2023 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Nov 15, 2018.

1. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 25+ Posts

“They would be very-much considered. They would probably be up there (if they offered),” Bowen said. “I’d definitely consider them as an option. Their football program, they compete at a high level. If they would allow me to do both, the baseball program is also very good. My dad actually lived in Texas and I have family down there too.”

This sounds very interesting, I'm in on this young man.

:bevo:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

I think the baseball combo could be our secret weapon here

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 2,500+ Posts

Well I would think he will get an offer

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. cnb

cnb 500+ Posts

Looks like the staff will attempt to bring some 2023s in that June 11th weekend, headlined by QB Arch Manning and RB Rueben Owens.

• Like Like x 5
  5. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 250+ Posts

Owens is a game changer. He is in the same category or better than Bijon. Its nice to see some real game changers either on the roster or coming. I look forward to having the bama problem of too many 5stars to get on the field. Its been 10+ years since we had that issue going back to Mack near the end.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  7. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  8. Badass

Badass 2,500+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  9. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 25+ Posts

Darn, still no video on Ashton. Only 3 receptions in 2020 (hate what covid has done), but he logged a great time in the 100 as a sophomore; 10.74.

I wonder is he just a late bloomer? Link says he is a rising 3*, so I guess so. Oregon, Utah, TCU have offered among others, so he sounds promising. Plus, his awesome speed is a Sark necessity, so there's that.

:bevo:

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 5,000+ Posts

Hoping he drops that 10.74 down in the 10.3 range as a senior. That would be awesome. Guess I got spoiled by Ray Clay, Lam, Ham, Herkie, Tony Jones, and the two that never were Don Parkhurst (9.4 100 yd as a HS junior) and Wayne Johnston ??? from Richardson (the fastest white man in the world when he was a Longhorn)

11. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 25+ Posts

I get what you mean, Sabre; I wasn't following recruiting as closely as I am now, but I did know J. Lam Jones was very fast since he had olympic speed.

Nevertheless, a 10.7 is not slow for sure, and if Ashton can increase his speed, and doesn't commit to OU or the sheep people, I will wish him well, even if he signs elsewhere.

Hook'em

12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 5,000+ Posts

I made the comment because I went to HS with a guy that ran the 100 yard dash in 10.6 as a sophomore. As a senior, he ran a 9.5 at the State Track Meet He scored 580 on his SAT and went to the University of Houston where accumulated about 12-15 hours credit in four years.

Viper can tell you that some people improve greatly in those two years.

• Like Like x 1
  13. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

You are correct sir; especially in High School. Those fast kids in the eighth grade generally level off sometime between their Junior and Senior HS years. The guys who start blooming in the 9th grade generally get faster throughout their HS years. For example, I went from a 10 flat 100 yards in the 8th grade to a 9.354 my Senior year. Distance guys (and 400 hurdlers) get faster as their lungs develop capacity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1