2025 Recruiting - Football

We have 12 commitments for the 2025 recruiting class.

Burton thinks we'll have 7-8 more in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
Seems like our new DT coach is having a very poor showing so far. I understand money with NIL impacts but sure didnt need to lose 2 DL options in the same week.

Seems like our new DT coach is having a very poor showing so far. I understand money with NIL impacts but sure didnt need to lose 2 DL options in the same week.

No, Baker got a late start and was working from behind.. We're still in on several and the staff will continue to work these 2.
And anything else will come from the portal.

Last edited:
No, Baker got a late start and was having to work uphill the whole time. He did well but obviously not good enough. We're still in on several and the staff will continue to work these 2.
And anything else will come from the portal.

Things should be different for him next season

Every Summer we go through this. You cannot forget that this staff will not give up. And there willl also be names added that haven't even been mentioned.

In regards to Sharma. The Alabama and Texas staffs were called the night before and were told Texas was the pick.

The ducks backed the Brinks truck with NIL $$ the next morning.
As I've mentioned numerious time , Sark has positions slotted $$ and he simply isn't going to go over it.

Every Summer we go through this. You cannot forget that this staff will not give up. And there willl also be names added that haven't even been mentioned.
cnb, while I generally agree with your assessments, the circumstances have changed for Texas. Probably no other school has as good a story to tell and a program and environment to pitch, as we do right now.

We just came off a fabulous year, and our DT tandem of Murphy and Sweat was the best in the country. So the case we can make to recruits is beyond compelling. Kenny Baker has everything he needs to …excel.

I agree that Bo was not known as a great recruiter. I also agree that it might take Baker until the next recruiting cycle to gain his footing. But I must say that given the compelling story we have to tell and our obvious momentum, our inability to land DT targets – if it continues to happen (and we will know very soon) – would certainly be a concern to me.

In regards to Sharma. The Alabama and Texas staffs were called the night before and were told Texas was the pick.

As I've mentioned numerious time , Sark has positions slotted $$ and he simply isn't going to go over it.
Couple that with the fact he is the 28th ranked DT? Four star or not, Georgia has 4 DT’s rated top 10 already and 3 are 5 stars.
If we want the Georgia level DT, a high NIL would be justified IMO. Bu in-state DT Sanders is ranked ahead of Sharma and we could still land him.

I have to believe with our success the last few years that NIL money is more than legit. Now Oregon has Nike in their back pocket so perhaps there are no limits but as @dukesteer reported, we have a pretty solid year to reflect back on. Sark is an elite recruiter so hoping we can remedy this.

I trust Sark and his system. If Sark says DTs are only worth $X, then I would be disappointed if he broke his rule and paid $X+1.

Remember, we were the only offer to Kenneth Sims, but we no longer have Mike Parker & Leon Fuller to develop these kids.

Phil Knight is committed to buying a championship. We’ll see. The inability to constrain spending will render all but the richest programs irrelevant (as if that is an insightful take).

I’d love to know what he is paying for these players. Guessing close to 1 million for the DT.

Phil Knight is committed to buying a championship. We’ll see. The inability to constrain spending will render all but the richest programs irrelevant (as if that is an insightful take).

I’d love to know what he is paying for these players. Guessing close to 1 million for the DT.
If true, thats crazy.

Its a sorry state of affairs in college football presently. Thankfully there is a scholarship limit so that teams that dont have super bank rolls have a chance to compete, to some degree. But still, there is the haves and have nots. I am fortunate to be one of the haves.

Its a sorry state of affairs in college football presently. Thankfully there is a scholarship limit so that teams that dont have super bank rolls have a chance to compete, to some degree. But still, there is the haves and have nots. I am fortunate to be one of the haves.

There is also the "wants" and the "if we can compete 40-50% of the time, that's fine" group. Look at SMU and what the Hunts did when they grabbed the chance to go to the ACC. The ponies are ready to get back in the game. Would love to have been sitting there when Swofford told Clark (???) how much they needed to consider joining, and Clark replied, "That's all". Can't stand Swofford.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Help us count down to game day with your favorite player pics.

100 Day Countdown 2024

Recent Threads

Back