2022 Fall season

Discussion in 'Volleyball' started by Jacob Johnson, May 25, 2022.

1. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

She’s wearing #5 tonight and her last name is on the jersey

• Like Like x 2
  2. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I think Zoe Fleck is one of the best Lib/DS I've ever seen. She is like a highlight waiting to happen. Makes me sad to think we only get to see her in the burnt orange one year.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Although Eggelston, O’Neal, Skinner and SKT never saw the court Texas sweeps UC Davis. This team is stacked

• Like Like x 2
  4. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

Parra, who is one of my favorite players, had a whale of a match.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

I don't understand why those 4 above, need a rest after 4 matches. Are they 85 years old? And why Fleck, the one with the most court time, and most active, doesn't need a rest.

Shoulda let them play 1 set so they don't get rusty.

6. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Any injuries to those 4 could also expose an issue of rust when someone else has to step up. Goes both ways.

It was nice to see the other players get time on the court. They work just as hard. Melania Parra led the team with 15 kills and a new career high.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

That's why I said just 1 set. Always want your best players in peak form.

8. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

Perhaps having their next match scheduled just 43 hours later will minimize the rusting process

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

They don’t need the rest but it’s nice to have a deep enough team that it is possible to give it to them. They practice every day, they are not going to get rusty.

Also I’m sure it helps the morale of the very talented players who aren’t seeing playing time who we will very much need next season and beyond.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

If you can afford it, it is also good for top players to watch and observe. They have the talent, but do they have the awareness? Lots of less talented folks have awareness (son of a coach, etc) but the reverse is harder to find.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

With that said, if the starters are goofing off on the sideline, you might as well play them.

12. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I didn’t see any goofing off during the broadcast but they were genuinely happy to see their teammates having success on the court. But I was not there

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. Texashorns2022

Texashorns2022 100+ Posts

4 high level matches. I think rest is good no matter the age one match will not hurt them imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. longhorn47

longhorn47 500+ Posts

Resting the "starters" helps improve team chemistry/culture. Every girl wants to play.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  15. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  16. Born in ATX

Born in ATX 500+ Posts

I didn't realize Neb. lost to Stanford this week. We should pickup all of Neb.'s first place votes in the next poll. We've got Cougar High tonight on LHN at 8 pm. Here's the Stanford/Neb. box:

• Like Like x 4
  17. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

Tomorrow night unless the schedules are wrong and no one knows.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. flash34

flash34 1,000+ Posts

The Houston game is Thursday. I watched the Nebraska vs Stanford game Tuesday night. Very competitive. 3-1 Stanford. Although Nebraska is good, they clearly were not better than Stanford. Especially since the game was in Nebraska.

• Like Like x 3
  19. BLucky

BLucky 250+ Posts

The Houston game on Thursday and High Point game on Friday are home games. Come on our and watch!

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. cactus47

cactus47 25+ Posts

Reminder: tonight's game doesn't start until 8p

• Like Like x 2
  21. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Question for anyone...
    Is there a 2022 Texas Volleyball Team photo anywhere online? I want a new background picture for this computer.

22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Looking in a funk early on. Down 11-3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

UH came to play. Not sure what we're doing. 25-17. Wake up call.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Got on track. Took set 2

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Good win set 2. But have to get out of the habit of allowing long runs.

26. Olehornfan

Olehornfan 2,500+ Posts

Horns take third set 25 - 12 Allowed a small run but looking very strong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  27. xdxmmxchxxl

xdxmmxchxxl 250+ Posts

Texas wins 3-1.

Melanie Parra is playing incredibly well and has improved tremendously since last season. 12 kills hitting .476.

Halter and Fleck Continue to play great back- row defense and Asjia played well at the net.

Madisen Skinner hits a lot to of balls out, something we haven't really had any OH do in recent years. Connection between Kayla Caffey and SKT still not there, Caffey getting blocked a lot.

Overall, a well played match if you ignore the first set.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  28. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

I kinda have a different opinion of this match. I liked the adversity it presented. There has been lots of talk about how we would not be challenged the rest of season. Maybe that first set we "ate the rat poison". We got it together, finished strong. For Coach lots to talk about I'm sure. Love the depth of this team, and the senior leadership.
    Nothing is a given except Texas Fight!!

• Agree Agree x 4
  29. HornView

HornView 1,000+ Posts

I thought the Houston match was good for the team as well. It reiterated that if someone is having an off night like Skinner, Texas has other quite capable weapons to deploy like Parra. I really like Parra and her game so I was extra pleased to see her get a chance and make such an impact. She was quite a spark for the team (and fans) as was O’Neal.

I didn’t panic in the least after losing the first set because I know how loaded Texas is this year. Everything fell Houston’s way in the beginning and it snowballed for them and Texas just came out flat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  30. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

I agree about the first set, and to be honest you could see things beginning to turn in our favor before that set ended (basically when Parra was subbed in). It was a bad night for Skinner, and that's OK. We have the luxury of a deep and talented bench.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1