4-horn QB Buechele commits. [Earlier: Lots of smoke bout a QB commit...]

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by Badass, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

2. Driver 8

Driver 8 Amor Fati

Edit: Didn't see the above post by @Joe Fan when I did this...

3. OldHippie

OldHippie 2,500+ Posts

Buechele's quick escapes when the pocket breaks down while keeping the pass play alive remind me a bit of Colt McCoy. I would guess that he's as quick but probably not as fast as Heard.

4. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

Find the smart one in the Buechele family... :smile1:

• Like Like x 4
  5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Gawd I love that.:hookem:

Oh and ou sucks!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per BON:
    Buechele finished his senior season having completed just under 65% of his passes for 2,498 yards, 29 TDs and 6 interceptions, while also rushing 114 times for 817 yards and 10 TDs.

He was named the MVP of District 4-6A, and last week he was named an all-state second team quarterback on the Texas APSE Class 6A All-State team.

He will enroll at Texas in January.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Godz40acres

Godz40acres Happy Feller

Per TFB:
    Texas QB commit Shane Buechele will officially enroll at Texas just over a week from now and will take part in offseason activities and Spring Practice. I got the chance, recently, to speak with an assistant coach at Arlington Lamar HS who is very familiar with Buechele.

When asked about how he expects Shane to come in and compete and possibly win the starting job he said, “Shane is a competitor…he’s going to go into the spring trying to win the job. He’s a special individual… it wouldn’t surprise me if he wins the job coming out of the spring.”

When I asked if there was one certain thing that has made Shane a special quarterback he said, “Not sure if there’s one thing in particular but, his pocket awareness is great, also his ability to make plays with his arm or feet. He’s just a high character guy with blue collar work ethic. I can’t say enough about all of his physical and mental attributes.

For a team that’s struggled with QBs being able to sit in the pocket and process information quickly, that’s music to Texas fans’ ears. But in this day in age when a QBs ability to extend plays with his feet has become such an important added weapon to an offense, Shane’s mobility is something to get excited about as well.

Just an interesting note, Shane’s coach mentioned that he pretty sure Buechele was invited to the Army All-American Game (scheduled for this weekend) but decided to decline the invite in order to spend this last week at home with his family before he enrolls.

Buechele has previously said he would like to play baseball at Texas but with him enrolling early he will miss his senior season of HS baseball so he will be out of the game for awhile. The coach said, “If he wins the job or isn’t redshirted, (I) doubt he plays baseball but if he does redshirt I bet he might be able to.” Buechele has stated football is his number one priority.

• Like Like x 3