2022 House and Senate election

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by mchammer, Dec 8, 2021.

1. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Desantis / Scott would be a really tough ticket to beat.

• Like Like x 2
  2. BrntOrngStmpeDe

BrntOrngStmpeDe 1,000+ Posts

Honestly, i think Trump stays non-committal for a very long time. I think this announcement tomorrow is a feint. I think he keeps teasing it so that the money keeps coming in. Eventually he will bow out and keep the funds to try and continue to play king maker and to pay his legal fees.

3. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

4. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

When you have one of the top republicans in Arizona says that he hopes the America First people lose in order to cleanse the party you get a self fulfilling prophecy.

5. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

I would only say that about Lauren Boebert or MTG, not the Arizona nominees.

6. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

That's what McCainites did though in AZ. They also created a PAC to beat the MAGAs. We can't have the establishment openly sabotaging MAGA like this.

Maricopa election officials launched PAC in 2021 to stop MAGA candidates

Yeah, Boebert and MTG haven't learned that you can be a fighter without being a clown. Jewish space lasers. lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2022
  7. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

Looks like Cruz is openly campaigning against McConnell. Interesting.

8. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Cruz is one of only a few Senators with gonads to do what’s best for the party and country versus self interest.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

But remember, he goes on vacation to Cancun instead of working his shifts at the power company.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

My view of Arizona Republicans is complicated. I tend to align more with the Establishment crowd (though more like John Kyl than McCain or Jeff Flake). I don't like McCain bashing that isn't policy-driven. However, I don't like the establishment's sanctimony and willingness to bolt absent an ideological failing. I didn't like Lake or Masters as candidates, but they weren't ideologically bad.

Basically, I don't especially like either side and think someone should knock their heads together like Moe with Larry and Shemp and tell them to work their **** out. It has been going on for 22 years, and it gets old.

Boebert is hot though. Credit where it's due.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

And left poor Snowflake to fend for himself!

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Yeah, we have to turn down the internal ruckus

Even though populists are slightly harder to elect in certain areas I believe they are the only ones who can fix things and who will fight. Under the establishment we keep losing the long game even when they're in complete power. Like Mona said we're dying a slow death with these people in charge.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Some tidbits:

1. 10 races where GOP lost or losing with >48%.
    2. GOP winning the national count.

68898181-9D49-4E7B-B4D2-2209408EDA3B.jpeg

14. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Like Horn2RunAagain said the math in this election is wonky as hell.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

It's just astounding to me that a week after the election has been completed, there are districts in California with only 40% of the votes counted.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

There are 13 House races STILL not called.:confused2:

17. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Good. McConnell clearly did not have the best interests of either Republicans or the nation at heart with some of the lack of support displayed in the recent cycle.

I don't care if the one on the ballot isn't your first or even fifth choice. If you are the Majority Leader, then you support WHOEVER has the R next to their name or else you admit that you are willing to see the nation continue to spiral downwards as the Demx continue their tax and spend nonsense...

• Agree Agree x 5
  18. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Exactly. I can't stand Mitt Romney but I supported him 100% when he ran against Obama.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

That absolutely smells.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

And this is why I like Desantis.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

I hope he runs. No guarantee that he will.

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

Are you feeling okay, Deez? You're thinking like a conspiracy theorist. :D

• Funny Funny x 2
  23. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Not exactly accurate. 40% of precincts haven’t finished counting. Likely >90% of vote is in.

• Like Like x 1
  24. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

25. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

It might be totally innocent, but it smells. Whoever is in charge of counting the votes in these states sure as hell doesn't care about the appearance of legitimacy. If I ran things and was having this much trouble I'd be extremely open about it and why and in great detail.

• Agree Agree x 3
  26. UTChE96

UTChE96 2,500+ Posts

I'm referring to some of the districts. For instance, look at CA District 9 where currently only 79,108 votes have been counted vs 2018 midterm when a total of 200,763 votes were cast. That means less than 40% of the total votes have been counted & reported in that district.

California's 9th Congressional District

• Like Like x 2
  27. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Mr D
    Yes!!! And it smelled too in 2020

• Agree Agree x 1
  28. Mr. Deez

Mr. Deez Beer Prophet

Less so, and more plausible reasons were given for it. This certainly looks worse.

• Agree Agree x 1
  29. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

? In many many cases it was the EXACT same stuff
    In others it was more egregious.
    Ex, Why did the State Farm center get shut down at night for a reporteed pipe leak at 6:30 am and pipe leak was dismissed?
    Shut down but counting still went on?

30. Garmel

Garmel 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3