Ags schadenfreude over Colt's draft

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by Wild Bill, May 4, 2010.

1. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

Yesterday we had an Aggie over to the house (unbeknownst to me). She was very nice and we started talking sports, and the conversation drifted into the draft. She opened her big mouth and said,"we are all laughing at Colt McCoy being drafted at #85. I guess you can figure out I'm an Aggie".I guess she did not see the giant Longhorn right by my front door. Hey, but nobody said aggies were real quick on the uptake.I couldn't help myselfso I responded,"how many aggies got taken in the first 3 rounds?"

I already knew: 0 Ags in the 1st 4 rounds
    6 Horns in the 1st 4 rounds

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. everybodygodeep

everybodygodeep 500+ Posts

Actually 0 aggy in the first 5 rounds and 1 overall - but I am not celebrating that or anything.

3. horns4everup

horns4everup 250+ Posts

Hmm, I can only imagine what the list of things that we could be laughing at them about would look like...if only we had the interest or inclination to compile one. Very classy as usual of Ags who resort to making fun of Colt as a desperate attempt to get our attention.

4. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

5. WorsterMan

WorsterMan SEC here we come!!

Example that aggy really has nothing to talk about.... they hate UT more than they love their own school or sports teams.

6. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Hope you had some Advil around the house to get rid of the headache talking to aggy causes.

7. EPThorn

EPThorn 500+ Posts

The Aggies just ran out of rounds in the draft.

8. Texas0407

Texas0407 500+ Posts

9. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

You can always tell an aggy, but not much.

10. Wild Bill

Wild Bill 1,000+ Posts

11. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

Seems like Aggy should be talking sh** to Baylor or Tech.

12. hamhorn

hamhorn 100+ Posts

Uh, Ma'am, he quarterbacked the Horns year before last to their biggest win over A. & M. since century before last and put more than 400 yards of offense on y'all last year.

Where does that leave your jealous maroon ***? Uh, no offense, of course.

13. Tommy_Grand

Tommy_Grand 500+ Posts

Last weekend I drank beer with several aggies who are now Texas high school football coaches. To a man, they agreed that Cleveland was lucky to get Colt w/ the 85th pick. Good move for the Browns. Holmgren knows what he's doing.

14. NEWDOC2002

NEWDOC2002 1,000+ Posts

Of course, she'll never eat crow when Colt does some good things in the NFL or beyond (i.e. coaching, etc.).

15. Dr_Bob_Rio

Dr_Bob_Rio 250+ Posts

And exactly which round was aggy Steven McGee drafted?

Hmmm.....me thinks 3rd.

16. Pentaconta

Pentaconta 1,000+ Posts

I've found you can have intelligent conversations with a few Aggies, but far too many of them are mouthbreathers. Your energy would be better spent picking lint out of your bellybutton, or organizing your sock drawer.

Ask your friend how the Aggies did in this year's draft, and listen for the sound of the crickets chirping. Hell, Colt was even drafted higher this year (3rd round) than McGee last year (4th round).

Not bad for the kid they like to call "Cart" eh?

17. horns58

horns58 100+ Posts

The illustrious history of A&M QB's in the NFL draft.

1. Stephen McGee drafted in the 4th round, number 101 overall.
    2. Reggie "Real Deal" McNeal drafted as a wide receiver in the 6th round, 193 overall in 2006.
    3. Bucky Richardson drafted in 8th round, 220 overall in 1992.
    4. Ed Hargett drafted in the 16th round, 397 overall in 1969.

Who's laughing now?

More importantly, 1 national championships for A&M in 1939 (split with USC) compared to 4 for UT. Sorry, made up polls from pre WWII that are not recognized by the NCAA don't count. If that were the case, UT would have 16. This should be used to squash any further ridiculous comments from A&M peanut gallery until proven otherwise.

18. NebLHAB

NebLHAB 500+ Posts

horns58. You're saying aNm's last football title was BEFORE the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

[​IMG]

m/

19. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

20. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

oh ****.

21. BigWill

BigWill 2,500+ Posts

see "Animal House".

John Belushi's rant "was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor"?

22. HousHorn09

HousHorn09 2,500+ Posts

Wadster? [​IMG]

Please tell me you just brain farted questioning NebLHAB. EVERYBODY knows that Animal House spoof of Belushi's. At least I thought everybody did.

[​IMG]

Oh... aggys. They're not worth the time or energy. Only one response is ever worthwhile when coming in contact with one, "I'm sorry. Are you relevant? Thought not."

23. WhitmanSampler

WhitmanSampler 250+ Posts

Even Sneezy Beltran knows about Belushi. Only an idoit at Oklahoma freak show wouldn't.

24. drborange

drborange 500+ Posts

wadster, that was an old joke. [​IMG]

25. UTEE

UTEE 1,000+ Posts

26. UT1986

UT1986 500+ Posts

"I've found you can have intelligent conversations with a few Aggies, but far too many of them are mouthbreathers." until the point that anything aggy (sports related) comes up and then all sense of rationality is gone from that point forward in the conversation. I have spoken with some sharp aggy engineers until the focus is shifted from engineering to aggy football, then I have to excuse my self to get my hipwaders on!

27. Horns11

Horns11 10,000+ Posts

I think that's the thing with irrational aggy (yes, I know, redundant).

You can be having a perfectly nice conversation, meeting, meal, or whatever with aggy until sports comes up, which it inevitably does. Then the focus shifts from perfectly nice talk to "t-sips suck because your level of success isn't quite what you wanted it to be, due to all of your 2nd place finishes in national championships" or something along those lines.

If that's how you get your shits and giggles, by hiding your sports shame behind the hugely admired and profitable near-successes of your rival, then you are aggy. And it's even worse with chicks, because they're already stupid about sports.

28. TDTexas!

TDTexas! 250+ Posts

29. wadster

wadster 5,000+ Posts

30. Pericles

Pericles 1,000+ Posts

aTm

Nothing to see there; move along . . .