An Edge

Discussion in 'On The Field' started by HalRex, Oct 5, 2020.

1. HalRex

HalRex 1,000+ Posts

I feel like this team is missing an edge. When Vince was here he, and his teammates, had an edge and it was sharp. Recall, and I paraphrase, “We got some guys that are gangsta”. He later walked that back a bit after but nonetheless he was right. We had some guys that stuck their chest chest out and were ready to kick some a** every game, an attitude. Vince, O-line, d-backs and d-line - we would slash and smash you. Now, I don’t doubt that TH preaches toughness but I feel that that real edge has to come from the individual players. On this team I see Jamison, Roschon and Sam with that back of the neck hair prickling “I’m gonna whip your ***” attitude. That attitude needs to spread to the rest of some very talented athletes.

2. Duck Dodgers

Duck Dodgers 1,000+ Posts

I feel like this team is missing tackling ability, coverage ability, the ability to figure out that at least one defender needs to be in the center of the field, ball handling abilities, break away speed abilities, and proper clock management abilities from the coach.

Lots of players on this team that try to smash the other team - one of them watched the rest of the game from the bench as a result.

Not sure how talented they are, when a collection of 2-3 gold stars played them straight up for ability, strength, quickness, and speed on Saturday.

3. horninchicago

horninchicago 10,000+ Posts

Something's missing alright...

• Funny Funny x 2