A Great Setup Abrew

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by stevedallas, Dec 3, 2009.

1. stevedallas

stevedallas 500+ Posts

It seems no one gives a chance to win, depsite being 14 point favorites. All I hear and read is how tough Nebraska is and how Nebraska will win, how freakish that Nebraska lost games and good Pellini is.

So, if Texas does the unthinkable and win this game, we should be considered a great team, even by the SEC-lovin media....

right?

2. RobbyHorn

RobbyHorn 500+ Posts

Don't know how we manage to win. I mean, before last Thur aggy was gonna win because they had won 2 out of the last 3 against us. How did we stand a chance? Now, this, the great Nebraska Corns, black shirts, pellini, defense, suh, etc. How are we ever going to stay in this game?

Oh, yeah, I forgot. Richard Justice said that Colt will not let us lose this game. [​IMG]

3. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

Doomed I say!!! [​IMG]

4. South Austin

South Austin 2,500+ Posts

I really don't think we have a chance. I'll probably just watch Marley & Me on Saturday night.

5. SigPi_Horn

SigPi_Horn 500+ Posts

6. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

I'm going fishing. I'm taking the team with me. Fore we are DOOMED!!!
    [​IMG]

7. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

This thread has caused me to lose all hope.... it is NEBRASKA after all... were doooooomed. Instead of watching the game, I think I will build a fire in the fireplace, fix some cappacinno, curl up on the sofa with a blanket and a wonderful romance novel.

8. lnghrn005

lnghrn005 250+ Posts

WTF? No one is giving us a chance? What the hell have you been reading?

That said we're screwed. Nebraska is USC 2005 + Miami 2001. The beating we are going to get is going to make the 77-0 whooping the ags got look like a nail-biter.

9. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Instead of the game, I'm gonna watch Xanadu.
    That's what I'm gonna do [​IMG]
    The Link

10. TDTexas!

TDTexas! 250+ Posts

11. Dionysus

Dionysus Idoit Admin

12. KazooMan

KazooMan 250+ Posts

And the Big XII is talking about opening the dome for the game, so that Nebraska will be more "comfortable." We obviously don't play well when it is cool, much less cold - see the Wyoming game as an example. Even the Big XII powers that be are rooting for NU - and we haven't even talked about the lessons the refs have been learning from the SEC. DOOOOOOMED!!!!

13. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

14. MarylandHorn

MarylandHorn 500+ Posts

15. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

You guys are forgetting to mention the 96 Big 12 CG... NU was heavily favored, and we beat them! So obviously, now that we are the heavily favored team, they win! Its called kharma, so I hear.

16. dthree36

dthree36 500+ Posts

WOW!!!... I guess I need to rush out and buy a weeks worth of food and supplies and lock myself in a closet and not come out until the media storm quiets down after a Texas upset.

You have to be kidding me.... This crap happened in 05 and it is the same crap this year. All I see is how Cincinnati or TCU should be playing for the Title. How TCU is doing something last done in the 30's and should be playing in the MNC ahead of everyone else because they don't get this opportunity often. Hell even the sport ticker during last nights game listed Tebow first in the Heisman followed by Ingram and Colt 3rd per some stupid calculation on team performance.

I am hoping for a Texas beat-down and a 21pt minimum victory.

17. BillyW

BillyW 500+ Posts

[​IMG]

Allsome

18. smwhorn

smwhorn Guest

With our crummy defense and the outstanding Nebraska offense, i don't see how we can stay with them.

19. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

In reply to:

"Instead of the game, I'm gonna watch Xanadu."

OK LHC - I LOL'd [​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

I'm with lnghrn005 here.

21. sinless1

sinless1 500+ Posts

Didn't they light the Zilker Christmas tree? I think I'll go check that out. Can someone TIVO the game for me, in case we make it close?