2024 Recruiting - Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Joe Fan, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

so glad we are going after the best punters and o-linemen. expecting another top class in '24. Just sayin.

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

hmmm, they have spoken about their beliefs publicly. True, I don't know them deeply but their actions show who they are.

3. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I’ll say this about Deon, he and I were on similar paths and ironically when he became a Christian, I did as well at about the same time. Coincidence.
    I read his book at that time …and if you take away the $$$ differences and add alcohol to my life ( he didn’t drink) , his story and mine are close ( especially the discussion of his decision to follow Christ) and thus I have no doubt he is who he says he is.

• Like Like x 4
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  4. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Can we have a Deion page?

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. moondog_LFZ

moondog_LFZ 5,000+ Posts

Stuff be getting ugly over there.

• WTF? WTF? x 2
  6. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Wow, Deion, dipschlit much?!?!?!

7. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Careful there I'm pretty sure Jesus told him to do it

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I've known coaches like this. Treat you like crap then when you leave punish you as much as they can. DS is taking his train straight off the cliff. Treating people like this doesn't go far these days and spreads like wild fire.

• Like Like x 1
  9. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I agree that this is a bad look for Sanders.
    I also know that in my previous life of running 1/3 of the country as a sales director that I tried to keep everyone and once I made the decision to allow someone to pursue other interests, their story was ALWAYS factually untrue.
    The severity of lies they told varied from employee to employee, but not once were their stories factually accurate.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. El Torito

El Torito 1,000+ Posts

I agree with NRHorn that folks should pump the brakes on the stories coming out in Boulder.

Colorado has been a dumpster fire for years - a true testament to football futility. Prime Time took the job and told everyone in advance he was going to clean house top to bottom, that he expected players to transfer out ASAP, and that he was going to bring his brand of football and players into the program. This was no secret. So, I'm not surprised that some of these players and parents are grumbling on the way out. Prime Time is the head honcho and he gets to organize the program the way he wants.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Not sure he is a take by either school at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  12. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I’m showing my age, but I’d pass on this drama.
    Go to Bama, enter the portal in a year or two and UT will offer you a preferred walk on for a year to see a real commitment.
    This has red flags all over it and let’s not waste a scholly that could be better utilized with someone solid.
    Go tie up a Bama scholarship- that would be a help to UT for at least a couple of years.

13. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

To recap his history:

December 21 committed to Baylor, January 22 decommitted

February 22 committed to Texas, November 22 decommitted

Now releasing a top 2 with 2 schools that may not even accept his committment

HS change in there too, not sure if that is a straightforward thing or something more.

• Like Like x 3
  14. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  15. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 5
  16. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

S Joshua Lair of Fort Bend Marshall will officially visit Texas on June 17th.

• Like Like x 3
  17. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  18. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  19. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

While in Louisiana, IT reporting Coach Davis will see five-star DT Dominick McKinley so the staff can continue working on setting up an official visit.

This is supposedly a "wildcard recruitment" with several schools being talked about.

One key here is the recruitment of his little brother, Darryus, who is a 2026 and Texas has already offered.

Dominick McKinley, Acadiana, Defensive Line

• Like Like x 5
  20. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• poop poop x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  21. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  22. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  23. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  24. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Five star WR schedules an official to Tx.

• Like Like x 6
  25. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

IT spoke with OL Michael Uini of Copperas Cove today and he said he's not likely to use his final official on Alabama, but instead he's leaning on seeing Texas.

The question remains if that would be in June or later on during the season.

Michael Uini, Copperas Cove, Offensive Tackle

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  26. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

sure not liking seeing only two commits for this long.
    I do appreciate taking the time to get the best however, but I would like to see some more additions soon. just sayin.:soapbox::popcorn:

• Agree Agree x 1
  27. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

I agree. I posted this same concern after the spring game where we had a lot of important prospects in and no one committed. Seems like several other big time programs have substantial numbers so hopefully this is just a blip on the radar. I would think the draft this week would also help Texas in recruiting since we had quite a few drafted and I presume a few signed free agent deals.

28. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Good point. Sooner or later some of these "opportunities" are going to become "commitments." And I like for it to be sooner, rather than later. Get some momentum going early!

29. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

Per IT, DB Ondre Evans of Nashville, TN is looking to hit campus this summer after visiting earlier in the year.

Ondre Evans, CPA, Athlete

• Like Like x 3
  30. cnb

cnb 5,000+ Posts

No commitments were expected here. Most of the kids we are recruiting have national interest and most want to take their visits. We also are taking a smaller class this year. (18 ish).

We are in a good spot with several kids.
    Should start seeing some movement during the summer.
    Don't expect most of the " heavy weight " 5 stars to pull the trigger until once the season is underway.

Unless the season collapses we will have another top 5 class this year.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1