99 Problems: Former UT Player Brian Jones Says Big Donors Pulling Racial Strings

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by RainH2burntO, Nov 19, 2021.

1. nashhorn

nashhorn 5,000+ Posts

Sorry Phil, I didn’t see that. The link I opened was short and obviously not complete.

2. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

What a piece of ****. This is exactly why I hate pretty much all media personalities these days. They can drop anonymous bombs like this and have no accountability. If there is proof then someone, like CDC, needs that proof to be able to verify and take action. If not then shut the hell up. This attention ***** is just piling on at this point.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

FACTS!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Man, the blood is in the water, and it really brings the sharks are out. (Or in Brain Jones’ case, the scavenger fish)

The universe isn’t done with us yet. The kicking us while we are down won’t end until we start winning again.
    And ******* I can’t wait til we’re winning again.

oh and f**k Brian Jones and his “reporting”
    Our BMDs are a problem but this is preposterous.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Tired of BMD excuse. Without them we would be f'n Kansas. Our biggest problem is that players don't put football first. Ask anyone near the program, most of the team would rather go to Spring Break and catch Covid than prepare with a new coaching staff (see Spring break last year). Players like a DB who has quit the team, his play have gone downhill since his first season that put social life ahead of football are the issue. We will be a much better team when Sark can get these douchbags out of the program. Look how much better Washington is now that a big chance guy is gone. Once we lose a few of these DB's and OL not following the staff direction, we will be better off. If you ever get a chance to buy a former player a beer, or a run into a parent with a kid on the team - do it. Ask them questions about current state and they will tell you the issues. It's eye-opening.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

If I were to give Jones the benefit of the doubt (I’m not) ...: Outside of Card and Brockmeyer I can’t think of who it is that the big bad racist BMDs would be pushing for.
    Since it’s preposterous to think billionaires have an interest in who starts at mlb that leaves Card.
    I could see BMDs pushing for card but Card is a singular player not player(s) and they could be pushing for many reasons that aren’t racially motivated.

nah, this feels like a Chip Brownish type of story. If it tracks with a narrative enough people will believe, good enough to print!
    no one can price or disprove it, and it gets clicks!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. Creek

Creek 1,000+ Posts

Really? We were invited to join the SEC. They apparently like us. I guess Finebaum would rather lie about a minor story about Saban and Texas just to lose trust with Saban? Maybe but unlikely…he has to face Saban the rest of his career.
    I agree the SEC move is not good.

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. iatrogenic

iatrogenic 2,500+ Posts

This is outrageous. Next, the damn school will be admitting new students based on race. Oh...wait....

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1
    • poop poop x 1
  9. MajorRules00

MajorRules00 500+ Posts

IMO Mr. Jones is upset that the team's focus is moving away from political activism and back onto football. He knows this is happening and is making a last-ditch effort to torpedo that process. It isn't going to work.

If he has evidence of BMDs allegedly pushing for race-based promotion, he should present it. The entire UT family would happily knock these donors out of the picture, or, at the least, call on them to apologize and correct their behavior.

The fact that he refuses to do this speaks volumes.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Major,

You know it's ********, and I know it's ********, and so does anyone else with more than half a brain.

But then, ******** has always been all Jones had, and he has tried to use it to cover up his ignorance and lack of workplace productivity - on and off the field.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Hot Hot x 1
  11. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

Absolutely true!

12. William Bush

William Bush 25+ Posts

Just watch Finebaum's "show", he is full of chit and thinks he is well connected in all SEC schools, was pissed when he was left out of the loop about Saban.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Handler

Handler 1,000+ Posts

Sark was asked about this today and basically said it was BS.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

I did like Sarks reply.
    Complete faith in this man. Like he said, the coaches are proven winners. He addressed basically get on or off the bus regarding his players.
    That seems to be the consensus here.
    Give him time. 5 years minimum.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • WTF? WTF? x 1
  15. NRHorn

NRHorn 2,500+ Posts

That Finebaum show is painful…Finebaum” We have Billy Bob from Gulf Shores, Billy Bob what’s on your mind?”
    Billy Bob “ Roll Tide, weuns gonna beat the livin tar outta N Petuka St this weekend, Paul”
    After the fourth caller, I changed the channel.
    Riveting television.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

Note I suggested CDC do this last year, but he was patient until the new coach was onboard to handle those who might have been unduly swayed by peers etc. Apparently some players still think they are in charge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1