aggy meltdown

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by SectionThree, Mar 23, 2009.

1. SectionThree

SectionThree 500+ Posts

For the last six weeks or so, aggy has been foaming at the
    mouth (this on Texags) about the Mack Brown dominance over their pregnant coach. However, when Wilson pulled the
    trigger their mods went into their Oh-No head-in-the-sand
    mode. "If you can't read it, it ain't happening". Those bozos
    have completely erased all threads that discuss this.
    I have always wondered how they feel when they get out
    in the real world and find that they can't use a maroon
    eraser when something doesn't agree with their narrow
    vision of what is really happening. Funny folks, those guys.

2. LonghornCougar

LonghornCougar 1,000+ Posts

I was wondering about this. Did they do the same with the Case McCoy and Connor Wood threads?

3. chango

chango 2,500+ Posts

They have to know they have no real shot at top level talent--just wishful thinking on their part. The real meltdown will happen when OU, Tech, Okie St etc take all the 2nd tier talent and aggy starts losing the real recruiting "battles" with Baylor, Houston, etc.

4. converse

converse 250+ Posts

For those who don't go over to the boards at texags, here is what they all look like:

Original Poster: Who do we have a shot at on the D-Line?

AgGuy1: A friend of mine in Tyler says that Ashton Dorsey is an Ag lock.

Original Poster: I thought he verbaled to UT already.

Honky Tonk Man: Shut up fegh! Why don't you take your sip *** back to Whornfans!

Random Ag: No kidding! We don't want you sips here. This is an Ag board. We don't care about you trolling and gloating about your pathetic class.

Another Ag: I'm interested in knowing how our competition is doing - especially when they are beating us head-to-head for recruits.

Honky Tonk Man: You can go to hell! What the sips do has no impact on the Ags. Sherman doesn't use the lists and trust me when I say that he didn't want most of those UT recruits anyway.

Honky Tonk Man: Here is a link to some sips looking ghey.

Texdoc: Dorsey is a good pickup for Texas. A&M has a good chance as players X, Y and maybe Z.

Honky Tonk Man: Quit with the gloating. Staff, please ban these users.

SomeOtherAg: Recruits read these boards. So, if you aren't going to be positive, you have no business posting anything.

NOTE: this typically goes on for about 4-5 pages before that staff deletes the thread.

Used to be a good place for recruitung info. Now, it's the equivalent of a conversation on the West Mall between 4th&5 and RyanatUT.

5. vanterminator

vanterminator 25+ Posts

wow, a lot of anger and aggression. its stupid these people would fight and just abuse each other and not have a decent conversation...

6. GemStateJim

GemStateJim 2,500+ Posts

That is a classic post, converse, and not much of a stretch. Brightened my evening.

Thanks.

7. pulque

pulque 1,000+ Posts

Sounds like Pravda to me...

8. Burnt Orange Bevo

Burnt Orange Bevo 1,000+ Posts

converse's sample thread cracked me up, a pity it's too long to use as somebody's sig.

9. SWHorn

SWHorn 500+ Posts

[​IMG] @ converse

10. DigglerontheHoof

DigglerontheHoof 1,000+ Posts

converse fmw. That's not an exaggeration, I believe there were direct quotes in there.

11. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

Honky Tonk Man has to be a Horn in disguise. No even extreme aggy is that over the top.

12. UTFAN4EVER

UTFAN4EVER 250+ Posts

13. Ctexan

Ctexan 100+ Posts

OMG...spot on Converse...spot on...

14. Hornius Emeritus

Hornius Emeritus 2,500+ Posts

Honky Tonk Man is the kind of guy who would go to a funeral dressed in maroon and white and then tell everybody how to act.

15. Austintxusa

Austintxusa 2,500+ Posts

HTM is the most entertaining read on the interwebs.

Think Miller 58 crossed with Ayatollah Khomeini.

16. TexanWolv

TexanWolv 1,000+ Posts

Converse nailed it. End of story. Move thread to classics.

17. Texdoc

Texdoc 500+ Posts

Hey Converse - thanks for the pub. [​IMG]

If HTM turns out to be a Horn in disguise... [​IMG]

HOOK 'EM,
    Texdoc [​IMG]

18. CanaTigers

CanaTigers 2,500+ Posts

What if Honky Tonk Man is right and Sherman is targeting third tier recruits as part of his 7 year plan? Mack may be playing right into his hands by taking all the top talent in Texas.

19. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

Converse - LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

Nothing will ever top the Kevin Kubecheski (TPE) post comparing the Texas and A&M recruiting classes of 2002. He posed as an Aggie comparing the classes by position and gave every edge to the Aggies, despite the fact that our class was ranked #1 by all of the major publications. One of my favorites went something like this...
    TE:
    Texas: Skinny white guy named Thomas
    A&M: Didn't need one, didn't get one.
    Edge: A&M

And then a bunch of Ags came to its defense. Greatness beyond all. I cried from laughing too hard when they finally realized it wasn't an Aggie.

21. PFD

PFD 1,000+ Posts

22. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Converse [​IMG]

Hornfans gold!!!

23. Texas Renegade

Texas Renegade 100+ Posts

I think I have a new sig:

Fran left our program overturned in the ditch and on fire, with HTM still in the front seat screaming "Go man go."

24. LostInOC

LostInOC 25+ Posts

I went over to Texags' and Liucci's Top 39. After the commitment of Reggie Wilson, Texas now has 13 of 39. For aggy that is 33% of their Maroon Colored Glasses Leader's aggy wish list.

Damn, the beat down goes on.

Liucci's 39

25. GhostOfTomJoad

GhostOfTomJoad 500+ Posts

26. SectionThree

SectionThree 500+ Posts

Converse nailed them as good as anyone has ever done.
    They are so wrapped up the maroon coccoon that they
    feel that the fetal position protects them from evil.
    Congratulations, Converse.

27. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

Someone was brave enough to post converse's post on Texags , but it didn't stay up long. Bet the user got banned for doing it and he was an aggy.

28. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

29. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

What converse posted is true on almost all aggie threads for years now. It's like they are cloned in a science lab somewhere. The "lingo" never stops repeating.

Here's a point also... I don't know if converse made that up as an illustration -- or if it's real. Because it's one of those areas where parody and reality are the same.

20-30 years ago I picked up a Harvard Lampoon parody on Playboy. I thought it REALLY WAS a Playboy. The lampoon of it ... and Playboy itself... were that much alike.

I flipped through half of it before I came across an Ivy League photo spoof that gave it away... what struck me was that often things are simply a parody of themselves. They are -- in reality -- no different than if you were creatively making fun of something.

Years ago it was little booklets of Aggie Jokes. Now the Internet has allowed the promotion and escalation of the ability to present the Aggie Parody. The place is a joke unto itself.

Thanks, Converse for a brisk job well done!

30. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Wow! So I just dirtied myself for the first time in about five years. Converse nailed it. I swear every recruiting post is almost just like this.

The word ghey is gay. What the hell is an ag tag? Is it punched into their left ear for identification? Apparently if you don't have one you are not part of their herd.