2024 Softball Season

Discussion in 'Softball' started by Ellis21d, Aug 11, 2023.

1. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

OU - OSU still in weather delay

2. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

3. HornHuskerDad

HornHuskerDad 5,000+ Posts

Wonder how many more runs the Longhorns could score if the game continued - but the mercy rule is a good thing.

4. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

My daughter's HS softball team was bad. It was awful. It was next to the bottom of the district. When we would be getting smacked around by the good schools, to the tune of 20+ runs in the 2nd or 3rd inning, before even approaching the mercy rule, the opposing coaches would have their players on base purposefully be off the bag when their hitters swung.

And then when our school played the worst school in the district and we were up by 10+, our coach would tell our players to do the same thing.

But with the Texas team being called out for leaving the bases early this year, that would have been a bad look. (and insulting to the Tech team).

5. HornHuskerDad

According to my ESPN app, Zero U and Zero State have resumed - ou up 1-0, top of 5th.

6. HornHuskerDad

Now 1-1 for ou and osu, bottom of 5.

7. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

OSU wins Bedlam series for the first time in 31 years. Texas has clinched a share of the Big 12 title and win it outright with a win over Tech tomorrow.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

I started watching when OSU tied it up 1-1 and then Kenny G put in Kilfoil because he wanted to win so badly. Then, proceeded to see OU give up 3 HRs. Wow!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

What a BIG day for our Longhorn softball team!! Texas would claim its first outright Big 12 Conference championship since the 2010 season.
    The team mantra seems to be ‘the job isn’t done yet’!! Wish this game was in Austin. Pretty sure the Raider fans won’t help us celebrate! From what I’ve seen on tv more fans in Orange & White than red and black!
    Another exclamation is that OSU had not won a series from ou since 1997? OMG the sadness in the ou locker room!!!
    :yippee::ousucks::lol: :beertoast:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow, one game lead with one game to go while the two teams behind us are playing each other. Win and win the conference outright. Lose and take a share of the title. I don't believe they'll let todays opportunity slip away. :hookem:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

If Texas were to blow it today it would most certainly the worst loss of the season. tech has no pitchers to put on the mound Texas hasn't already blasted and Texas has 2 pitchers tech hasn't seen, along with Mac who should be completely rested and both Keagan and Citlaly available to throw a couple of innings if needed.

It would be the not only the worst loss this season, but considering the pitching the teams have available, maybe the worst in a few seasons. C'mon Texas get this done.

12. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

We're 44-6. IF we were to lose today it would suck, but we still take a share of the crown and probably still have the #1 overall seed in the tourney. Saying it would be the worst loss in a few seasons is being dramatic. This game is really not important in the grand scheme of things. With that being said, I don't think there's any way they lose today.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Run Pincher

Run Pincher 2,500+ Posts

If Texas were tied with blowu or osu going in to today and lost a game against either putting us in 2nd for the season I would never claim it was a bad loss whatsoever. I would never say losing to another top 5 team is a bad loss. But losing to a team when the odds are overwhelmingly in your favor would absolutely would be a horrible loss regardless of league standings.

And the RPI, team records do not take into account the completely opposite pitching situations the teams are in. We are Texas, we don't lose to inferior teams, especially the one that has the most )*%^ envy towards us of any in history.

14. Malcom

Malcom 1,000+ Posts

Do any of y'all remember how good Emma Halter was in that semifinal game against Wisconsin? I think one of the best games defensively in Texas history. :bevo:

15. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

Why isn't Mike White playing her more?

• Funny Funny x 3
  16. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

End of 1: Score 0-0

Texas half of 2nd inning: tceh commits 3 errors & Longhorns score 7.

After 1.5 innings: Texas 7 / tceh 0

• Like Like x 1
  17. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

I think the camer has flashed a shot of Emma Halter warming up in the bull pen! :yikes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: May 5, 2024
  18. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

End of 2; 7-0
    Kavan has 4 Strike outs.

• Like Like x 1
  19. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Tceh scores one on HR & 3 on based loaded double.

After 3 innings: 7 - 4 Texas

20. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Texas scores 3 on 2 HR's (Atwood's 20th)

10 - 4 Good Gals

• Like Like x 1
  21. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Tceh down in order in the 4th. Score remains 10 - 4.

• Like Like x 1
  22. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Atwood hits 3 run dinger (#21 on season). Middle of 5th, 14 - 4 pending outright Big XII Champs.

• Like Like x 1
  23. Ellis21d

Ellis21d JediHorn

Big 12 CHAMPIONS!

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  24. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

Texas ends it with a Double Play.
    Run rules for 5th straight game.
    14 - 4

Texas Longhorns 2024 Big XII Champions!!!! HOOK 'EM!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  25. 1sahorn

1sahorn 1,000+ Posts

How many conference championships do we have now (this year)?

26. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

12. Our all-time record is 13.

• Like Like x 2
  27. TempestHorn

TempestHorn 500+ Posts

• Winner Winner x 4
  28. racerx5908

racerx5908 2,500+ Posts

"Texas' first conference championship since 2010"

Curious.

In 2010, there were 12 teams in the "Big 12":