absolutely no touch

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by zinger, Nov 12, 2011.

1. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Can't even come close enough to draw pass interference. Case's throw to Goodwin with single coverage and the db beat and can't even keep the ball on the field. Very few passes being caught in stride. We were definitely spoiled by Colt. His passes were so zeroed in that great catches were not even necessary.

2. ShinerTX

ShinerTX 1,000+ Posts

Well sometimes they required great catches. Look, very few top programs are going to start true freshment. Ash looked like a true freshman today. The big mystery is our injuries. What the hell is going on?

3. caryhorn

caryhorn 5,000+ Posts

Not just spoiled by Colt. We have the right to expect that our starting QB will get the ball to the receiver where he has a shot to catch it. At least touch it, in bounds. this was not happening nearly enough .

4. general35

general35 5,000+ Posts

i liked our offensive game plan. run it a couple times and then on third and short, throw deep. at least we can stop the qb controversy nonsense. both qb's suck. i think we should have tried to run ash more in the game. our defense played well. we could have won that game with a better game plan.

5. zinger

zinger 250+ Posts

Both QBs are shell-shocked with interception concerns.. They'd much rather err with an overthrow than take the heat for throwing a pick.
    Also don't think Case will ever underthrow a receiver again. He's taken so much flak about his weak arm, that he's not about to give detractors more to talk about.

6. WashU-Horn

WashU-Horn 500+ Posts

This game is about confidence and trust. The QBs don't trust the WRs and WRs don't trust the QBs. The Coaches need to work on the scheme, simplify perhaps and take other steps to make sure that the kids believe, have confidence in nailing a play and trust that all moving parts will execute said play.

That is NOT happening. We can do some of that with our RBs and the trust has developed between our OL and the RB but it is entirely missing from our passing game. Ash and Case are not great players (and they may never be great) but you don't need great players to have success at this level - you need good players.

Ash would be the starter at Alabama and I can just about guarantee that they would have been just fine (the same or better) with him at the QB position. We have a decent QB - if he keeps effing up... we need to start looking at the people coaching him and designing the stuff that he needs to runb/execute. You play to your strengths - and I am not sure we are doing that.

7. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

Whatever. Any avg frosh QB should have won that game. Guys were open all day. Had me wishing GG hadn't bolted so quickly.

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc. [​IMG]

8. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

You either did not watch Colt as a freshmen or have amnesia.

9. Hornin' In

Hornin' In 25+ Posts

If you think Colt wasn't light years ahead of Ash & Case as a freshman, you have zero memory of his play. These two guys are not, and never will be, approaching Colt's level of play. Ash may end up being a decent college quarterback, but if he isn't decently accurate as an 18-year old, he isn't going to ever approach Colt's skill set.

And yes, we have been spoiled. Apparently, so was Mack, because he appears to have taken a 2-3 siesta prior to last year.

10. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

The version of Colt with no accuracy or deep ball, not very mobile? That one? With pretty darned good and proven people around him? True freshman? Yeesh, you know doodoo about what and who will do what. How risky to say a qb won't achieve to Colts level. You won't win the powerball lottery. My bold prediction.

11. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

[​IMG]
    Can't touch this.

12. the Saint

the Saint 500+ Posts

Troll. Come on folks, wake up.