ACA enrollment numbers

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by hornpharmd, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

2. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

Roger
    ah that deadline apparently was just a suggestion

Calif and Washington have extended the payment deadline for jan 01 starting coverage to jan 15
    The Link

nice deal if you can get it
    think anyone will use medical care and then not pay?

3. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I consult for hospitals and I know for a fact they do. Your statement makes me believe your other posts are also laced with your opinion versus fact.

Hospitals are businesses. All businesses face decisions that are best for their interest. Today, cash flow is a major issue due to ACA and other reimbursement issues. If you owe money for your pharmaceuticals, equipment or payroll, you will enter a strategy of collecting cash as quickly as possible to keep the building running. Arguing otherwise shows you simply do not understand business or you try to deceive others with your "facts."

4. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

ii's
    ?
    Was that directed at me? I provided a link showing states are delaying deadlines for the first obamacare payments even as coverage has begun
    and I do know for a fact that there is a clause in obamacare that will force taxpayers to cover the costs docs and hospitals incur treating obamacare insured who in fact didn't pay or stop paying.
    some posters on here still deny that this will happen

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Nope, Pharm.

6. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

7. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

8. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

9. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

10. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

11. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

12. Bronco

Bronco 500+ Posts

Jesus dude, just say "ok I was wrong about that" and move on. You stated something and the ACTUAL people in that business have said it is not true.

13. pasotex

pasotex 2,500+ Posts

We never pay our health insurance bill on time. I guess I am in the business of paying for health insurance and you typically get a 30 day grace period.

14. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

15. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

16. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

As one of the people in the business, I did respond that you were speaking about something that was untrue as far as hospitals are concerned. Business for hospitals is not the same as working for a retail pharmacy, especially one of the big boys. Hospitals negotiate terms all of the time - it is the real world survival needed to navigate difficult reimbursement systems. ACA makes it worse.

17. mop

mop 2,500+ Posts

18. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

19. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

20. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

21. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

22. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

23. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

updated enrollment numbers

you can ignore the editorial comments in this article. just linking because it contains factual enrollment number updates. now 2.2 million through 12/28.

24. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

There are numerous studies showing that more than 2/3 of those people already had insurance. Quoting MSNBC does nothing to your credibility on the analysis of ACA...

At the end of the day, for all of the rhetoric and promises about what Obamacare would achieve, the health law’s most ardent supporters have stuck to their guns because of one thing: coverage expansion. But new data suggests that Obamacare may fail even to achieve this goal. Instead of expanding coverage to those without it, Obamacare is replacing the pre-existing market for private insurance. Surveys from insurers and other industry players indicate that as few as 11 percent of those on Obamacare’s exchanges were previously uninsured. If these trends continue, the probability increases that Obamacare will eventually get repealed.
    The Link

25. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

26. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

27. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

They are insureing the once insured before they uninsured them and now they have less insured than before they uninsured them.

28. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Does anybody but diehard Obama supporters believe anything he or his administration says? The facts are (as supported by my link) that most of the touted enrollees already had insurance. They have not come close to their needed number and those who are enrolling are largely older, sicker people. Next year, premiums will skyrocket and the insurance companies will be bailed out by the taxpayers.

30. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts