and so it begins

Discussion in 'West Mall' started by Roger, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Roger

Roger 1,000+ Posts

2. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

bipartisanship is only something R's need to do.

going further to the left will seal BHO as a 1 termer..this election was a rejection of the assumed mandate BHO thought he had.

good luck with that.

3. Oilfield

Oilfield Guest

Man, I wonder what world that guy is living in. About the closest thing to bipartisanship I heard from Barack Obama for the last two years was, "We Won!". I'm looking forward to hearing, "We got stomped!" today at his presser.

4. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

5. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

If the GOP acts like the Dems have acted the past 4 years and the GOP acted before that their reign of power in the House will be short.
    i don't see the millions of people who became so engaged in the process all of a sudden not paying attention.
    I believe and hope the people will hold all polticians feet to the fire
    and now that people know they really can make changes they will be likely to do it again.

the real issue IMO is how much they are willing to allow to be cut or at least not expanded.

6. YoLaDu

YoLaDu Guest

7. boon

boon 100+ Posts

yoladu,
    could this also be the part of reason gov power has gradually accumulated in DC? Because if politics and concerns shift from being local to national, people feel they have less influencel and therefore don't pay as much attention

8. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

yo
    I think and hope you are wrong.
    From what I could see the disgruntled people came from everywhere. not just the Repubs.
    They only leaned gOP because the GOP campaigned on working to rein in the runaway spending of the past 6-8 years.
    Seeing one really does have an impact is rewarding.
    I don't see them sliding back into ennui. especiaaly not when things are so bad and they will be bad for a long time to come.

They key of course will be how to rein the mess in and will it be what most people can accept. Not Paul of course ( when you rob Peter to pay Paul Paul will always vote for you, not Rand Paul)

9. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

yesterday the GOP was part of the solution; as of today they are part of the problem

10. gecko

gecko 2,500+ Posts

I have a feeling, public pronouncements notwithstanding, that there are a a lot of Rs and Ds that will work together over the next two years - there will be spending compromises (by Ds) and tax compromises (by Rs). If Obama wants to be relevant to the discussion, he better moderate.

11. TexasGolf

TexasGolf 2,500+ Posts

"get in the back seat"

12. Horn6721

Horn6721 10,000+ Posts

MB
    No matter how hard some tried to portray the Repubs as the party of no, they tried to be part of the solution.

Not one elected pol that i have see and one one poster on here has gloated. It is NOT the time to celebrate.

You are right. Now the Repubs will see their plans and ideas out in the public arena.

13. Murphy'sBoy

Murphy'sBoy 1,000+ Posts

I do not disagree with your point. Maybe they will be forced to cooperate with each other and we will all be the better for it.