ACA enrollment numbers

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by hornpharmd, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

2. texas_ex2000

texas_ex2000 2,500+ Posts

20%-15% have not paid then? That's pathetic. I think the the default rate on subprime mortgages peaked at 23%.

Statistically, that's not the company you want to be in.

3. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

4. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

5. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

It was an all time high for the health sector. How is that for a baseline comparison?

Also, the article provided no correlation to those other industries, but yes, Obama's policies are not working there either.

6. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

No worries who needs jobs we got Uncle Sam. A side net Hospice House in Midland and Odessa are closing due to cuts in Medicare shifted to Obama care Very sad wonderful Drs and nurses that gave terminal and respite relief to families.

7. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

8. mojo17

mojo17 1,000+ Posts

The reason Medicare is trying to cut spending is due to money shifted to the ACA. It plainly states changes by the Obama admin.

9. Michtex

Michtex 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

10. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

So would Medicare be better off paying for normal care (ER visits, medications, Dr visits) for those additional 33 days on average? I bet not.

So is this article advocating "death panels?" No doctor can exactly diagnose the number of days any patient will live except for those on life preserving machines.

11. Uninformed

Uninformed 5,000+ Posts

12. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Is this technically a "law" still? Obama makes yet another arbitrary change.
    The Link

Why not just enroll everyone who has a social security number and let the smart ones opt out? It would be much quicker.

13. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

14. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Every prior year counted. Are you disputing the numbers or just stretching every possible objection to the well documented side effects of the law?

15. Texas007

Texas007 1,000+ Posts

the usual suspects still here defending a la the president has admitted is a failure. rich.

16. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

17. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

18. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

So I guess we will be able to" keep" that estimate as truthful just like we were expected to believe all the other BO Lies

People who actually believe this are to be pitied
    I doubt pharm believes it

19. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

20. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

21. zork

zork 2,500+ Posts

Thanks for the link.

22. Clean

Clean 5,000+ Posts

Good article Mr Fiesta.

Pompous *** that he is, Obama was doing a victory dance yesterday declaring that 7 million signed up. Of course, there's this:

23. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Based upon this study by Rand, 27% of the 7 million were previously uninsured. This makes newly insured at roughly 1.68 million. Considering not all of those have paid their first premium, hardly a success by any measure.
    The Link

24. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

iioftx - Beat you to it!

25. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

I missed your link. Sorry - thanks for posting.

Also, people underestimate the mix of enrollees. The lower numbers might actually be a good thing - lower tax payer bailout.

26. Mr. Fiesta

Mr. Fiesta 1,000+ Posts

No worries. Wait until there are not as many doctors or hospitals, then you'll see plenty of taxpayer bailout.

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

28. Hornible

Hornible 25+ Posts

I went to ACA website out of curiosity (as I would assume many others did) and entered all my information except my social security number. Would I have been counted in the enrollment number total?

I have heard at least one instance where a Medicare recipient was automatically registered by the state onto ACA without their authorization. They received a letter saying this had been done for them and they could enter the website and complete the application.

I take this move as a way to obtain the last minute registration numbers that have been reported.

29. theiioftx

theiioftx Sponsor Deputy

Who really knows what the real number is? Most analysts place the net new insured around 1 million.

If any one of the IT people on this board were in charge of developing their company's customer database and had no way of knowing much about who had enrolled or how they paid, they would be fired. I dare anyone of them to argue differently.

30. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts