AM vs Tech

Discussion in 'Men’s Basketball' started by DJDJAJGJ, Jan 16, 2008.

1. DJDJAJGJ

DJDJAJGJ 250+ Posts

Aggies have count 'em... 17 points at halftime. Wtf? There's still a half to go, but it seems like Knight owns the Aggies.

Looks like the blueprint to beat A&M is to get their big guys in foul trouble. Doesn't look too hard. They're still hacking like they did when Gillespie was their coach.

It's very important for Johnson/Atchley to have an inside game, and Augustin/Abrams/James all need to drive to draw fouls.

2. RyanUTAustin

RyanUTAustin 1,000+ Posts

Didn't see this coming.

I thought I saw the worst half performance in the 2nd of Texas / Mizzou.

A&M takes the cake tonight and its even worse in the 2nd.
    Now up 21 with 8 minutes left.

What a dump

Congrats coach Knight! 900!
    Tech owns Aggy

3. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

gold jerry, gold!

4. SBGLonghorn

SBGLonghorn 100+ Posts

way to be Coach Knight!

5. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

Did not see this one coming. I guess its KU and the 11 dwarfs

6. Next Monday

Next Monday 25+ Posts

7. LonghorninAustin

LonghorninAustin 1,000+ Posts

They have shown Mrs. Knight a million times on t v. Why?

8. Stylistics

Stylistics < 25 Posts

Because this will be his 900th career victory.

9. bigup2dahorns

bigup2dahorns 250+ Posts

speech coach speech! this is gonna get good

10. SBGLonghorn

SBGLonghorn 100+ Posts

rough off-season for holy rowe

11. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

"Coach, how gratifying is it that your team executed you game plan?"

"Its not gratifying as much as it is a damn good for them that they did."

12. Oranjello

Oranjello 100+ Posts

Good for Coach Knight, first to 900, perhaps only. 45 years at a 20 win clip? Tough to match.

And fitting that it came in a blowout of aggy. I hadn't seen them before this season, but they look like they suck this year.

13. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

14. Herkie Walls

Herkie Walls 25+ Posts

this can happen when you have only played 1 game away from home.

15. Meursault

Meursault 250+ Posts

16. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

17. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

Contradictory how?

18. Sangre Naranjada

Sangre Naranjada 10,000+ Posts

In terms of fewest personal fouls per game, right JJ?

19. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

Ah OK. Yes. Top 30 in fewest personal fouls committed per game, if thats the confusion. A&M is also in the top 30 in terms of smallest percentage of opponents points coming from free throws. A big change from the last 3 years.

20. Another example of the home dominance in this conference so far. 9 of the first 11 games in Big 12 conference play have been won by the home team.

21. Orange Salad Ranch

Orange Salad Ranch 250+ Posts

A&M is now 15-2. They are 0-2 on the road (yes, last night was only their second road game all year and they were blown out in both). I still don't think they've played anybody in the Top 25. They're still a very hard team to read at this point.

22. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

A&M wasnt blown out at Arizona, Arizona built a big lead with a bunch of points while A&M was playing desperation ball and missing free throws. It was similar to the way Duke pulled away late from FSU last night in the final minutes. I guess you could say A&M was blown out in the second half at Arizona though, it was brutal after we got out to a big lead.

23. TheGallopinGoose

TheGallopinGoose 2,500+ Posts

Congrats to caoch Knight for 900.

24. numbereleven

numbereleven 250+ Posts

25. JJxvi

JJxvi 100+ Posts

Unreal? Just looking at the top handful of teams the following have played only one road non conference game this season...Duke, Memphis, Marquette, UCLA, Indiana, etc. Not uncommon, especially for teams who play in the preseason tournaments.

26. UnBiased Horn

UnBiased Horn 250+ Posts

it's always a trap game to go out on the road for basically the first time. Arizone destroyed aTm in one half so 1 good half and three disastrous halves on the road. yeah i know the run aTm made in garbage time made it more respectable. some of my very knowledgable friends are jumping off the bandwagon at this point.

27. Statalyzer

Statalyzer 10,000+ Posts

28. bentwookie

bentwookie 100+ Posts

Technically Texas has only played two true away games before Mizzou...UCLA and Rice....Michigan State,Tennessee and New Mexico St. were all "neutral" sites. Now I would argue that the Rice game was more of a home game for UT and Auburn Hills was hardly neutral...

29. EuroHorn

EuroHorn 2,500+ Posts

Michigan State game was played in Michigan. Not sure I would consider that a neutral site.

30. DAGMAR

DAGMAR 250+ Posts

I believe the MSU game is considered an away game even though it wasnt played in East Lansing