2022 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 11, 2019.

1. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Jaylon Guilbeau has reopened his recruitment.
    Been brewing for a while now.

• poop poop x 3
  2. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I think it means he farted in the car.
    :lmao:

Either that, or he sh!# his pants because of some exciting and unexpected news...
    :beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 2
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  3. bystander

bystander 10,000+ Posts

We can't blame $$$ for losing players anymore. It's winning on the field. That's what we must do. Stark has to hit it like Chris Beard is when it comes to urgency. Not saying he's lagging but there is no time for anything except the projection of elite coaching skills.

4. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    :arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    Sark

[​IMG]
    :arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    Stark

5. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Quite a few players have reopened recruiting simply because they want to see other campuses and have a good time. I don't know if he has been visiting campuses already. In that case then it's not looking good.
    I am just wondering if he has been offered a bonified NIL deal from another team.
    Of course there could be many other reasons, like he likes another position coach better.
    But the University of Texas has so much to offer it's amazing to me why they would decommit and go elsewhere.
    So is it going to be necessary to have to have a wonderful and superb NIL reputation in order to recruit?
    NIL reputation will be an important criteria for excellent recruiting? I am concerned about the integrity of recruiting which was already being compromised in some ways. A free for all.
    Thank goodness for a scholarship limit.
    And we can't blame coaches for losing recruits, especially in the new era of NIL. I am sure they are working as hard as they can to recruit and maintain the commitment.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
  6. 22Horn

22Horn 500+ Posts

NIL seems to be a bad thing....

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

When they say Patterson is bland, the only thing going for him is his ability to negative recruit Texas.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Well, that and kick our a$$ more often than not--using 2 and 3 *** recruits.

I think the new regime will rapidly put a change to our recent history against TCU.

:bevo::bevo::bevo:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. duff_man

duff_man 250+ Posts

Damn. One step forward, one step back.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Yep.

11. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

I am sure the entire athletic department is working on all things NIL:smokin:

12. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  13. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

For some recruits it will be the only thing that matters

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

Patterson may be bland but he owned our social justice experiment and he owned binder boy. He gets the most from his players which is something Texas has not done in almost 10 years.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Well if we do get into the SEC then I would expect Texas recruiting to get much better

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

From IT on the new NIL rules:

"In the middle of Wednesday’s hysteria it was mentioned everything in the ‘Fret not’ piece is already in the works. That is, some ambitious alums are working to build a sophisticated network to enrich Texas players. We’re going to keep details on the apparatus quiet but it’s being run by the sorts of competent and motivated people you’d want running it."

• Like Like x 2
  17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Hamilton at IT spoke to a parent of a highly-ranked recruit and he was told Texas is going to have to turn down a lot of players once the SEC news is official.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  18. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

if one of the negative recruiting aspects is competition level then yes.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Remember though this is mostly about the student-athlete and their academic success

• Funny Funny x 6
  20. CreakyHorn

CreakyHorn 500+ Posts

Yes! Why else would we join the SEC?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

Of course anyone decommitting from the Horns, esp. after new stadium expansion and move to SEC, must be a red diaper doper baby!

• Like Like x 1
  22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Per IT, Sark had a Zoom call with CB Jaylon Guilbeau the evening of his de-commitment.

He didn't put the hard sell on him in order to keep him in the class.

23. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I absolutely believe this. In fact, I believe it to be a huge factor. It would eliminate one of the major objections that has negatively impacted us for years. Remove that argument — that we’re not in the SEC, and what’s left to use against us? Only our record over the past decade, and that argument will likely be neutered after this year or next.

2021 could mark a seismic shift in the fortunes of the program, and in a very good way.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
  24. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

I too would like to believe this

25. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Duke,

Another factor not being talked about is the new TV contract with ABC/ESPN. It will mean that six SEC games will be in primetime every Saturday without including ESPN2, ESPNU, and ESPNNews, or the SEC Network. Three games per day, throw in and occasional Thursday night, and virtually every SEC game will be a national telecast.

Kids want their families and friends to be able to see them on TV. Kids also prefer that their families be able to drive to see them play on weekends.

• Agree Agree x 4
  26. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  27. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

The interest of some solid looking DLs/DEs in UT seems to have picked up a bit lately. I like this development. Now let’s get some more top notch OLs in the fold.

• Agree Agree x 3
  29. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 8
    • Hot Hot x 1
  30. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

:arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up::arrow-up:
    Nice timing there. (Kam Dewberry)
    Just what the doctor ordered!

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2021