Aggy

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Bevosbff1973, Nov 27, 2017.

1. I_Dont_Exist

I_Dont_Exist 1,000+ Posts

You must have been a blast yourself Captain Queeg.

2. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

Here we go again :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Wait a second, IDE stole the strawberries?

4. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

I THOUGHT I heard the clicking of a couple of stainless steel ball bearings rolling around in somebody's hand.

5. zuckercanyon

zuckercanyon 2,500+ Posts

Could jump to a school boy joke about hot steel balls and Superman but guess I just gave up the punchline..….

6. IvanDiabloHorn

IvanDiabloHorn 1,000+ Posts

7. 4th_floor

4th_floor Dude, where's my laptop?

Tech just qualified for the final four, moving ahead of aggy.

Poooooooooorrrrrrrrrr aaagggggyyyyyy!!!!!

• Funny Funny x 3
  8. Htown77

Htown77 5,000+ Posts

The fact A&M and Northwestern are the only two left is fantastic. In fairness, Northwestern's most viable way forward to a top 4 finish is football and that's really unlikely. Of the two, A&M is more likely to finally break through. That said... I still would not bet on A&M to break through.

9. LonghornDave

LonghornDave 1,000+ Posts

No bribes paid but you do have to squeeze em.

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

There must be an exception for aggy?
    If not, I hereby formally propose that there be one henceforth

11. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

12. blonthang

blonthang 2,500+ Posts

aggy beat the Horns in baseball last year regular season also; then in the regional toinamint the Horns beat aggy when it really meant something.

13. Detective Shilala

Detective Shilala 2,500+ Posts

Well, as any astute college athletics fan should know, April, September, the years of 1935 to 1939, and 1985 to 1993 are the only years that matter. Whoop. That and whenever meat judging finals lands.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

Funny! As I was walking out of the stadium last night Aggy was in full chant mode so I yelled, "It's ok, while we're playing in Omaha you'll be watching us from your mobile homes!". It wasn't clever but it made me feel better.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • poop poop x 1
  15. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

“There’s no one in the universe that didn’t go to Texas A&M that would say Texas and Texas A&M are on the same level”
    (the blonde is aggy as you will quickly figure out)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  16. das3603

das3603 250+ Posts

LOL. She is pissed that no one else agrees with her :lmao:

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. BevoJoe

BevoJoe 10,000+ Posts

The blond is not only an aggy, she’s a complete idiot as well.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Joe Fan

Joe Fan 10,000+ Posts

Redundant?

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

This is aggie.

20. mchammer

mchammer 10,000+ Posts

While the B12 vs Aggy or SEC isn’t something I greatly care about, but since aggy cares about it, I care about it. Funny that TT makes final NCAA game and not the SEC. Wait till Texas makes the CFP champ game for them to go apoplectic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

What a STUPID ******* gomerette.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Vol Horn 4 Life

Vol Horn 4 Life Good Bye To All The Rest!

That video is an instant classic! She is exactly what I and everyone else who knows an aggy deals with on a daily basis. They live in their own reality.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  23. Austin_Bill

Austin_Bill 2,500+ Posts

Even though she is an aggy, she does have two things going for her :beertoast:

• Hot Hot x 1
  24. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Just wow....

Her lame comebacks, unsupported claims, unjustified boasting about aggy so fully encapsulate so many aggys mindsets I have met over the years. It's like arguing with a crazy man or Forrest Gump... it wears you down and you just walk away.

The only claim or "fact" she could think of was aggy had more $$$ than UT.... true in her mind just because she said it.

25. Phil Elliott

Phil Elliott 2,500+ Posts

Meh, it was kinda pointless as neither side ever brought up any facts to back up their claim. The guys are like, "they just are", and she is all, "but a$m has more money", whatever that means, and nobody ever gets into any stats. If she would like to talk money, how about we compare the relative value of the two brands?

26. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

The most basic thing one might argue:

I browsed and found that UT is ranked #6 in all time NCAA National Championships in all Men's & Women's sports (total was 46). The list I saw had 40 programs and aggy was not even listed among the top 40 programs....

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  27. rick mueller

rick mueller Burnt Orange Bleeder

Never argue with idiots. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

• Agree Agree x 3
  28. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

I cross-posted this from the Men's Basketball discussion re: rooting for Tech tonight. I think it belongs here.

"Here's one way to look at things. We (UT) are the big brother in a dysfunctional family. We have two little brothers (Tech and A&M) along with many cousins, in-laws, and hangers-on.

One little brother is a scrappy underdog with lots of fight and spunk who you can usually admire and root for against other teams, and who occasionally rises up and bests his big brother.

The other little brother is an ornery little sh!te with a grossly over-inflated view of himself, who boasts and throws insults constantly from his obnoxious loud slobbering mouth. Even after repeated smackdowns he still won't shut up. He really hates both of his brothers, but especially us. He's recently been adopted by a new dysfunctional family. Most of his new 'brothers' beat him up--sometimes mercilessly. Strangely, like a battered wife who stays with her man, he still loves them.

Draw your own conclusions as to who is each little brother."

• Winner Winner x 2
  29. Chop

Chop 10,000+ Posts

Facts:

As for the schools:

UT endowment: $26.5 Billion
    A&M endowment: $11.55 Billion

UT annual athletics dept revenue: $182.1 million (#1)
    A&M annual athletics dept revenue: $131.0 million (#12)
    Source: The 27 schools that make at least $100 million in college sports

As for the alumni:

UT ultra-high net worth (>$30 million) alumni: 2,061 (#17, right behind U. Michigan and ahead of U. Va.) .
    A&M ultra-high net worth (>$30 million) alumni: un-ranked/didn't make the top 20...
    Source: Wealth-X 2017 report

UT billionaire alumni: 10 (ranked #12, tied with U. Michigan and Dartmouth, ahead of Duke)
    A&M billionaire alumni: un-ranked/didn't make the top 20...
    Source: The 20 Universities That Have Produced The Most Billionaires

But don't expect the facts to influence the thinking of this sort of Kool Aid drinking aggie...

• Hot Hot x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2019
  30. LonghornCatholic

LonghornCatholic Deo Gratias

• Like Like x 1
    • Hot Hot x 1