AM IS A RECRUITING TOTAL DISASTER?

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by miller 58, Apr 7, 2010.

1. PropositionJoe

PropositionJoe 2,500+ Posts

2. madcow

madcow 500+ Posts

3. PropositionJoe

4. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Mack has changed the way recruiting is done not just in our conference but nationwide. He has not changed it in a bad way just in a way that makes coaches attack it further out and earlier than they used to. It never stops.

5. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

RahC's failure to adapt to Mack's early recruiting is probably the biggest reason he got his walking papers from agricultural. Mack didn't originate early recruiting (Paterno can take as much credit for that as anyone.) but he turned it into a fine art while the rest of the college coaches around here neglected it. Bad on R.C. and his replacements at agricultural that have tried to play catchup ever since.

6. PropositionJoe

7. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

I don't care what anybody says, Miller 58 provides a lot of entertaining posts. I don't have to verify the actual numbers that he recites, I know he is close and quite frankly even if he is off on the numbers, he is still dead on with the conclusions. While I agree it is not fair to compare Shermie with Mack, it doesn't matter who you try to compare him with, he still sucks big time in recruiting. I just hope that Miller58 doesn't get anyone in College Station's attention. I would love for the Aggies to keep Shermie around another ten years and continue with the mantra that he only needs "one more year."

8. PropositionJoe

9. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

Keep wearing those maroon colored glasses Pop Joe. I think you guys did OK in recruiting in womens swimming too. Don't forget that.

10. easonlake

easonlake 25+ Posts

The OL wasn't the problem for the ags. I'm eating a burrito.

11. PropositionJoe

12. PropositionJoe

13. coolhorn

coolhorn 2,500+ Posts

Prop, I'm pretty sure you won't be giving any foot massages. Matter of fact, if I was you, I'd beat the rush and go out and get some matches. I just don't see more than six wins by agricultural this year, and maybe less.

The Shermanator's not the worst coach you've had in collie station, but even if he hired a whole staff of recruiters, I'm afraid that train has already left the station. The ags will always get a few solid players just because...legacies and such...but they're surrounded by recruiting machines in Austin, Baton Rouge, and Norman. That's way too much to have to compete with without the help of Fed-Ex.

14. PropositionJoe

maybe it's the kool aid, but i dont know that i believe that. we have a good recruiting base, decent to good facilities, and we're a large school. i think we can win. will we be a perennial power like texas, ou, lsu, etc? maybe not. but there's no reason for us to be as piss poor as we are.

i'm still not giving up on sherm quite yet. we might hit 6 wins and call it a day this year...but...i dont know. this is just a year that i have absolutely no clue what's going to happen. it's going to be a supposed "down" year in the big 12...we return good starters on offense, and we have a DC that's made his name by coaching up crap talent.

we'll just have to wait and see. either way i'll be in the stands every game, until about half time if we're down by 20, in which case i will go to my house, crack a beer, and watch it with my dog on my recliner.

i dont mean to wax philosophic, but maybe it's the past few years of **** football, maybe it's getting older or whatever, but i've realized that there is much beyond football....like softball, or track, or golf. do any of those make up for our suck in football? no. but there is other stuff.

i go to all of the games, i buy new polos every year, i subscribe to two different recruiting websites, and hell i live in CS and teach at A&M. but at the same time i recognize that there is life beyond football.

helps me cope. [​IMG]

15. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Sherman has to go, now, for A&M to ever be successful.

Mac Brown signed and committed 21 four and five star players just last year.

Nick Saban signed and committed 22 four and five star players, and then 18 in a single recruiting class before that.

Mike Sherman has signed and committed only 17 total four and five star players total, since he was hired in 2007, and this is his fourth recruiting class completely blown, since 2007.

Just look at A&M's terrible winning percentages against other big 12 teams, with terrible recruiting like this:

Mac Brown .839

Bob Stoops .821

Bo Pelini .649

RC+Wrecking Crew .603

Mike Sherman .312

P. Joe you just talk winning eating; and losing Ag football.

With most of the top recruits aleady committed or leaning elsewhere this year, and up to 80 players, mostly 2 and 3 star players, on this year's team, that Sheman has personally evaluated, and signed since his hire, we are just completely dead in the big 12 south, again this year!

_____miller58

16. PropositionJoe

17. vculou

vculou 250+ Posts

I think he was telling you that you cut a tipic and shift to food when you should be talking winning football..

so how was that as an interpretation? [​IMG]

18. accuratehorn

accuratehorn 10,000+ Posts

I believe what Miller is trying to say is down at the Texas Grill, Mack Brown has a front-room reserved table and a standing order for all-you-can-eat U.S. Grade A Prime steak fajitas, but when Sherman comes in he is served the PeptoBismol Platter over at the table by the kitchen entrance.

19. vculou

vculou 250+ Posts

the entrance by the kitchen? Is that next to the mens room?

yeah yeah thats it...

20. longyak

longyak 250+ Posts

If you look at the last Inside Texas recruit rankings, TCU has more top 50 recruits than A&M does.

21. PropositionJoe

TCU is pulling together a damn good class.

22. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

In his fourth recruiting class, Mike Sherman's recuiting can't get any worse!

Since his hire in 2007, the number of 4*/5* recruits Mike has committed and signed is:

Mike Sherman 17

Mac Brown 47

Bob Stoops 43

Les Miles 44

We waited 10 years too long to get rid of RC and the wrecking crew with their .603 big 12 winning percentage!

Let's get rid of Mike Sherman with his .312 big 12 winning percentage, now, and not make the same mistake we did with RC and the wrecking crew?

_____miller58

[​IMG]

23. Trifecta

Trifecta 250+ Posts

Shermie just needs a little more time. Over on the 40 acres, we are very happy with what he is doing and we hope that you stay with him for another 7-10 years!

24. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions

Trifecta, EXACTLY!

_____miller58

[​IMG]

25. miller 58

miller 58 250+ Posts

My personal opinions:

Reportedly this is a big Ag weekend to get commits with a Sunday Camp?????

_____miller58

[​IMG]