All offensive coaches get raises, none for defense

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by TheTresLeches, Jan 24, 2008.

1. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

I'm liking the new accountability Mack.

"In addition to the pay increase for Davis, offensive line coach Mac McWhorter, who also is the Longhorns' associate head coach, received a raise of $43,000 over last season's salary of $232,000. Receivers coach Bobby Kennedy will earn $197,100, up $12,000, while the pay of tight ends coach Bruce Chambers was bumped by $7,000 to $172,360.

Dodds said Brown recommended his defensive assistants not receive raises after Texas finished the 2007 season with the seventh-worst defense statistically in school history. The Longhorns ranked 52nd nationally in total defense, allowing 371.2 yards per game, and they were 109th overall in pass defense, giving up 277.8 yards per contest."
    The Link

2. hot_c_win_horns

hot_c_win_horns 100+ Posts

I LOVE IT!!! [​IMG]

3. Longhorn_Fan68

Longhorn_Fan68 1,000+ Posts

4. El_Oso

El_Oso 500+ Posts

ficking A Mac, ******* A [​IMG]

5. ShinerChE

ShinerChE 250+ Posts

Mack knows damn well the **** storm that would have hit the internet and media if he gave a raise to the defensive coaches after the year they had. One he is not dumb and two it shows he can get tough when he needs too.

6. rtchorn

rtchorn 250+ Posts

No soup for you.

7. texashorne

texashorne 250+ Posts

Our O-line coach earned every penny of that raise, IMO.

8. Handler XIII

Handler XIII 1,000+ Posts

I love the new Mack!!!!

9. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

I'm not trying to start an argument or disagree with the above poster, but, I thought the general consensus was that our O-line sucked this year. Weren't our best passing plays occurring when Colt would have to scramble?

10. BigOHorn

BigOHorn 100+ Posts

11. TrashMaster G

TrashMaster G 250+ Posts

12. Truck's Son

Truck's Son 500+ Posts

13. TheTresLeches

TheTresLeches 250+ Posts

The fact that McWhorter got Hall ready to play all 5 Oline positions because of injuries is pretty impressive.

14. p_town_horn

p_town_horn 1,000+ Posts

15. flipflops

flipflops < 25 Posts

16. H-D Rider

H-D Rider 1,000+ Posts

17. Knoxville-Horn

Knoxville-Horn 1,000+ Posts

Ok. I stand corrected. It just seemed as if there was alot of bitching on Hornfans throughout the year inre to the offensive line. I was just wondering why the change of heart in retrospect to the season.
    Looking forward to next year with the best coaching staff in America. [​IMG]

18. danthehorn

danthehorn 250+ Posts

I can't wait to see this Mack on the side line come football season. Keep it up!

19. NativeTXchic

NativeTXchic 1,000+ Posts