49ers at Seattle

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stanhin, Dec 29, 2019.

1. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Last regular season game. SF just scored on 94 yard drive to take 10-0 lead.

2. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Another good, time-consuming SF drive ends in a field goal. 13-0.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2019
  3. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Seattle had a good drive going near the end of the first half, but the 49ers stuffed Lynch on fourth and inches to kill the drive with less than a minute left in the half.

4. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

Lynch looking a little slow and weak like a in-training couch potato.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Seattle wakes up and scores early in the second half. SF answers with a quick 75 yard drive for a TD, but fails on the 2 point try. 19-7.

6. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Seattle is driving again. They are doing much better in the second half. Seattle is about to score again. Lynch scores. 8 minute drive. It's a five point game.

7. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

SF comes back again--43 yards on first four plays of next drive. Third and five on Seattle 35. Pass complete to Samuel at Seattle 14 yard line. First and 10 from there. 5:54 left in the game. Easy 14 yard run up the middle for the TD. 12 point game with 5:50 left.

8. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Terrible kickoff goes out of bounds. Seattle gets gift and will start at 40

9. stanhin

stanhin 5,000+ Posts

Seattle scored and is threatening again with a minute and a half left. I think SF's defense may be too tired to stop them. Seattle on the SF 12. Plenty of time for Seattle. Pass broken up in end zone. There is no way SF can stop them, is there?? Another pass to end zone is too high. Third and 10 from the 12. Time out Seattle. Pass is way off. High and out of bounds. 4th and 10 from the 12. Seattle takes final time out. Nail biting time. SF looks confused on defense. SF timeout. Pass caught at the half yard line. Seattle spikes the ball. Lynch comes in the game. Delay of game on Seattle!! Back to the six, no timeouts, 22 seconds left. They take Lynch out. Jesus. Pass almost intercepted in end zone. Third down and goal with 15 seconds left. Wilson fires it off target again. Possible pass interference, not called, no booth review. Fourth and goal. Jesus, this is awesome. Pass to goal line. Is he over?? Under review. It looks short by inches. After review, receiver was short. SF gets ball with nine seconds left. QB sneak runs out the clock. Awesome finish. SF is number one seed in playoffs now.

10. dukesteer

dukesteer 5,000+ Posts

I was disappointed by the way Seattle handled the end of the game, starting with the first and goal at the one with about 26 seconds left. They seemed to panic, and that starts with Wilson. Great QB but had he slowed down just a tad, they wouldn’t have been hit with the illegal procedure penalty. So, with perhaps 20 seconds and the ball at the one — after the spike — he could have run Beast Mode and still had time for another play.

Seattle should have won the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Seattle4UT

Seattle4UT 1,000+ Posts

Carroll’s teams disappoints again. Never consistent with how his teams finish out. Chumps again for blowing away a golden opportunity for home field advantage. They’ll be lucky to beat the Eagles.

12. BurntOrangeLH

BurntOrangeLH 2,500+ Posts

I am no NFL expert, but I will take Seattle any day over the Beagles this year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Seahawks running backs:
    Travis Homer 10 rushes for 62 yards
    Marshawn Lynch 12 rushes for 34 yards

To me it starts with Pete having screwed up his timeouts.

14. Seattle Husker

Seattle Husker 10,000+ Posts

Yep. 2 TOs after incomplete passes. Given one was a 4th down play I was ok with that one but the other was incomprehensible.

Oh well. The silver lining is that Philly is a MUCH easier opponent than Minnesota on paper. The games after that will likely all be on the road anyway. Still, this Seattle team will play up or down to whomever they are facing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ViperHorn

ViperHorn 10,000+ Posts

Pete has mellowed a bit during this trip in the NFL. He still might be a condescending arrogant SOB, but most of the time nowadays he is almost civil to the public and press.