66 or 68............

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by LousianaHorn, Mar 15, 2021.

1. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Yes, because flipping through those dog-eared & worn pages DCTF's, you spent so much time looking at back in the day (when there was no Internet, no cell phones and only 4-5 TV channels), ..... you remember how old you were that year, what UT games you attended, certain players you liked, what you were experiencing in life at that time - Jr. High, HS or college, post-college, friends, old girlfriends, etc. etc. etc.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2021
  2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I had a pretty good collection of UT and Pro football memorabilia from the 60s' - 90's. I kept it in a footlocker. All kinds of items, programs, autographed items. The X-wife decided she need my box for some of her stuff, threw it out, didn't tell me. That's a big reason she's my X.

• WTF? WTF? x 1
  3. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Its like stepping back in time. I still have a set of baseball cards that inspired me to keep stats because of the batting, fielding and pitching stats on the back. Because of that I would scour the newspaper for information regularly to compile "my version of up to date stats" not really knowing if they were right or wrong. When the new ones came out I would compare and try to figure out the differences. From time to time I pull those out and think of the amount of seemingly endless time I spent in my bedroom with notebook paper adding things up. What a time! We will never be there again. Now kids just have to click a button and not have to think at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DKRoyal fan

DKRoyal fan 100+ Posts

Thanks LH.

Your video clip brings back great memories and a big wide grin to my face. I used to love seeing Street and other great Horn QBs like Phillips flip the ball out to a trailing back at the last second as they were being tackled and going down. Usually the trailing back ended up gaining 10 to 20 extra yards and even more. It was truly amazing to behold.

I miss those dominating performances our Longhorn teams had using a revolutionary offense that virtually no one could stop. Can't wait to see Sark's revolutionary offense dominate in like manner, while also emphasizing the passing game this time around.

Hook'em

:bevo:

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2021