A brief refresher

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by puckhead, Nov 22, 2011.

1. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

Just want to remind folks of a few of things:

1) This is our first year under a new defensive scheme.
    2) This is our first year under a new offensive scheme.
    3) Transitions like those usually take a full season to really be completed.
    4) Early this season we were excited about the variety and the progress the offense was showing.
    5) Early this season some folks were not sure if Manny was the right guy.
    6) By all accounts, our defense is pretty stout now 10 games into the season.
    7) Our offense has shown great potential throughout the season, but key injuries and inconsistent play from the QBs are the only things that really stand between our current record and being 8-2.
    8) Losing two winnable games in a row makes things seem terrible.
    9) You're never as good as you think you are, and you're never as bad as you think you are.
    10) I believe this makes me a "sunshine pumper."

[​IMG]

2. gdu

gdu 1,000+ Posts

This does make you a sunshine pumper. Our offense is not as far along as I thought it would be (which is really saying something) and it isn't far enough along for Texas to have a good team next year. We really have to hope alot of guys with eligibility at other schools leave early.

3. Chuck_Norris

Chuck_Norris 25+ Posts

Doesn't make you a sunshine pumper--just shows you have perspective.

Which most people around here lack

4. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

The only offensive position that has me worried for next year is the most obvious one, quarterback. Otherwise, I think the team is ahead of where I expected it to be in several areas. I'm no sunshine pumper, but I'm also not Chicken Little.

5. Sip94

Sip94 500+ Posts

I don't think people are guaging our success this season on whether we go to 1st tier mediocre bowl or a 2nd tier medicre bowl or whether we have 7 wins or 6 wins. I think the doom and gloom comes from realizing that our passing attack after nearly 2 seasons is still really at square one. Literally, our passing game is not one percent better than GG's first start last year. The upside is that the defense is better than we would have expected and the kids are still very young an inexperienced. They are already one of the better defenses Mack has fielded and could be one of the best in all of college football before they graduate. Running game looks like it's gonna be top notch as well.

6. upset_horn

upset_horn 100+ Posts

11) $5,000,000

Hopefully next year we will have a better offense.

7. Texas Taps

Texas Taps 5,000+ Posts

I drink my half-full glass of orange Kool-Aid daily [​IMG]

8. dillohorn

dillohorn Guest

Maybe next year UT will have something that resembles an offense.

9. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

Sip,

Just a thought:

10. georgecostanza

georgecostanza NBHorn7’s Protégé

11. puckhead

puckhead 100+ Posts

George,

You may very well be right; players play all the time with injuries that are not disclosed (for competitive reasons, not just HIPA).

I wanted Gilbert to be the guy, but I suspect the way the first 3 games of the season officially unfolded was just an "unfortunate" set of circumstances that allow him to get a fresh start somewhere else with an extra year of eligibility.

Maybe my sarcasm meter needs tweaking.