is a product by a committee. For sure not an expert of factors used. Just my fair and biased perspective.

29. WCBBNUT

WCBBNUT 2,500+ Posts

Silly me. I thought there was actual math involved.

• Funny Funny x 3
  30. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Nope just the media trying to make fetch happen