AM / UCLA thread

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by beencounting, Mar 22, 2008.

1. hothead25

hothead25 100+ Posts

This is now the ultimate moral victory. That was a total gAG job down the stretch. What, 2 FG in the last 10 minutes?

2. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

this is why I need to stop watching this damn tournament other than Horn's games... I get too invested in the upsets. Too invested. This is a killer evening.. ****.

3. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

I may get ripped for this but that was a very, very classless move by the UCLA player to not just dribble it out. Instead he goes end to end and knocks in a dunk contest type one armed dunk, as you all saw. Maybe it was just the heat of the moment and he did what his intuition tells him to do but it was none the less classless, even if it is aggy.

I suggest they boycott the state of California and Bears of all sorts. This includes Gummi's, Teddy's and Honey.

4. ColtMcApplewhite

ColtMcApplewhite 25+ Posts

It is such a strange feeling to go from wanting a team to hit a three at the end to win to cackling gleefully at that same team getting Baylor posterized at the buzzer for the loss.

Aggy is one helluva drug. [​IMG]

5. TXBabe97

TXBabe97 250+ Posts

You HAD to know aggy would find a way to f it up!!!

6. Benson32

Benson32 1,000+ Posts

he probably shouldnt have dunked it but it was in the heat of the moment.

what a ******* ballgame, the aggies deserve a **** ton of credit. well played guys.

7. The Horn Identity

The Horn Identity 500+ Posts

UCLA goes from being challenges by a mid-tiierd Big 12 team to a cake-walk to the Final Four. What a joke.

8. MP5

MP5 100+ Posts

Aggys **** Karma and the proper workings of the Universe is the reason they endure the misery they do. There would never be a hearbreaking loss, with a Ref jobbing and a Poster dunk to rub it in if they were not classless, dirty, and rub-it-iners themselves earlier in the season. Ala Baylor game

9. NatChampUT

NatChampUT 100+ Posts

Karma is a ***** aggsy

10. anhyzer

anhyzer 250+ Posts

11. UTGradSchoolAg

UTGradSchoolAg 25+ Posts

Sloan got absolutely mauled.

God they've showed the replay several times and he pushes sloan's hand. Clean block my ***.

12. Horn69

Horn69 2,500+ Posts

plus they were only ahead by two...

Hook'em!!! [​IMG]

13. austintex

austintex 500+ Posts

If UCLA had trouble with A&M, they're going to have trouble West Virginia, or even Xavier...

14. UTGradSchoolAg

UTGradSchoolAg 25+ Posts

MP5:
    I don't remember seeing our fans pelt the UCLA players with garbage the whole second half.

15. Bob Wills

Bob Wills 500+ Posts

poooooooooooooooor aggggggggggggggggies

couldn't resist [​IMG]

16. Horns_House

Horns_House 100+ Posts

17. l00p

l00p 10,000+ Posts

Well gosh, they were not women and band members nor did your fans have swords.

18. TomTerrific

TomTerrific 500+ Posts

So....
    we neutralize Love and beat UCLA to end their winning streak in Paully Pavilion and aggy flops out in the second round.

Sounds about right.

And the dunk had to happen.

The white haired ref kept calling the Bruins for offensive fouls, stepping on the line and traveling all night.

19. Hu_Fan

Hu_Fan Guest

Pac 10 has looked lousy in the tournament so far. What a freaking weak conference to have been so highly pumped.

20. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

ah, well i'm honestly cool with this season's performance. not bad for a first-year coach. what do yall think?

21. bluto

bluto 500+ Posts

im so f'ing tired of seeing ucla get calls. the two 'out of bounds' calls that went 'off anm', the last shot, and another play where moute allegedly blocked Davis.... just terrible calls.

22. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

That's gotta hurt.

23. Zuerst

Zuerst 250+ Posts

and this makes it 8 for 8 for the day for my bracket. [​IMG]

pooooooooooooor aggies

24. MP5

MP5 100+ Posts

The aggys were throwing **** and getting kicked out of the game. I know your excuses that it was really the Bears that falsely accused the aggy, just like the LHB deserved the poop flinger for playing while the PMC rode by or the fight for the Alamo was started by Tech instead of an old aggy gray hair punching an aggy student he mistook for laying seige to the alumni section, or the SMU cheerleader daring to step on the chests of dead soldiers- we Know aggy-we know

25. D_Wreck11

D_Wreck11 250+ Posts

Chalk up another moral victory they'll talk about for years at MVU. Poooooor aggy.

26. Hornin Hong Kong

Hornin Hong Kong 1,000+ Posts

ok to be fair that was so aggy and hilarious.

27. Third Coast

Third Coast 10,000+ Posts

I predict a mass cancellation at Motel 6 in San Antonio.

28. sblazer

sblazer 500+ Posts

the dunk shouldnt have counted anyways. ooh well.

29. blueag09

blueag09 250+ Posts

I'm getting word that the refs waived that last dunk. I'm waiting for a legitimate source to verify this.

30. jobu93

jobu93 < 25 Posts

the ref was waving it off in the broadcast. it still means jacksquat. you cant go cold for minutes on end.