All of the Titans bandwagoning is ridiculous

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by LONGHORNman, Dec 5, 2006.

1. HornsN04

HornsN04 500+ Posts

That is a damn shame.

2. Orangesweat

Orangesweat 2,500+ Posts

3. ChrisforHeisman

ChrisforHeisman 25+ Posts

I'm not content at all to the former. All I'm saying is that the Texans aren't to the point that they need to be making draft picks based on business-related motives. They need to pick who they think is the best fit for them on the football field.

4. ChrisforHeisman

5. runthebone

runthebone 100+ Posts

Wow, some of these posts are so long, I bet servers are crashing somewhere.

I am a native Houstonian, and although I was never a big Oilers fan, I hate Bud Adams for what he did to my city. I cheered for the Rams in the SB because I wanted Bud to die having never won a SB.

That being said, why should I be loyal to a five-year-old expansion team that peaked during its first game over VY? Has the franchise done that much for the city of Houston? The city earned its own SB bid by building the stadium. The franchise also doomed my casual fandom by going completely insane in April.

I will be loyal to VY whether he plays for the Titans or any other team I currently hate, i.e., the Cowboys. As has been said earlier, I love VY more than I hate Bud. I'm not cheering against my hometown, the city of Houston, I'm cheering FOR someone from my hometown against a poorly-run franchise that has the name "Houston" but is actually an embarrassment to the city. It is also a franchise that chose to stab much of the city in the heart by passing on VY. So f them.

6. hornpharmd

hornpharmd 5,000+ Posts

I think this thread is overrun with lawyers.

I'm watching this Texans game but it is the only one I will watch all year long. Mainly just b/c they suck.

7. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

Paging LONGHORNman...paging LONGHORNman...a message for you from Mr. Vincent Young. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. sessamoid

sessamoid 500+ Posts

Hahaha! Stupid Houston texaggy!

9. Hpslugga

Hpslugga 2,500+ Posts

10. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

In reply to:

11. giveemhell

giveemhell 1,000+ Posts

One of the early signs of obsessive-compulsive disorder is lengthy, detailed, endless debating on internet message boards. [​IMG]

12. Zuerst

Zuerst 250+ Posts

Look in the mirror.

13. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

14. ChrisforHeisman

15. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

16. ChrisforHeisman

17. madscientist

madscientist 1,000+ Posts

you guys type too much.

18. Bookman

Bookman 1,000+ Posts

I haven't looked at this thread in a long time, but all I have to say is:

1. Vince rules.
    2. Houston sucks.

19. Steinbeckford

Steinbeckford 25+ Posts

Have fun pulling for the ****** Texans, suckers. Vince ************* Young, baby!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

20. Roy4

Roy4 Guest

I'm jumping to the end on this one...

Owenership isn't necessarily the defacto deal breaker.
    If that were true there would be fewer Cowboy jans miffed over Jones' handling of the team.

I don't have the skinny on why Bud Adams did what he did. Franchises have moved around the country in all sports. I really don't see that as a deal breaker. It's a multi-million dollar business. This is all high-roller stakes.

Due to free agency, player moves, etc. in all sports, I no longer follow a franchise or color or mascot or even a coach. I pick the right combination that works for me. Vince Young works for me. I'd cheer for him if he played, God forbid, for the Redskins.

I never liked the Texans from the start. Nothing unique in coaches or players, or uniforms (colors), seems to me a boring team for years to come. I have been a Titans fan since they moved to Tennessee. Long before the 06 draft.

As to the Texans, when the Universe was handed to them on a platter... they choked. The Titans had the gumption to recognize MJ and go for it.

21. MTF

MTF 1,000+ Posts

22. badexcuse

badexcuse 1,000+ Posts

funny. i love it!!!
    [​IMG]

23. GHOST HORN

GHOST HORN 100+ Posts

a VY last second, come from behind, highlight WIN makes all prior angst against him erase.

VY lets you do all this work on your Etch O Sketch then comes along, pushes you out of the way, and shakes it up. he is mean man, just plain mean.