2025 Recruiting - Football

Devin Sanchez and Brew are from Ohio. I posted weeks back that we have a legit shot with Brew.
I hope so. Seems we have gotten so many db's over the last 3-5 years who were supposed to be lights out and we still do not have an elite db like in 2005. Is it the defense or the recruits or both?

upload_2024-5-28_22-16-51.png

My #1 hope who is still out there.
I’m with you. We are in on a lot of top guys right now and I want them all, but it’s no coincidence we had our best season since 2009 when we had our best OL and DL in well over a decade. It all starts up front and we need these elite guys on both sides of the line if we want to be a perennial playoff team going forward.

I’m with you. We are in on a lot of top guys right now and I want them all, but it’s no coincidence we had our best season since 2009 when we had our best OL and DL in well over a decade. It all starts up front and we need these elite guys on both sides of the line if we want to be a perennial playoff team going forward.
Of course, the TE room puts you in the NC game but that goes without saying.

Quotes from the high school coach of RB James Simon (247):

"Well first he's very humble, team-oriented, which is huge for us," Guin said. "We have a lot of good players here on our team. He's just so unselfish about getting the football and all that. He's just willing to do whatever it takes just for us to win. That's a huge attribute for a guy as good as him. They don't feel like they have to be the center of attention all the time."

"You know, first, what a lot of people don't know is he's a great receiver," Guin said. "We'll actually move him around a lot this year out at some receiver positions, too, just to get him out of the backfield. His field vision is as good as any I've ever coached as far as seeing where to run and where to cut. He runs with such force, too, especially when he has to. A lot of people think he's a lot of finesse, but I'll tell you what … he'll lower his shoulder on you in a heartbeat. That's what's impressive to me."

"They (Texas staff) did a great job," Guin said of the Longhorns staff. "They've been involved with James from the very start. The running backs coach has been here numerous times. They did a fantastic job. They don't recruit up here a whole, whole lot, so it's been kind of neat having them around."

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back