2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Here's Donnie Baggs of HC1 Performance (private coaching/training/skills clinics, etc. in the Houston area) on our new 2022 LB prospect K'von "Showtime" Sherman:

Donnie Baggs
    @HC1Performance

Jul 22
    @showtimesherm

-2022 LB -Pearland High School -6’2 212 lbs Easily one of the top LBs in the [Greater Houston] area. Plays sideline to sideline. Excels in coverage. Great play recognition & gets to the ball #LBU

2. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

OrangeBloods had an update on DE Omari Abor of Duncanville saying yesterday's visit went well and it will likely come down to A&M or Texas for his last official visit.

The most interesting part is Abor saying he hasn't been in contact with Oklahoma for a while.

Omari Abor, Duncanville, Edge

• Like Like x 3
  3. UTExinPDX

UTExinPDX 1,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 2
  4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  5. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

6. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Looks like we just offered Eoghan Kerry LB California.

• Like Like x 1
  7. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

More on our "sleeper" LB visiting for the pool party. (no word on whether he got the offer, yet...)

"Sherman is another linebacker that could take off in 2022 and has a ton of versatility to his projection. Sherman could play inside or on the edge and he shows the ability to play physically downhill. Sherman shows good ball skills and flashed several times in 7-on-7 during the spring, and he shows some ability as a pass rusher as well."

22 in '22: Senior sleepers banking on big season

Film

9. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

More on recently-offered Eoghan Kerry, LB California. Looks like he was at Centennial HS in Bakersfield before Mater Dei (not like private schools would recruit football players or anything...). One of the profiles said he'll be an early graduate and enrollee. 96th percentile SAT scores. His mom is a college professor. Has offers from most of the PAC-12 and some others.
    • Height & Weight:
      6'4" 230lbs
    • 40 Yard Dash:
    • Vertical:
    • Bench:
    • Squat (lbs):
    • Class of:

upload_2021-8-1_10-14-59.jpeg

https://twitter.com/EoghanKerry?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Eoghan Kerry, 2022 Outside linebacker - Rivals.com
    Rivals gives him *** (for now)

Eoghan Kerry's High School Timeline

Eoghan Kerry on Hudl

Eoghan Kerry - Football Recruiting - Player Profiles - ESPN

Eoghan Kerry's Football Recruiting Profile
    (this one directly above gives slightly worse stats than quoted earlier above)

Rising Centennial football star Kerry transferring to national power Mater Dei

Last edited: Aug 1, 2021
  10. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Convert him to TE and he can become our 20th offer for TE.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

His 2nd visit in a couple of months.

• Like Like x 2
  12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  13. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

14. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

4* Safety & 4* CB

• Like Like x 4
  15. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

4* TE

• Like Like x 2
  16. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

4* OT from Washington

• Like Like x 2
  17. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Not a big fan of the orange used in those offers. Guess I need my glasses checked :idk:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  19. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

4* DL from Alabama

• Like Like x 2
  20. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

As in: (1) we’re not interested, (2) just not yet, or (3) we’ll see how you do as a Senior?

I hope we don’t write him off. He’s definitely a “sleeper” LB to watch. Great film, unteachable LB instincts, lightning fast closing speed, and he’s up to 215+ lbs (was listed at 189 lbs and no stars).

• Funny Funny x 1
  21. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

:arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    I must have missed my own humor. He was good enough to be invited to Sark's pool party, his film is exceptional, he's no longer an "undersized" guy, what's not to like (other than the fact he hasn't appeared yet on the various rating services radars--probably because some still have him listed at 189 lbs)...???

Or perhaps it's mildly amusing how clueless the rating services can be. Same deal with Karic who had about 2 stars (and was supposedly just 240 lbs) when we recruited him, but was a starter here by the end of his true Freshman year. They probably still have Gotch Yarbrough ranked ahead of Showtime. I guess that's good for a chuckle.
    :yes::yes::yes:

:beertoast:

• Hot Hot x 1
  22. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Pool party / post-pool party update:

Brown brought his defensive coach with him to the party. It felt like home. Laid back feel to it. Bryce Anderson is a singer as well as a football player... Devon Campbell showed up, decked out in burnt orange and with a big smile, and will be back again for another look. Campbell will be a battle between us and OU, but he's "giving all the signals that Texas is the school." Quency Wiggins, 6'6" 274 lbs **** DL out of Louisiana, was there and apparently likes our D staff a lot. "This exceeded everything" said Quency Wiggins . (it's tough to get the top flight guys from Louisiana, but since paying players $$$ is no longer cheating, LSU may start losing some...) Omari said OU hasn't been in touch much with him. Ohio State and Alabama look like the teams to beat for Omari.

Some guys were impressed with the South End Zone. Terry Black's BBQ catered, so the food was very good, and get this--Matthews' (DB from Louisiana) dad said the banana pudding might be why he comes back...
    [​IMG]

There was NO SEC sales pitch made.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Maybe a late filler. For those that missed it, Patton verballed to bailor over the weekend.
    A bit of a gut punch as it was thought he was a UT lean for the longest.
    Can only guess that they may continue pushing on Patton. I agree. Would like to see Sherman in this class.

24. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I'd also like to see Showtime Sherman in the class (obviously). I get it if he gets the "Don't make a move with anyone else yet; stand pat, we're watching you, and let's see how you do your Senior year." But definitely, absolutely, positively keep an eye on him. Exceptional LB film. All over the field. You can't escape the guy. Playmaker, playmaker, playmaker.

And he's got a tall, lean build that looks like he could add 15-25+ more lbs of muscle without losing a step.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  25. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

Not going to lose sleep over a 3* LB who picked Michigan, then Baylor in two days … it’s not over Texas if we were not ready to accept his commit … my tea leaves from what I read

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  26. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

27. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  28. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  29. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts