Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevosbff1973, Nov 27, 2017.

1. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

Fresno State was strong last season. Year in year out App State is usually a credible opponent. That and the Miami game are far away to know.

2. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

Can't wait for the maroon meltdown when Jumbo loses to someone like Fresno St. or better, New Mexico.

3. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

And you just know aggy will lose to one of those OOC "cream puffs".

He'll, don't count out the Mean Green! UNT is playing good football now. Upset Arky in FayetteNam last year.

Wouldn't it be absolutely delicious if a UT system program like UNT upset lowly aggy in Collie Station!?

Whhhhoooooppp!!!

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2019
  4. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Just ponder...what IF Idiocracy was not fiction? What IF that descriptions at the beginning were ACTUAL family tree diagrams from Collie Station?

Just sayin...

• Like Like x 1
  5. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

Must have been good...the account is suspended.

6. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

I'm not posting to diss your comment about UNT; you might have been in TMS 1976 DKR's last year, for the North Texas State (of course now UNT) game, I was there. IIRC NTSU had a pro-style QB the scouts were high on. It was 1976, Texas was in decline.

I just looked it up at Texas Sports, as bad as I remember it. Scoreless 1st quarter. Erxleben kicked a FG early 2nd, NTSU scored a TD and went up 7-3 over UT at half. Uh oh.

Horns scored a couple of TDs in the 3rd (Earl and Cordaro) to go up 17-7 but NTSU scored a TD with about 7 minutes left in the game to get to 17-14 which is how it ended.

But the game seemed like at any second their QB might light it up. Texas outgained them about 400 to 200 yards but didn't feel like it. I guess Texas' D stopped NTSU at opportune times enough to win.

Just seeing your post about aggy and UNT brought back that dismal night to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

I was at that game, too. That game was a near disaster.

8. WorsterMan

IIRC there was another close call with N. Texas... under Akers, McWilliams or Mackovic?

9. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Back off; there are extenuating circumstances. A&M scheduled East Texas State, aka, A&M-Commerce to help little brother out financially. Unfortunately, the Lions (??) won their National Championship, then wouldn't let the Aggies keep the trophy in Brazos County. Aggies went looking for a non championship caliber opponent to pad the schedule. Mary Hardin Baylor could use the money, but they screwed up and won their national championship.

No word on the Aggies negotiations with the UIL to schedule Austin Travis so they can claim a win over a team in Travis County.

:beertoast:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

Looks like NTSU played Akers' teams fairly close, scoring first in one, ultimately Texas winning them by at least about 10 points or so.

The other real tight one was 1988 under McWilliams, NTSU lead for the first 3 quarters, with Texas pulling it out in the 4th by a touchdown or so.

11. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

Is that the one where we got the winning score in the final minute by catching a pass almost a full yard out of the back of the endzone, but the ref somehow gave us the completion and touchdown?

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Stat,

I thought that was the game where Peter the Great ran right toward the flag (northeast corner) and was perhaps knocked out of bounds or perhaps scored. NTSU fans and players swear he didn't score, but we were awarded a TD. I believe that was fourth down.

13. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

No, Frenzy just doesn't let others retweet his stuff.

14. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

That was the game IIRC.

15. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

I remember that game. I worked with a guy who graduated from North Texas and he was livid. I just smiled and said "you've got to get those calls at home because you're not going to get them on the road".....

16. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

17. LonghornCatholic

lol

Screen Shot 2019-01-26 at 6.55.35 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  18. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

One of my favorite comeback wins was the ‘87 win over the piggies in Fayetteville on a Stafford to Jones 18 yard TD pass on the final play for a 16-14 win. The crowd was already calling the hogs and BAMM! Game over. And the place went as silent as a tomb.

• Like Like x 3
  19. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

There really should be a Texags Account Suspended Parallel Universe web page. I would definitely be a member.

20. LonghornCatholic

• Like Like x 1
  21. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

22. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

• Funny Funny x 1
  23. Horn2RunAgain

Horn2RunAgain 2,500+ Posts

Without looking it up, in 1978 we hard a VERY hard time with NTSU. I remember we couldn't move the ball on them and our offense was booed going off the field at the half.

NTSU was very different back then, Hayden Fry was their HC and coached his *** off trying to get a job at "the university of something" as he put it later. He had quite a fine staff in Denton, I have to say. When he beat SMEW, his former program, he was ecstatic on his coach's show the following night. They also beat Tennessee in his time in Denton IIRC.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  24. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

• Like Like x 1
  25. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

He hated us with a burning passion. I think he hated the entire SWC

• Agree Agree x 1
  26. mb227

mb227 de Plorable

But that usually does NOT bring up an account suspended message from Twitter...it would instead show a 'cannot view' or something like that.

27. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

Not even Aggies are that dumb

• Funny Funny x 1
  28. WorsterMan

upload_2019-1-28_9-49-45.png

• Like Like x 1
  29. SabreHorn

SabreHorn 10,000+ Posts

He won the annual Jess Neeley Whiner of hte Year Award so many consecutive years that the award was retired

30. WorsterMan

upload_2019-1-28_9-51-40.png

• Funny Funny x 2