American Airlines Center ATT Plaza game watching

Discussion in 'In The Stands' started by killerfrog17, Sep 7, 2008.

1. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

So I decided to go check out the free game-watching party at the plaza on the south side of the AA Center. It was great. Huge HD video boards, bunch of UT fans. Just bring a couple lawn chairs and a cooler and good to go.

Even better when I found out Lance Armstrong's dad was sitting directly in front of and to the right of us, and John Chiles's parents were sitting directly in front of and to the left of us (who were both really nice)! Too bad we didn't bet to see a little more of #7 this game.

2. dfw75201

dfw75201 250+ Posts

I was going to post the same thing. Really great night, with cool breezes and a good crowd. We ended up snagging a couch at Nine and had some friends meet us. Great wine, some appetizers and the game. Awesome people watching with the crowd heading to the private shiny-shirt lounge event at Nove. I'll do it again.

3. killerfrog17

killerfrog17 250+ Posts

But what the hell was up with those Hare Krishnas?!

4. Duff_Man

Duff_Man Guest

Agreed with everything stated above. I've never seen a picture resolution clearer than the HD boards at Victory Park.

Think there were kiosks sets aside where you could buy beer and such. However, many people did have coolers with them.

The event going on at Nove was DJ Kaskade spinning.