aggy disney fight song

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by utempire, Jan 22, 2009.

1. utempire

utempire 1,000+ Posts

Was at Disneyland recently and a tune played throughout the day sounded almost identical to the aggy fight song. Does anyone know the name of this tune?

2. iLoVeLoNgHoRnS

iLoVeLoNgHoRnS 100+ Posts

You were at Disneyland? I'm jealous. [​IMG]

However, anything that remotely sounds aggy has no place at the Happiest Place On Earth. No place at all.

3. MadTrapper

MadTrapper 100+ Posts

This is a bunch of hullabaloo kanick kanick.

Perhaps you are thinking of the Mickey Mouse Club song? [​IMG]

4. 1963_Frosh

1963_Frosh 250+ Posts

The music of the Aggie War Hymn is derived from "Good-bye, My Coney Island Baby". Here is a youtube performance:
    The Link

5. YeaTexasFight

YeaTexasFight 1,000+ Posts

6. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

No not Yogi Bear.

It is the theme from the Mickey Mouse Club, the Mickey Mouse March.

Listen here. Forward to approximately 1:16 to avoid the singing.

Listen to that, then imagine the little tune the stupid asses tap out on their car horns. It's the same thing. The Longhorn band has a great version that melds the two songs together, but I failed to find it on line. Maybe somebody else can.

7. HookemDanno

HookemDanno 100+ Posts

If I'm not mistaken in my youth, the Texas Band used to serenade the Fightin Texas Fake Army Band with the Mickey Mouse Club Theme song...

Rivalries seemed a lot more fun back then...

[​IMG] Danno

8. MGriff27

MGriff27 25+ Posts

9. wbutfan

wbutfan 250+ Posts

Yeah, I remember at one game during band day, the Texas band and the opponents band were on the field playing either the alma maters or fight songs from the schools of the Big XII and when they got to the atm song they played the Mickey Mouse March.

I miss the band doing stuff like that.

10. alt875

alt875 250+ Posts

That Youtube with the quartet is brutal. My god.

11. danthehorn

danthehorn 250+ Posts

During the last season of the SWC. The Texas and Baylor bands both got on the field at halftime and did a tribute to the SWC fight songs. They actually played the Disneyland music when they did the Aggie fight song. It was great.

[​IMG]

12. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

MGriff's direct link wouldn't work, but if you go here then scroll to Texas and select Mickey Mouse Salute, that'll work.

13. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

The LHB announced it would stop playing the Mickey Mouse Salute after aggy bonfire fell. The band would play the opening fanfare of the aggy war hymn and then go into Mickey Mouse. It is greatness and I think we should bring it back.

14. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

15. FWHORN

FWHORN 10,000+ Posts

16. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

I'm pretty sure Rice started it. I'm pretty sure they were doing it when I started watching the Horns in '89.

What was it, about 12 yrs ago when they grew extra large huevos and performed at pyle field halftime with that song? Those inbreds came unglued.

17. apd183

apd183 100+ Posts

Here's a version with the intro. Whoever started it, kudos to them, and it does need to be brought back.
    The Link

18. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

19. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

20. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!