2025 Recruiting- Football

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by moondog_LFZ, Jun 3, 2023.

1. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

2. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 4
  3. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

A commitment is in, per Hamilton at OTF.

• Like Like x 4
  4. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  5. longhornlegend

longhornlegend 1,000+ Posts

I hope we always keep elite talent in state but I dont like the buying of players. I know nil has created this but it becomes almost a hostage situation just like the dt that went to mobilhoma instead of Texas because they paid more. Texas has had quite a few over the last few years that make no bones about "how much you offering" and seems like Sark has not allowed that cancer to infiltrate the team (at least so far).

• Like Like x 1
  6. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I'm not super anti NIL, but I agree with you in principle. My assumption is that we should be in the ballpark with the other big programs. But if someone wants to overpay to land a guy, that's up to them.

Assuming we're close to the other bigs, and don't overpay in a bidding war, I'll be comfortable with whoever we get.

7. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  8. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

IT saying WR Kaliq Lockett continues to speak with Texas on a regular basis, including late last week with Coach Jackson.

He's apparently assured the staff he has no problem being in the same class as other stud WRs like Ffrench and Moore, and welcomes the opportunity to compete.

The number of WRs for this class is usually seen as four, but they said don't be surprised if Texas stops at three if they can land that trio.

Kaliq Lockett, Sachse, Wide Receiver

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 1
  9. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Overpaying HS kids has historically worked so well:

1) SMU was the only undefeated team in D-1 and wasn't voted #1, neither did either of their RBs win the Hype$man.

2) UNC made their QB the first six figure man in the ACC and couldn't win a conference title much less be mentioned as a contender for #1

3) How many years of Aggie teams with huge payrolls with no nattys's?

4) OU & USC were the only ones to pull it off, but they were professionals.

One thing that sticks out to me is that can now pay above the table, and we are graduating more players than ever.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

How far back has OU payed? I met a player from the early 70’s who admitted payment.

12. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 2
  13. hornde68

hornde68 250+ Posts

Read the book, “The Best Team Money Can Buy”. About the 1950’s era Bud Wilkenson teams. Pretty straight-forward.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

I wasn’t around but my uncle and cousins got paid during the two big winning streaks.

Last edited: May 20, 2024
  15. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
  16. everette

everette 250+ Posts

The father of a friend of mine, a member of the Oklahoma Athletic HOF, a lawyer, and a member of the Oklahoma Legislature in the 1930s once told me while we watched the Texas Oklahoma football game in the 80s, that they determined (in the 30s) that they were going to do whatever they had to do to beat Texas. WHATEVER they had to do! Then, he winked at me. I'm not going to say who because his son is still around and in an assisted living facility. His last name has been mentioned on HF, but I forgot the context.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Gylcomer

Gylcomer 500+ Posts

Thanks so much. So 90 years of Sooners Soonering

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

I remember the last trio like that. :googlyeyessmile: Roy, BJ, Sloan

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Except with Sark as coach, I won't have to watch two of them push coaches away and knock one down during the OU game because they are pissed about who is TRYING to throw the ball and can't read the damn defense.

In all my years, I had never seen a player lay his hands on a coach, but two starters on one play doing it to two different coaches?

20. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Hot Hot x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  21. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Pffft! Wake me up if they sign 3 5-star TE’s.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

To land 3- 5 star wrs in one class is mind-boggling. That would be in the top 5 recruiting coups ever, if not number 1. They say don't go to a gun fight with a knife, but we would show up with AK 47s and a bazooka. Hope it happens.

• Like Like x 2
  23. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. X Misn Tx

X Misn Tx 2,500+ Posts

the HAMMER!

• Funny Funny x 3
  25. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 3
    • Hot Hot x 2
  26. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Ffor real? Ffoshizzle!

• Funny Funny x 3
  27. Pomspoms

Pomspoms 5,000+ Posts

Ffreaking awesome. (Someone probably already did this one but it's all good)

• Like Like x 1
  28. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

Too bad we won’t have anyone to throw them in 2025.

Oh wait. Never mind.

29. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  30. cnb

cnb 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1